Surge Works, Dem's scramble to find ground to stand on

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:03 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;36215 wrote:
We just need to go ahead and do the inevitable and install another "US friendly" dictator. It's all they understand, and it will give us something to do in 12 years when we elect another republican after Hitlery destroys whats let of America.

Hmmm, could it be that the current government of Al-Maliki, whom we set up, is precisely the puppet government they resent...Maybe we ought not be in the business of dictating who is acceptable to us, and let them figure it out for themselves. Maybe, that's the problem...our meddling in other folks' affairs.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:20 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;36291 wrote:
Hmmm, could it be that the current government of Al-Maliki, whom we set up, is precisely the puppet government they resent...Maybe we ought not be in the business of dictating who is acceptable to us, and let them figure it out for themselves. Maybe, that's the problem...our meddling in other folks' affairs.

I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:46 pm
@92b16vx,
Iraq needs a dictator. Three rival factions that want to fight and kill one another. This usually bodes well for democracy (no sarcasm), except in this case they actually DO kill each other. Saddam Hussein was an asshole, but at least he kept the people in line. If we can't leave, I support Brownback's idea of making 3 seperate states. That, or put an Iraqi general in charge of the country and bail.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 01:41 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;36299 wrote:
I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post.

Sometimes, I admit to being "blond"...LOL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:33 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;36312 wrote:
Iraq needs a dictator. Three rival factions that want to fight and kill one another. This usually bodes well for democracy (no sarcasm), except in this case they actually DO kill each other. Saddam Hussein was an ***, but at least he kept the people in line. If we can't leave, I support Brownback's idea of making 3 seperate states. That, or put an Iraqi general in charge of the country and bail.

There's no 'bailing'. Think about it. Iraq isn't Vietnam. It sits on the world's second largest oil reserves. It occupies the epi-center of the Persian Gulf region. It shares a border with Syria, which runs Hezbollah, which sits on northern Israel, launching rockets against it while issuing Nazi salutes. Iraq also shares a border with the maniacally rogue nation, Iran. An Iraq under AQ control would foretell global doom. No way. We're there.....possibly for good. Every time you turn up your air-conditioning, or start your car, think of Iraq.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:00 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;36318 wrote:
There's no 'bailing'. Think about it. Iraq isn't Vietnam. It sits on the world's second largest oil reserves. It occupies the epi-center of the Persian Gulf region. It shares a border with Syria, which runs Hezbollah, which sits on northern Israel, launching rockets against it while issuing Nazi salutes. Iraq also shares a border with the maniacally rogue nation, Iran. An Iraq under AQ control would foretell global doom. No way. We're there.....possibly for good. Every time you turn up your air-conditioning, or start your car, think of Iraq.

Our need for oil (vs. our resistance and reluctance to seek alternative fuel sources) justifies our imperial designs on Iraq? Why stop there? Why not the entire region? Why not Africa (especially Nigeria)...where does it end?
In case you hadn't noticed, the lust for oil is obscene...and air conditioning has nothing to do with oil....it has to do with freon and electricity.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 12:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;36318 wrote:

COunt how many items from COMMIE China, or Vietnam, or Venezuela you have sitting in your house. Clothes, plastic items, electronics, look at it all.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 12:18 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;36318 wrote:

Iraq's oil production is still far below pre-war levels, and will continue to be so long as we're there.

I am disturbed by this new idea from neocons of "maybe forever". It reminds me of an Orwell quote:

Quote:
It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia but to keep the very structure of society intact
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 01:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
Are we not still in Germany and Japan. Forever isn't so far away.
Freeman15

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 01:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;36384 wrote:
Are we not still in Germany and Japan. Forever isn't so far away.

That's "ok" with you? We pour billions into our military overseas, and all it does it stir up hate. Bring ALL of the troops home, from Iraq to Italy, all of them, home, today.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 01:45 pm
@Silverchild79,
If they don['t hate us for this they will find other reasons. Remember they are unreasonable people.
Are you an isolationist like Ronny?
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 02:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;36386 wrote:
If they don['t hate us for this they will find other reasons. Remember they are unreasonable people.
Are you an isolationist like Ronny?

What kind of mentality ( or lack thereof) do you possess.....You should be locked away, and silenced. The war ( or the prospect of peace) is already lost with your kind of thinking...Us Vs. Them.
Kill or be killed. May a nuclear bomb hit me first, so I don't have to live any longer, in the world with someone like you. Hurry, please. I should draw a target on the top of my bald head.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 05:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
The dems don't want the surge to work, frankly they'd rather lose than stand and fight. The US made the toxic mess in Iraq it has a moral obligation to stay and get the job done. If the dems are elected no doubt they'll cut and run, but hay that's what the left always do if they can't crawl into bed with their enemy they run. I wonder if their creed "I'd rather be red than dead" would of worked during WW11?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 07:17 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;36291 wrote:

There's no solution to that particular problem. Any and all governments we sponsor during The Occupation, will be despised and dismissed as US puppets. We shouldn't worry about that, either, but instead accept it as part of the price to be paid for the invasion of and WOT in Iraq. It comes with the turf.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 07:33 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;36453 wrote:
There's no solution to that particular problem. Any and all governments we sponsor during The Occupation, will be despised and dismissed as US puppets. We shouldn't worry about that, either, but instead accept it as part of the price to be paid for the invasion of and WOT in Iraq. It comes with the turf.

That is ridiculous. Iraq has to have a credible government to succeed, period.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:56 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;36453 wrote:

So your solution is to stay there indefinitely. This makes the muslims want to attack Americans less....how?

Further, how do you think we should PAY for this occupation?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 12:23 am
@Silverchild79,
They don't think, it's all emotional. they're feelings were hurt by the badmen, and now they have to stand their ground or they think they will be defeated again by the badmen.

It's amazing, even though, we cut through Saddams army like butter, found, remove tried and killed Saddam, helped establish a elected government, and constitution, rebuilt their army and police force, restored quite a bit of infrastructure, have killed the number 2 guy fifteen times, somehow, they still think that if we redeploy troops where tehy belong, and secure our own coutries border, it will be a defeat. ******* amazing.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 04:38 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;36347 wrote:
Our need for oil (vs. our resistance and reluctance to seek alternative fuel sources) justifies our imperial designs on Iraq? Why stop there? Why not the entire region? Why not Africa (especially Nigeria)...where does it end?
In case you hadn't noticed, the lust for oil is obscene...and air conditioning has nothing to do with oil....it has to do with freon and electricity.

Electricity is generated by fossil-fuel-burning. Ha.

We're not even close to implementing alternative energies that will keep our massive industrial base operating at full capacity. It's a matter of scale. OUR ECONOMY IS HUGE. Most of us can't discern that because we're so conditioned by it we take it for granted.

And yes......we should invade the entire Middle East. We must do whatever is necessary to maintain our empire.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 04:39 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;36531 wrote:
So your solution is to stay there indefinitely. This makes the muslims want to attack Americans less....how?

Further, how do you think we should PAY for this occupation?

1. Yes.

2. No, but that's life. Life is war.

3. Take their oil.
Freeman15

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 05:42 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;36566 wrote:
1. Yes.

2. No, but that's life. Life is war.

3. Take their oil.

Life is war? Tell me, have you ever been to one? I have not, but then again I'm not the one espousing the merits of constant death and mayhem.

So where is the Iraqi oil? We've been there 4 years and not a drop.