gas prices hit all time high

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 05:01 pm
@Silverchild79,
You know this person well? If so see if you cant get the original Patent number I would love to publicly post it so that all the techno geeks in the worl =d can make a small modification to it. and possibly release it to the world.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 05:31 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16384 wrote:
I think gas prices need to hit what they are in Germany, around $5 a gallon,, not over the course of a few years, but overnight, then maybe someone will get the picture.

That's because they put more taxes on oil and gas instead of other things in Germany. If we have the same gas prices here, we have to pay the same without whatever tax break they got in Germany.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 12:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
gas was way more than it is now in the weeks following katrina. its nearly a dollar off peak that i've seen it
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 02:02 pm
@Silverchild79,
RUGGONACRY - Here's another twist - my community is building 97 new homes, all solar powered with the latest in solar technology. All the houses will be on the local power grid but most days the meter will run backward. In an area where power bills run up to $500 a month, homeowners will save $6,000 annually - question is, how does this technology affect the oil and natural gas industry?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:13 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;17306 wrote:
RUGGONACRY - Here's another twist - my community is building 97 new homes, all solar powered with the latest in solar technology. All the houses will be on the local power grid but most days the meter will run backward. In an area where power bills run up to $500 a month, homeowners will save $6,000 annually - question is, how does this technology affect the oil and natural gas industry?

To start call me Ryan.

The price of gas wont go down, but the price of heating oil will.

A stock barrel of oil (crude oil unrefined) is 42 gallons. Out of that 42 gallon barrel, 28 gallons of mortor fuel is made (your unleaded gasoline your diesel) the 14 gallons goes to other uses.

On a side not Smaller oil companys Prefer the price of Crude to be MUCH less than what it is now. WHY? Because Oil is a GLOBAL market comodity, meaning. if Oil Goes up, our gas prices go up if gas prices go up hauling other supplies to differnt locations cost more because it costs more to fill their tanks up.

This means the steel we have to buy for the wells goes up to 3 dollars a foot, and so on.

The price of that gallon of milk is effected as well.. Truckers have to bring the milk to the store right.

BIG OIL doesnt feel the effect a penny differnce or a quarter dollar differnce in these items does not effect them when you are talking billions of dollars, it effects us because none of you in here makes billions of dollars. If you do you wont miss 1 million, send it to me.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 11:12 am
@Silverchild79,
Thanks, Ryan. What's a million or two between friends.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 10:35 am
@rugonnacry,
Absolutely
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 03:15 am
@Silverchild79,
I got in on this one late, Ryan, lets keep those millions local! Send a million my way, I am your neighbor.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
Curm... I wish I could help.. I am in small oil not big oil LOL. Allthough some of you may find this a bit funny of you HATE big oil. There is a field called the CHEVRON field (Yes Chevron the gas staion) It is aproximately 400 acres. completely in the dark of our movements, we bough 1 acre of land AND the mineral rights right in the middle of their field. They have so many zones of oil (pockets) and so many wells attacking these zones, all we had to do was punch a whole in the ground, and the well free flows (meaning bubbles up out of the well on its own. Chevron has ivested millions and we get to take our share LOL. OF course they put up a fight saying they owned the land, But our 1902 document is better than their 1913 documetn LOL
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
1902 to 1913? Nice!
0 Replies