• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,075 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Freeman15

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:47 pm
@briansol,
I will never understand how anybody could have possibly considered her qualified to be Secretary of State. Oh, right , she's black and has a vagina.

THIS is the sort of crap you get when you fill positions based on representing everybody.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 02:38 pm
@Freeman15,
Well some theologians believe it is impossible to reach political figures when they are in office and really discuss what the bible says and wrong from right.

maybe this pope is one of those

At any rate I am sure she was just trying to talk to him for show , she wouldn't have listened or acted upon anything the pope had to say , so whats the point?

he's a old guy and as I get older I find I am less willing to waste my time on people who will not listen to good reason. Maybe he's had enough of the likes of rice and this administration:dunno:
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 05:32 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38165 wrote:
Well some theologians believe it is impossible to reach political figures when they are in office and really discuss what the bible says and wrong from right.

maybe this pope is one of those

At any rate I am sure she was just trying to talk to him for show , she wouldn't have listened or acted upon anything the pope had to say , so whats the point?

he's a old guy and as I get older I find I am less willing to waste my time on people who will not listen to good reason. Maybe he's had enough of the likes of rice and this administration:dunno:

Puh-leeze. She lost credibility and her opportunity at greatness when she was Foreign Policy Advisor, and went before Congress to justify the failure to act before 9/11 and the rush to war with Iraq. As Secretary of State, she has been nothing short of an embarrassment, and regulated to the back burner by her own administration (chiefly, at the hand of Dick Cheney, who is the de facto president). She is impotent, and just much window dressing for the Bush White House.
I hold the current Pope in no high regard either....he is no John Paul II, and something of a fashionista, more concerned with wearing Prada shoes than supervising God's flock on Earth. Look at his dismal handling of the Catholic Church sex scandals.
wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:10 pm
@aaronssongs,
I did attend catholic schools for 11 years , but have never been catholic.

I was a fan of pope john paul as he proved he was a man of God.

But i can't say I know a thing about this pope.
Freeman15

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:18 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38185 wrote:
Puh-leeze. She lost credibility and her opportunity at greatness when she was Foreign Policy Advisor, and went before Congress to justify the failure to act before 9/11 and the rush to war with Iraq. As Secretary of State, she has been nothing short of an embarrassment, and regulated to the back burner by her own administration (chiefly, at the hand of Dick Cheney, who is the de facto president). She is impotent, and just much window dressing for the Bush White House.
I hold the current Pope in no high regard either....he is no John Paul II, and something of a fashionista, more concerned with wearing Prada shoes than supervising God's flock on Earth. Look at his dismal handling of the Catholic Church sex scandals.

She was the National Security Advisor. Read something.
mlurp

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:21 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38157 wrote:
I will never understand how anybody could have possibly considered her qualified to be Secretary of State. Oh, right , she's black and has a vagina.

THIS is the sort of crap you get when you fill positions based on representing everybody.

That physical description you refer to is also an insult to any real Muslim leader she meets with. As they consider females as lowly to be unheard of when the men decide it all.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:22 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38207 wrote:
She was the National Security Advisor. Read something.

Foreign? National? Whatever...she sucked at it. I can't stand her, probably the reason I got it confused. She's no Madeleine Albright, that's for sure.
mlurp

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:26 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38191 wrote:
I did attend catholic schools for 11 years , but have never been catholic.

I was a fan of pope john Paul as he proved he was a man of God.

But i can't say I know a thing about this pope.

I agree and can say a thing about this pope. I was re-Baptized Catholic in the Nam. But never went except when the holy days because everyone around me was Catholic and I wanted my share of the females. Hey just back from the war oops police action. Aw sin can be nice while young. But wisdom wisely comes with age. Thank You Jesus.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:28 pm
@mlurp,
good point and we know darn well we are insulting them when we send her to meet with them.

mlurp;38210 wrote:
That physical description you refer to is also an insult to any real Muslim leader she meets with. As they conside females as lowley to be unheard of when the men decide it all.
mlurp

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:35 pm
@wvpeach,
Bush has no idea. he is a pawn as the skull and bones is but a little thing compared with the trilateral commission, the Senate Foreign Relation Committee. And the Bilgebergers. Fools some and all that think they control the future of the world!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:41 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38211 wrote:
Foreign? National? Whatever...she sucked at it. I can't stand her, probably the reason I got it confused. She's no Madeleine Albright, that's for sure.

Albright did what that was noteworthy again? Oh, right, she refused to add security to our embassy in Nairobi just before it was blown up.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:46 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38222 wrote:
Albright did what that was noteworthy again? Oh, right, she refused to add security to our embassy in Nairobi just before it was blown up.

When Madeleine Albright was confirmed as the 64th Secretary of State of the United States, she became the first female Secretary of State and the highest-ranking woman in the history of the United States government. Not being a natural born citizen of the United States, she was not eligible as Presidential Successor and was excluded from nuclear contingency plans. As Secretary, Dr. Albright reinforced America’s alliances, advocated democracy and human rights, and promoted American trade and business, labor and environmental standards abroad.

During her tenure, Albright considerably influenced American policy in Bosnia and the Middle East. She incurred the wrath of a number of Serbs in the former Yugoslavia for her perceived personal anti-Serb position and her role in participating in the formulation of U.S. policy during the Kosovo War and Bosnian war as well as the rest of the Balkans. According to Colin Powell's memoirs, Albright once argued for the use of military force by asking, "What’s the point of having this superb military you’re always talking about, if we can’t use it?"

As Secretary of State she represented the United States at the Handover of Hong Kong on 1 July 1997. She boycotted the swearing-in ceremony of the China-appointed Legislative Council, which replaced the elected one, along with the British contingents.[11]

According to several accounts, the American ambassador to Kenya, Prudence Bushnell, repeatedly asked Washington for additional security at the embassy in Nairobi, including in an April 1998 letter directly to Albright. Bushnell was ignored.[12] In "Against All Enemies," Richard Clarke writes about an exchange with Albright several months after the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed in August 1998. "What do you think will happen if you lose another embassy?" Clarke asked. "The Republicans in Congress will go after you." "First of all, I didn't lose these two embassies," Albright shot back. "I inherited them in the shape they were."

In 1998, at the 50th anniversary NATO summit, Albright articulated what would become known as the "three Ds" of NATO, "which is no diminution of NATO, no discrimination and no duplication -- because I think that we don't need any of those three "Ds" to happen."[13]

In 2000, Secretary Albright became one of the highest level Western diplomats to ever meet Kim Jong-il, the communist leader of North Korea, during an official state visit to that country.[14]

In one of her last acts as Secretary of State, Albright on January 8, 2001, paid a farewell call on Kofi Annan and said that the United States would continue to press Iraq to destroy all its weapons of mass destruction as a condition of lifting economic sanctions, even after the end of the Clinton administration on January 20, 2001.[15

She did a helluva lot more than Rice and Powell, combined...that's what she did!~
You read something!
Freeman15

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:02 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38239 wrote:

Ok, she talked to people, so does Rice, but WHAT DID they ACCOMPLISH? I got to that Wiki article too, and she did a hell of a lot of talking, not much else.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:47 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38241 wrote:
Ok, she talked to people, so does Rice, but WHAT DID they ACCOMPLISH? I got to that Wiki article too, and she did a hell of a lot of talking, not much else.

My point remains, that Albright did a heck of a lot more in her tenure as Sec. of State, than did either Powell or Rice. Point.
The title of the thread, is "the pope snubs off Rice"....I'm saying it's not that big of a deal....I'd snub her, too....I know she's the darling of some Repubs (some can't stand her because she's a woman...others can't stand her because she's "black"....look, don't come after me, I'm only telling the truth...y'all just need to own up to your dark sides)...but, folks in the black community that I've talked to, can't stand her either...because by her adamant loyalty to George Bush, and her failure to be objective about the criticism surrounding the Bush White House, and her failure to admit culpability in the rush to war, has regulated her to " house negro" status..because in essence, she has "sold her people (and their interests) down the river", in lieu of her ambition and clout.
I can already hear the uproar behind my posting...that Aaron can't talk about anything positive...always race...always sex(ism)...well, who would have thunk I was amongst "prudes"? Which is hypocritical, when you think about it...as some members here have made overt "passes" and sexual overtures to other members...so , more of "do as I say, not as I do"...Right?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:40 am
@briansol,
Quote:
has regulated her to " house negro" status..because in essence, she has "sold her people (and their interests) down the river", in lieu of her ambition and clout.
Oh but your not racist are you. Oh wait, it's not racism when a black person says it, right LOL.
Quote:
I can already hear the uproar behind my posting...that Aaron can't talk about anything positive...always race...always sex(ism)...
Yup. Is this post any different, nope!
Quote:
well, who would have thunk I was amongst "prudes"?
You the biggest prune of all, LOL.
Quote:
Which is hypocritical, when you think about it...as some members here have made overt "passes" and sexual overtures to other members...
You've made a few too buddy. You hypocrite you.
Quote:
more of "do as I say, not as I do"...Right?
Using your own words. "always race...always sex(ism)..." Says it all.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 03:29 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;38270 wrote:
Oh but your not racist are you. Oh wait, it's not racism when a black person says it, right LOL.Yup. Is this post any different, nope!You the biggest prune of all, LOL.You've made a few too buddy. You hypocrite you.Using your own words. "always race...always sex(ism)..." Says it all.

Once again, a man of few words...if you could only put words together that expressed a "complete, coherent thought", we might be able to take something away from it....but as it stands, you just increasingly marginalize yourself as insignificant and incredulous. You have never expounded on one single topic, ever...you just post one liners, ad hominem, and quips...nothing of substance, ever....so your critiques and attacks pack no venom..you're really quite harmless. if not annoying.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 05:51 pm
@briansol,
Do i need to talk slower for the intellects in the house? Your the only one that seems to have a problem with comprehension.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 06:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;38367 wrote:
Do i need to talk slower for the intellects in the house? Your the only one that seems to have a problem with comprehension.

My capacity to understand is never impaired...provided someone is "actually saying something"....most of the time, as far as you're concerned, it's actually "nothing"....the stuff of nothingness....who knows what it means. Heck, you don't even know what it means...which brings up the question, Why are you even here? It's a Political & Religious Discussion and Debate Forum...totally out of your league on all fronts.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 06:06 pm
@briansol,
Quote:
My capacity to understand is never impaired.
Sure it is, it's impaired all the time. Every time you ask me to explain this reflects on your inability to comprehend, see how it works?
Quote:
provided someone is "actually saying something"....most of the time, as far as you're concerned, it's actually "nothing"....the stuff of nothingness....who knows what it means.
Of course, why would it make sence to someone who cannot understand what you would deem as symplistic thought on my part.
Quote:
Why are you even here?
Because my mom and dad had sex, you?