gas prices hit all time high

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:16 am
FOXNews.com - AAA: Gas Prices Driven to Record High - Long Term Care | Assisted Living | Nursing Homes

interesting that WV can't produce the TDI (47mpg on diesel) anymore but yet I can go buy and 12mpg diesel truck I want. My father and I were having a conversation about the price of Gas and he blames Bush for letting it happen. This pretty much floored me as he's as much of a conservative Republican as you can find. But he is also an oil man, and in his tenure oil companies have seen their largest profits ever.

what do you guys think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,765 • Replies: 29
No top replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
$3.47 for regular in Los Angeles
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 05:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
I think gas prices need to hit what they are in Germany, around $5 a gallon,, not over the course of a few years, but overnight, then maybe someone will get the picture.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:30 pm
@Silverchild79,
Get the picture about germany... that they produce how much oil on their own lands?

When the united states stops producing then it will be acceptable to pay german style prices.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:03 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16423 wrote:
Get the picture about germany... that they produce how much oil on their own lands?

When the united states stops producing then it will be acceptable to pay german style prices.

Nothing to do with how Germany gets, or uses their oil, only that people here whine because it hit three dollars per gallon, when in reality it is very cheap compared to other places. Everyone cries about it on the way to the pump to dump another $160 in their SUV, I have no pity for them at all.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
It does matter any other mass oil producing country pays pennies.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
And just to avoid the most common response to whatg I just said.

The US is absolutely capable of meeting its own oil consumption needs. We just make more money selling it to china and then buying from arabs to sell to our own people.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:12 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16439 wrote:
And just to avoid the most common response to whatg I just said.

The US is absolutely capable of meeting its own oil consumption needs. We just make more money selling it to china and then buying from arabs to sell to our own people.

And you don't see a problem with that?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
I do see a problem with that.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:23 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16443 wrote:
I do see a problem with that.

Well, that was my point. We make such a huge deal about gas prices, yet everybody seems too pacified to actually do anything, and the government and multinational corporations continue to conduct business that hurts the American people, and protect their fossil fuel empire. My point of bringing up Germany is it is a good exageration of the difference in cost, and if we continue like we are we will no doubt be looking at similar prices, when the truth is, we could be a ton more self-sufficeint.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
Apples and Oranges. Germany cant sustain itself. Thus our prices should NOT get that high.
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
I did something about it. I used to commute 140 miles a day - had to fill my tank every other day for 2 years. Now I live 2 blocks from my office - bought a home in the community where I work and take a golf cart 2 minutes to work and home. Even at that, I combine as many trips as I can to save wherever possible.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:36 pm
@Silverchild79,
I am doing something about it to I am VP of an independent oil company that does not sell its production over seas.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:45 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16446 wrote:
Apples and Oranges. Germany cant sustain itself. Thus our prices should NOT get that high.

Maybe not for as long, but their way of life is MUCH more leaned to self-sufficiency than ours. We have three times the population, and import four times the oil, while our nation reserves are 15 times theirs yet their gas prices are barely double?!. Not to mention our enenrgy consumption per person is double.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
Reserves DOnt effect our prices.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:47 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16450 wrote:
I am doing something about it to I am VP of an independent oil company that does not sell its production over seas.

That's what I am talking about, good for you guys. America needs to buckle down, and take care of itself.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:50 pm
@Silverchild79,
IN houston area alone (we in the bus call it the HUMBLE Salt Dome) there are 4 companies just like ours, hopefully it follows suit on a bigger scale. As long as we stay small we will keep it up. IF we get big I fear we will lose the ideal behind what we are doing.

Lets say we can sell oil at 60 dollars a barrel to a company that exports it.. WE have to sell for 55 a barrell to keep it in the states.

I fear when the current owner retires (and I dont take over) the next guy will be 5 million net this year hmmmm I could make 7...
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
We can only hope that integrity is maintained.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:27 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16384 wrote:
I think gas prices need to hit what they are in Germany, around $5 a gallon,, not over the course of a few years, but overnight, then maybe someone will get the picture.

I'm hoping gas will hit four bucks by momorial day.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 03:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
Free energy is out there. Big oil will never let it happen. I know a person who created a free energy device using magnets and thermodynamics to create electricity, he is now a multi millionare because big oil bought the device.
0 Replies