did this ever happen to you?

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:32 am
farmerman- The possibility that hello was flirting with alcoholism was the reason that I answered him the way that I did. Many people slip into alcoholism without even realizing it.

There are people who can drink themselves blind, and not become alcoholic. Others can't. I am so happy that you were able to grapple with, and overcome, your alcoholism.
0 Replies

hello

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:03 am
that was an interesting link pheonix, thanks. but according to that im fine, and have never had reasonj to think otherwise. i never drink alone, and drink when it comes along, i dont base plans around getting a 'fix' of alcohol. i have a high tolerance, but i always have, its not higher or lower than any other time in the last 15 years. i can quite happily go weeks without a drink and feel no different. its a purely a social thing, and there are no problems. i just forgot something that most people wouldnt forget, even with a lot of booze.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:29 am
Hi Hello, welocme to A2K
I've had this happen to me, with or without an alcoholic beverage. We call 'em brain farts. Sometimes the brain works in mysterious ways and you have a blank moment.
It happens to some people more often than others - chalk this one up to oldtimers - it will begin to happen more often.
Alcohol is regarded differently in Europe. A sin in one country is normal somewhere else.
Ceili
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:27 pm
I had a very similar experience to yours, Hello, about a year back...but I think mine was worse. Laughing I thought the girl I was making out with (who I knew well, but wouldn't have done that with) was someone else, but I only realized that when I asked her a question about the other girl's best friend & she didn't know who I was talking about. It completely spooked me too, and I had the same feeling where for like a minute I couldn't figure out who she was (I forgot more than just her name though), but since she knew me full well & I didn't want to freak her out I had to figure out & deal with everything on my own time. I'd had some vodka just before, but I doubt that was a major factor.
I'd agree with Ceili that it's probably just a brainfart, and possibly was helped out a bit by the alcohol. I doubt it's a sign of any kinda long-term memory issues, though.

Confused 'Twas weird.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:53 pm
As far as I'm concerned as long as you don't discover that you're kissing another man at that point (no offence there Gautum, if you're reading this), then what's the worst thing that can happen?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:13 am
heheh...yeah, I survived just fine. Wink
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 04:54 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
As far as I'm concerned as long as you don't discover that you're kissing another man at that point (no offence there Gautum, if you're reading this), then what's the worst thing that can happen?

None taken - read my signature line Twisted Evil
0 Replies