Cindy Sheehan throws in the towel

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:40 am
Anti-war mom Cindy Sheehan gives up her protest - CNN.com

I feel bad that she lost her son so I understand her anger, but her politics have always been wrong IMO

but this is just proof, cut-and-run is as cut-and-run does
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,537 • Replies: 25
No top replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
Right on.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
Good, she's too misguided but can stir strong feelings.
0 Replies

Celerity

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 03:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
Cindy found, as many of the Left's poster children often do, that the moment her agenda deviated from the party's - they cast her to the wolves.

As far as her missing her son, she still hasn't used the money that the feds sent her to buy him a gravestone. She bought a car, and managed to gain weight on her 2006 "fast" (Of milkshakes and exotic smoothies).

Her husband left her, her people have moved on. Now the animals of the left can join with most of the right in their bashing over immigrants. Strategically, letting her and her ilk fall to the wayside is an important and good move. They are even cutting Rosie ODonut's umbilical cord to get that sort of attention away from them.

After 100 days on the Hill, they have actually started to accomplish their first goal set in the first 100 seconds of their terms: Spread the Bush Hate. (The second goal set in the first 100 seconds was to buy Pelosi a new jet)

And it's amazing what they can accomplish when they put their minds to it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
Good riddance.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
The wacky broad said she just wants to go home and "be normal" for a while. She certainly needs that and so do we. Notice that she now blames the Democrats as well as the Republicans?
I think she was propped up and used by leftists and like an old horse, she was rode hard and put up wet. Now she is of little value to them and she has seen that. Time for her to exit the stage.
Wonder what or who will be the next champion for them? Rosie?
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:41 pm
@Silverchild79,
No way, at least Cindy had a nice way to get out of too harsh criticism (thank God for pro-war military families who could stand up to her) but Rosie has no defense and she's not going to be so comfortable at a neo-communist rally with counter protesters as on a supportive stage of the View. Just look at what happened when the audience cheered no Elizabeth.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:57 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;18358 wrote:
The wacky broad said she just wants to go home and "be normal" for a while. She certainly needs that and so do we. Notice that she now blames the Democrats as well as the Republicans?
I think she was propped up and used by leftists and like an old horse, she was rode hard and put up wet. Now she is of little value to them and she has seen that. Time for her to exit the stage.
Wonder what or who will be the next champion for them? Rosie?

She's probably a little disenfranchised by the democrats caving in on Bushs war funding bill so they could get their illegal immigrant friendly bill through, and just theeir wishy washy stance on everything.

To all those that are giving her grief...what exactly have you done for your country? Pro government or anti, what have you tried to do that took the majority of your time to make a difference? Posting on an internet board?, at least she had the balls to try and do something.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
I prefer helping my country in other ways that don't have two sides, so I'm involved in community service.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:19 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;18376 wrote:
I prefer helping my country in other ways that don't have two sides, so I'm involved in community service.

Big brother? Drug Counselor? Or community service s as mandated by conditions of probation? lol.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:26 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18375 wrote:
She's probably a little disenfranchised by the democrats caving in on Bushs war funding bill so they could get their illegal immigrant friendly bill through, and just theeir wishy washy stance on everything.

To all those that are giving her grief...what exactly have you done for your country? Pro government or anti, what have you tried to do that took the majority of your time to make a difference? Posting on an internet board?, at least she had the balls to try and do something.
Quote:
To all those that are giving her grief...what exactly have you done for your country?
What has she done for her country? Does having a son that made a commitment entitle her to something special? Was her sons commitment any different then yours? Is Cindy above question? Not even close. It seems you think your service entitles you to something, are you and cindy higher class citizens or something? You are/were a citizen soldier, she will never be anything of the kind. Do you believe Casey Shehan died for nothing?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:30 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18378 wrote:
Big brother? Drug Counselor? Or community service s as mandated by conditions of probation? lol.
What have you done for your country? Was your service with just cause or a lost cause? If it's a lost cause, do your fellow vets know your opinion?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:50 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
...what exactly have you done for your country? Pro government or anti, what have you tried to do that took the majority of your time to make a difference? Posting on an internet board?, at least she had the balls to try and do something.

I served my country years ago by joining the Peace Corps, and since then I have served by being politically aware enough to support candidates for public office from the local level to the top. I serve by being unafraid to speak my mind on many subjects while being wise enough to keep my mouth shut when I don't know enough about a subject to make an intelligent comment. I participated in anti-war and anti-discrimination demonstrations in the 60's, as any American has a right to do, even Sheehan.
I now contribute in much the same way as educated Americans do by believing in my country and its leadership, backing the ideals of our great nation, and supporting our troops at war. I also do not post anonymously despite the screen name. My signature leads readers to some of my interests, including politics.
I also have contributed to the blog right here on Conflicting Views under my real name. I have noticed that few if any here even visit the blog section, much less contribute. I am sure Brian will let any view be expressed there, as long as the poster can put together a coherent train of thought and show a little decorum.
Cindy Sheehan spent a lot of time being led around by handlers to the gain of no one. She did not show a lot of balls, she just stirred up the manure pit of liberalism.
(WOW - that is uncharacteristic of me!)
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:53 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18387 wrote:
What has she done for her country? Does having a son that made a commitment entitle her to something special? Was her sons commitment any different then yours? Is Cindy above question? Not even close. It seems you think your service entitles you to something, are you and cindy higher class citizens or something? You are/were a citizen soldier, she will never be anything of the kind. Do you believe Casey Shehan died for nothing?

Entitled no, but she started out honest enough, before she was used up by the liberal media, and then spit out. I've already expressed my views on the war, no I do not agree with it. Soldiers that are over there dying are fighting because their country told them to, and dying for their duty to the country. Politics and politicians do not exist on the battlefield, they live in the back, and reap wars rewards. And yes, many vets share my views. Many soldiers that are still enlisted share my views. Just because we don't believe in why we were there, doesn't mean that while we were there we didn't do what we could to help. Of course your simpleton mind would like to simplify it into a talking point so you could try to prove some point, but you fail, of course, that's nothing new.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Cindy Sheehan spent a lot of time being led around by handlers to the gain of no one. She did not show a lot of balls, she just stirred up the manure pit of liberalism.
(WOW - that is uncharacteristic of me!)
Wouldn't have it any other way.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 11:16 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18391 wrote:
Entitled no, but she started out honest enough, before she was used up by the liberal media, and then spit out. I've already expressed my views on the war, no I do not agree with it. Soldiers that are over there dying are fighting because their country told them to, and dying for their duty to the country. Politics and politicians do not exist on the battlefield, they live in the back, and reap wars rewards. And yes, many vets share my views. Many soldiers that are still enlisted share my views. Just because we don't believe in why we were there, doesn't mean that while we were there we didn't do what we could to help. Of course your simpleton mind would like to simplify it into a talking point so you could try to prove some point, but you fail, of course, that's nothing new.
Quote:
Entitled no, but she started out honest enough,
Honest to who? Definatley not her son? Would you want your mother to think of your sacrafice as Cindy did her sons?
Quote:
I've already expressed my views on the war, no I do not agree with it.
You haven't expressed enough for me. Your very devisive about your answers?
Quote:
Soldiers that are over there dying are fighting because their country told them to, and dying for their duty to the country.
Just like thousands if not millions of soldiers before them. Were you not paid for your services, you sound resentfull?
Quote:
Politics and politicians do not exist on the battlefield, they live in the back, and reap wars rewards.
What was your reward for your participation? Were you paid for combat pay? Did you refuse it on principal?
Quote:
And yes, many vets share my views.
Would it be any where near a majority?
Quote:
Just because we don't believe in why we were there, doesn't mean that while we were there we didn't do what we could to help.
Why would you help? According to you we were there for oil, but for some reason you think you were not there for that reason?
Quote:
Many soldiers that are still enlisted share my views.

So why do they keep doing it? Wouldn't be for a profit would it?
Quote:
Of course your simpleton mind would like to simplify it into a talking point so you could try to prove some point, but you fail, of course, that's nothing new.
Funny your the only one singing that song. Also a simpleton has you incapable of answering a question for yourself. Much less articulate it for anyone else to ponder? Got link?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:00 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18395 wrote:
Also a simpleton has you incapable of answering a question for yourself. Much less articulate it for anyone else to ponder? Got link?

You haven't made me incapable of anything, I answer question that I want to, not because you think you should get a specific answer.
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:43 am
@Silverchild79,
Here is some documentaion of Sheehan's support and direction from Leftist groups-
Quote:
When Sheehan first began to actively oppose the war in Iraq, she linked up with the group Military Families Speak Out, said Nancy Lessin, a co-founder.

“There was an anti-war movement building in this country in the fall of 2002, but the media didn’t pay attention to it,” she said. “Cindy became active in that after her son’s death in 2004 and she began speaking out against the war and she joined a group of Gold Star families crisscrossing the country.”

A year later, in August 2005, she camped out in a ditch in Crawford, Texas, asking to meet with a vacationing President Bush so that she could ask him why her son had died. (She had previously met with the president but said she was unsatisfied with their talk.)

Her action became an immediate national story, drawing the attention of a bored White House press corps as well as elements of the anti-war movement. “The second day she was in the ditch, we were working with her,” said Dana Balicki, spokeswoman for Code Pink, a left-wing anti-war group.

MoveOn.org, a liberal group that is politically to the right of Code Pink, also got involved, encouraging its members to support Sheehan. True Majority, another more mainstream organization, helped with her expenses and paid Fenton Communications, a Washington public relations firm, to work with her.

But by the end of that summer, she was working mainly with Code Pink and other more radical groups while openly disparaging MoveOn, even dinging some of the group’s leaders by name for not opposing the war vigorously enough.

Quote:
“She was not promoted for her political acumen; she was promoted for her symbolic force.”

taken from an article in Politico.com
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:33 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18400 wrote:
You haven't made me incapable of anything, I answer question that I want to, not because you think you should get a specific answer.
Answer what you want? I think you answer only what you can, which ain't much.
0 Replies

Celerity

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:58 am
@Silverchild79,
"If I could go back in time, I would kill George Bush to prevent this war" - Cindy Sheehan

Good thinking, twat.
0 Replies