Iraq connection in UK bomb plot?

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 12:43 pm
Al Qaeda In Iraq Behind U.K. Bomb Plot?, Sources Tell CBS News Suspects Recruited By Leader Of Terror Group's Iraq Branch - CBS News

well if anybody wanted a recent reason why we should keep fighting in Iraq, you're welcome :cool:

There's an anti war movement circulating that says we shouldn't be in Iraq because there's no link between Iraq and terrorist attacks at home, does this count?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,388 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 07:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
GO, FIGHT, WIN -- BRITAIN. GO, FIGHT, WIN -- BRITAIN. GO, FIGHT, WIN -- BRITAIN. Fight, Britain, fight. America is behind you. Fight'm hard, fight'm mean, cut'm down, wipe the Earth clean.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:27 am
@Silverchild79,
This absolutely REEKS of false flag now.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:35 am
@Silverchild79,
Has anyone ever accused you of being an enemy sympathizer? Arguing with war-vets-turned-sympathizers is a very delicate matter. As a patriot, I don't want to disrespect you or your service. But, I find your sentiments disturbing. Somehow I'll work through this. After all, my son, whom I raised to be a patriot and good Catholic, is now enthralled by college radicalism, and has embraced the Muslim cause as part of that thought-process.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:57 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24779 wrote:
Has anyone ever accused you of being an enemy sympathizer? Arguing with war-vets-turned-sympathizers is a very delicate matter. As a patriot, I don't want to disrespect you or your service. But, I find your sentiments disturbing. Somehow I'll work through this. After all, my son, whom I raised to be a patriot and good Catholic, is now enthralled by college radicalism, and has embraced the Muslim cause as part of that thought-process.

Has anyone ever accused you of being a neofacist sympathizer? For one thing, I am not enthralled by college radicalism, and I have most definitely NOT embraced the muslim cause, but I DO call it like I see it. And quite frankly a bombing carried out by completely incompetent amatuers, with no casualties, and then in a matter of days somehow believed to be connected to AQ leadership in Iraq is just a stretch to say the least. Especially since the war is daily losing it's support, what better way to get people back to thinking the way you want them to? Sorry, but for me to give it my belief I want blood in the streets and DIRECT connection to the AQ leaders in Iraq.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:36 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;24726 wrote:
Al Qaeda In Iraq Behind U.K. Bomb Plot?, Sources Tell CBS News Suspects Recruited By Leader Of Terror Group's Iraq Branch - CBS News

well if anybody wanted a recent reason why we should keep fighting in Iraq, you're welcome :cool:

There's an anti war movement circulating that says we shouldn't be in Iraq because there's no link between Iraq and terrorist attacks at home, does this count?

silver the war in iraq has made the problem worse,alqueda wasnt a problem in iraq prior to the invasion,it is now a magnet for radical islamists,iraq has only added fuel to the fire,bin-laden hated saddam,there was no connection to 9/11,but there is now ! a job well done.....NOT
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 04:53 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;24797 wrote:
silver the war in iraq has made the problem worse,alqueda wasnt a problem in iraq prior to the invasion,it is now a magnet for radical islamists,iraq has only added fuel to the fire,bin-laden hated saddam,there was no connection to 9/11,but there is now ! a job well done.....NOT

Don't worry, Scoob. Don't worry. Maybe you guys can make some concessions to AQ, sort of on par with what Spain did. They'll leave you alone if you just give in to them, a little. :peace:
Drnaline

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24779 wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone ever accused you of being an enemy sympathizer?

Yeah, i have made such a claim before.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:10 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;24797 wrote:
Quote:
alqueda wasnt a problem in iraq prior to the invasion,it is now a magnet for radical islamists,
Nice, our plan worked.
Quote:
there was no connection to 9/11,

Should there of been? You forgetting the UN aren't you? And over a dozen resolutions, a failed ceasefire from the prior Bush 41 war. Why are you willing for forgive all that and start at 9/11?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24822 wrote:
Don't worry, Scoob. Don't worry. Maybe you guys can make some concessions to AQ, sort of on par with what Spain did. They'll leave you alone if you just give in to them, a little. :peace:

I think Scoob has a destiny with Radical Islam. He's probably convert like STNGfan.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:33 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;24831 wrote:
I think Scoob has a destiny with Radical Islam. He's probably convert like STNGfan.

Scoob needs a couple of hardcore Muslim neighbors. Maybe he'd change his mind if he could see them drool over his neck, while holding dull butcher knives and small swords.Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
@Silverchild79,
I wonder what his tolerence level would be then? Na, wouldn't matter, he'd praise Allah and Muhammid his messenger, LOL.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;24787 wrote:
Has anyone ever accused you of being a neofacist sympathizer? For one thing, I am not enthralled by college radicalism, and I have most definitely NOT embraced the muslim cause, but I DO call it like I see it. And quite frankly a bombing carried out by completely incompetent amatuers, with no casualties, and then in a matter of days somehow believed to be connected to AQ leadership in Iraq is just a stretch to say the least. Especially since the war is daily losing it's support, what better way to get people back to thinking the way you want them to? Sorry, but for me to give it my belief I want blood in the streets and DIRECT connection to the AQ leaders in Iraq.

I'll never forget how foolish the Nation of Islam looked, when, right after 911, they held a big, televised rally in which they did a lengthy parody of the government's initial suspicion of OBL as 911's mastermind (there wasn't clear proof he had orchestrated the attacks immediately afterward). A few days later, as proof came avalanching in like nobody's business, the NOI spokesman who had performed the parody looked like an absolute idiot and traitor. On that particular matter, he has kept his mouth shut, ever since.:headbang:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:44 pm
@Silverchild79,
Scoob and 92B,

What you say to OBL if he agreed to sit down with you two and work out an agreement everybody had to live with? Seriously. What would you say to him? What would you conceed? What would you ask for? Indulge me, please.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:15 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24840 wrote:
Scoob and 92B,

What you say to OBL if he agreed to sit down with you two and work out an agreement everybody had to live with? Seriously. What would you say to him? What would you conceed? What would you ask for? Indulge me, please.

There would be no conceeding. Even hypothetically, if I could get Osama to renounce his jihad, and say he has come to an accord with the Great Satan, the fact is, and it's the fact that makes a war on terrorism impossible, there is no accountability to a chain of command, or order of things. Even if you kill Osama, there's ten guys standing in line to take his place, they're like crack dealers, and roachs. The terrorist structure is a structure of ideals, not leaders, anyone can be any position, anywhere, anytime. How about you show me, a sensible, doable solution to the "war on terror". Because no matter how we long we stay in Iraq, it isn't going to wipe out AQ, or anti-American sentiment. What it is going to do, is use funding and lives we could be using to strengthen our country, and build up our economy. Trillions.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:29 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24839 wrote:
I'll never forget how foolish the Nation of Islam looked, when, right after 911, they held a big, televised rally in which they did a lengthy parody of the government's initial suspicion of OBL as 911's mastermind (there wasn't clear proof he had orchestrated the attacks immediately afterward). A few days later, as proof came avalanching in like nobody's business, the NOI spokesman who had performed the parody looked like an absolute idiot and traitor. On that particular matter, he has kept his mouth shut, ever since.:headbang:

And? My point is having seen the cost of war first hand, I have a special desire to see the proof before I pass a judgement for more war. And in light of recent everts, and the fact that the whole Iraqi war is predicated on a complete lie, that is reinforced.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:21 pm
@Silverchild79,
Agreed. AQ is a movement, not an organization.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:23 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;24857 wrote:
And? My point is having seen the cost of war first hand, I have a special desire to see the proof before I pass a judgement for more war. And in light of recent everts, and the fact that the whole Iraqi war is predicated on a complete lie, that is reinforced.
Quote:
fact that the whole Iraqi war is predicated on a complete lie,
The whole Iraqi war, really? Can you back up that fact? Does that include what happened in Iraq pre 9/11, must not?
92b16vx

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 01:27 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;24876 wrote:
The whole Iraqi war, really? Can you back up that fact? Does that include what happened in Iraq pre 9/11, must not?

Considering you have never backed up anything in your witless arguments, I do not feel inclined to humor you when you can go look yourself, but I', sure any five year olds you talk to are impressed. If you are talking about Kuwait, there's no point. The muhjadeen were going to help push Saddam back, but were denied so the US could keep it's foot in the door with it's oil contracts. If you want to go back, we can go as far as you'd like, how about 1953?
Drnaline

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 07:04 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;24897 wrote:
Considering you have never backed up anything in your witless arguments, I do not feel inclined to humor you when you can go look yourself, but I', sure any five year olds you talk to are impressed. If you are talking about Kuwait, there's no point. The muhjadeen were going to help push Saddam back, but were denied so the US could keep it's foot in the door with it's oil contracts. If you want to go back, we can go as far as you'd like, how about 1953?

I have gone back, ever see a time line for Iraq? It didn't start at 9/11, but you know that and yet you keep saying it even though you know the difference. I must take it as you intentionally are trying to deceive others, not very honest don't you think? Special for an x servicemen.