• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,189 • Replies: 40
No top replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 12:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
So he gets a little press - good for him. The only way to bring prices down is to refuse to buy gas from Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Shell and the one owned by that idiot in Venezuela that sells to 7-11's. This is not a new idea - it's been floating around for some time but it takes discipline to pass the station on the corner to buy from a local independent that is not part of the big oil system. Personally, I only buy from Costco. It's generally 2 or 3 cents lower that the big guys anyway.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 12:51 pm
@Silverchild79,
yup, I'm off "big oil", it's the only war to start a price war

too bad even if we did this 85% of Americans will jump right back to them if they come down a dime
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 12:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
So they come down a dime - I'd go for it.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 12:56 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's a start.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 02:31 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;17397 wrote:
So he gets a little press - good for him. The only way to bring prices down is to refuse to buy gas from Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Shell and the one owned by that idiot in Venezuela that sells to 7-11's. This is not a new idea - it's been floating around for some time but it takes discipline to pass the station on the corner to buy from a local independent that is not part of the big oil system. Personally, I only buy from Costco. It's generally 2 or 3 cents lower that the big guys anyway.

No it won't LOL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 02:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;17399 wrote:
yup, I'm off "big oil", it's the only war to start a price war

too bad even if we did this 85% of Americans will jump right back to them if they come down a dime

OFF big oil GOOD

Thinking that will change gas prices BAD
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 04:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
He wasn't sacrificing anything by terminating his gas sales. His point was that he was sacrificing by continuing to sell the gas. He saved resources by turning off his pumps and concentrating on his successful product, service.
0 Replies

lizwitch

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:50 pm
@Silverchild79,
It should be noted that almost every single person in the administration and most in congress and the senate on both sides of the fence are oil invested - and reciepients of big campaign donations from oil companies -

It should also be noted that in Iraq nearly 1 million barrells of oil are unaccounted for every day - they have known it for a few years now and oooops they still can't figure out what in the hell is happening to that oil! Imagine that.

It should also be noted that the oil industry has made an all time record profit not just for the oil industry but for any freakin industry in the entire history of the united states this year - yup - they are making all - time -record breaking profits and we are all paying all time record breaking prices in our electric bills as well as at the pumps - paying threw the hose, as they say .
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 09:59 am
@Silverchild79,
Very eloquent, lizwitch.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 05:14 pm
@lizwitch,
lizwitch;17542 wrote:
It should be noted that almost every single person in the administration and most in congress and the senate on both sides of the fence are oil invested - and reciepients of big campaign donations from oil companies -

It should also be noted that in Iraq nearly 1 million barrells of oil are unaccounted for every day - they have known it for a few years now and oooops they still can't figure out what in the hell is happening to that oil! Imagine that.

It should also be noted that the oil industry has made an all time record profit not just for the oil industry but for any freakin industry in the entire history of the united states this year - yup - they are making all - time -record breaking profits and we are all paying all time record breaking prices in our electric bills as well as at the pumps - paying threw the hose, as they say .

SIDE NOTE: If you have the economic sense to invest in OIL you should not be allowed in politics
lizwitch

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 05:53 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17675 wrote:
SIDE NOTE: If you have the economic sense to invest in OIL you should not be allowed in politics

If you call raising oil prices so high that they are making record breaking profits ever made in this or any other industry in the history of the united states common sense and not high way robbery - Then you should run for office - you would fit right in.

One more side note - Politicians should not be allowed to have any conflicts of interest regarding their financials - Let's not forget that at most they make 200 k a year - quite a small amount considering the kind of bucks they spend on their campaigns - don't ya think? Why do you think that is? Why do policy makers want to be policy makers? Because they can legislate for thier own best interests - and the proof is in the financial records and their own legislating records - why in the hell don't you get off your butt and investigate for yourself. It's your moral obligation as a citizen and your patriotic duty to ensure your politicians and leaders aren't ripping you off along with the rest of the world - they all make money at our expense. And until you can point out one bit of legislation in the past 6 years that proves otherwise - I suggest you drop the topic.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 06:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
You suggest I drop the topic? Because my views are differnt from yours. IF this is your best line to end an argument and hold up your hands in vitory MY suggestion would be DROP THIS FORUM.

Everyone wnats there own agenda heard and everyone wants themselves and their own to be prosperous. To fault someone for that is simply a matter of opinion, not FACT that you are saying I need to look up.

If you decide to keep on with this thread first look up the the definition of Economics.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
After taking a trip north this summer, I'm chill'n in the crib, big time. Already told the wife to expect my carcus home-bound, all through July and most of August. So, won't be burning up the highway much. Yipper.
0 Replies

lizwitch

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 10:40 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17703 wrote:
You suggest I drop the topic? Because my views are differnt from yours. IF this is your best line to end an argument and hold up your hands in vitory MY suggestion would be DROP THIS FORUM.

Everyone wnats there own agenda heard and everyone wants themselves and their own to be prosperous. To fault someone for that is simply a matter of opinion, not FACT that you are saying I need to look up.

If you decide to keep on with this thread first look up the the definition of Economics.

I'm sure your leaders will be happy to hear that you don't mind that they are ripping you off blind. I would bet the President might even give you the Freedom medal for that one- What a way to sacrifice your money for the rich to get richer - That is exactly what they want -

I assure you that you are in the smallest of minority -

Nothing like your public servant serving himself instead of the public - and just like robin hood only these robin hoods take from the poorer folks and give to themselves..i'm not sure what they call that on your planet but it is stealing and criminal on ours.

It's hard to come to a battle of the wits when your oppenent is totally unarmed - I feel like I am committing the crime here.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:31 am
@lizwitch,
lizwitch;17754 wrote:
I'm sure your leaders will be happy to hear that you don't mind that they are ripping you off blind. I would bet the President might even give you the Freedom medal for that one- What a way to sacrifice your money for the rich to get richer - That is exactly what they want -

Nothing like your public servant serving himself instead of the public - and just like robin hood only these robin hoods take from the poorer folks and give to themselves..i'm not sure what they call that on your planet but it is stealing and criminal on ours.

It's hard to come to a battle of the wits when your oppenent is totally unarmed - I feel like I am committing the crime here.

Liz,

***** *****!!!! ****. ***** ** *******, *******, you ********** ********!!!!!! And don't forget it. Also, you need to ****, ***** *****, and then *******. That's something else to remember.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:05 am
@lizwitch,
lizwitch;17754 wrote:

Using a line like that should be a crime. are you really going to degrade yourself so much by using cheesy lines like that?

We shall just assume that you can argue without personal attacks, and without plagerizing the MILLOIONS of people before you who have jsut as ignorantly used such a closing statement.

As far as your "Rich getting Richer, while the poor are getting poorer" that is so 1990's The Rich are getting richer... But guess what the POOR are getting richer too. LOOK UP THE FACTS. as you so adimantly pointed out before. The poverty level, has decreased, while the extreme poverty average per capita income has INCREASED.

Apparently you know zero about economics. You trying to argue them is LIke you are running a race in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

(See how stupid that was. Fit right along side your comment though didn't it) I am quite sure you have just been pwnt. I look forward to your attempt at saving any face.
lizwitch

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:15 pm
@rugonnacry,
Quote:
Using a line like that should be a crime. are you really going to degrade yourself so much by using cheesy lines like that?

Thanks for your concern but we obviously disagree on what degrading oneself looks like - I find you to be the spitting image.

Quote:
We shall just assume that you can argue without personal attacks, and without plagerizing the MILLOIONS of people before you who have jsut as ignorantly used such a closing statement.

Who is "we" that you keep referring to? I see you have heard that line many times before and it comes as no surprise.

Quote:
As far as your "Rich getting Richer, while the poor are getting poorer" that is so 1990's The Rich are getting richer... But guess what the POOR are getting richer too.

Yes while the gap between the two is increasing dramatically - that is the difference.

Quote:
LOOK UP THE FACTS. as you so adimantly pointed out before. The poverty level, has decreased, while the extreme poverty average per capita income has INCREASED.

I am talking the difference between the haves and the have nots. I am talking the difference between the working man's take home pay and the profits the company he works for makes. I am talking the CEOs and the blue collar workers. I never brought up poverty although you can easily prove that it has increased or it has decreased - it's a way the government documents it and equates it. It's a parsing of words, so to speak. Both are true.

Quote:
Apparently you know nothing about the poverty level
Apparently you know zero about economics.
Y

"The official poverty rate in the U.S. has increased for four consecutive years, from a 26-year low of 11.3% in 2000 to 12.7% in 2004. This means that 37.0 million people were below the official poverty thresholds in 2004. This is 5.4 million more than in 2000. The poverty rate for children under 18 years old increased from 16.2% to 17.8% over that period. The current poverty rate is measured according to the 2006 HHS Poverty Guidelines[9] which are illustrated in the table below."

From Wikipedia

Quote:
A little research will show you that. There is the relative ou trying to argue them is LIke you are running a race in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

Ummmm okay - if you say so....

Quote:
(See how stupid that was.

Why yes, I did! But thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
Fit right along side your comment though didn't it) I am quite sure you have just been pwnt. I look forward to your attempt at saving any face.

Maybe you need to say this outloud while looking in the mirror
"I Am We Tall Did - I AM Sofa King We tall did" If you say it enough you will understand - but make sure you are looking in the mirror. Now I feel like my comments fit with yours.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
LIZ!!!!!!! Do you hear yourself? You sound crazy. Are you okay? :wtf:
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:11 pm
@Silverchild79,
Lizwitch. You just owned yourself. Would you like to try again?