Lovers to friends. When is to soon?

Fred

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:16 pm
Ok I have was dating my ex for 10 months we have gone through the whole "Love, Hate" thing. Well the past few days we have not talked at all and we have been seperated for almost 2 months now, yet we still once in a while have some lil flings. I feel that my feelings for her have totaly change to just "Friendship" type. And we are supposed to be seeing each other tomorrow. Is it to soon for a friendship?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,367 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:18 pm
When the Winter Olympics are being held in Death Valley, Nevada. Fred, save yourself some grief and move on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:20 pm
Some exes never become friends. In some cases it takes years or decades. It's a wonderful thing if it happens. In my experience, it only happens if the couple was friends before they became a couple. And even then it's rare.

I definitely wouldn't expect to be friends with an ex.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:21 pm
Moving on seems without the ex in your life seems like your smartest option, Fred.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:24 pm
If, and only if, you were friends before (or possibly during) the time you were lovers.

Yeah, ehBeth just said this, but it's very true. I have an ex who was a friend while we were lovers. We ended being lovers because we (well, she) didn't want to stop being friends and that was the way things were heading...

So we managed to stay friends, and years later, well here we are, back together.

BUT!

If you realy want to be friends my previous advice goes even more... keep your pecker in your pocket!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:27 pm
Absolutely! No sex with the ex - if you want to develop or salvage a friendship.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:46 pm
well...i've always felt it best the way ehbeth said it: ex, no sex

friends: no sex.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:15 pm
I agree with the others.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:29 pm
If you're friends with your ex, you must be married!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:38 pm
Oh, fer cryin' out loud, Fred! You just went through a big pregnancy scare with this girl, she's manipulated you something awful, and she's terribly immature. I'm beginning to think you are, too, Fred. Grow up and move on.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:24 pm
Edit
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:27 pm
Fred,

How ya doing on that list of 5 activities you were going to commit to doing before the end of November? Haven't seen you respond with one at all.

Stop avoiding what you know you need to do.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 03:41 pm
ok everyone I screwed up again! FRIENDS YEA RIGHT! We wound sex again! But I think this time it made things better cause I think we are starting to talk about getting back together!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:34 pm
Did you atleast use protection this time Fred?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:10 pm
You're talking about getting back together? What kind of a masochist are ya, Fred?

Sorry, but the whole thing is a load of foolishness. 159 years from now will be too soon for you to get back together. There are sooooo many other people out in the world. You need not tie yourself to someone who you said was unable to commit to you and didn't seem to want to spend time with you unless it was on her own terms.

Things for Fred to do:
1) Meet other women
2) Forget ex's name, phone number, address, etc.
3) Do something other than think about the ex. Say, how about helping out the needy? Yeah, it's not as glamorous, but it's a kind thing to do.
4) Something else not involving thinking about the ex
5) Yet another thing involving not thinking about the ex

Sorry if I'm harsh, but all you've done on this board is talk about this woman - how she was unkind to you, how you were through, how she was messing with your head re pregnancy, etc. etc. etc. on and on ad nauseum ad infinitum.

Not one word about anything else in your life. No. You're her satellite. You revolve around her, it seems. You don't seem to have hobbies, pets, school, work, friends, neighbors, things to repair, a car, a trip someplace, a book, or anything else. It's all about her. This is obsession.

I love my husband. He is everything to me, and I hope I'm that way for him. But we have lives that aren't 100% revolving around one another. We have friends who - shock! - don't know each other. We have separate work. I go to school, he doesn't. We watch different TV shows sometimes. We read different books. Yes, I think about him a lot. But I don't obsess about him all day. And that's not just because we're together - things we like that before we wed. We have full personalities with and without each other. We are whole people. And, we are kind to one another. It's not a - hey, I love you so kick me if you want to - kind of thing. It's more of a - I love you and I'm good to you because I care about you, and you're good to me which is another reason why I love you - kind of thing.

I do hope I'm making sense to you, but I bet I'm not. You're addicted, and all my words will not stop you from pining for the object of your addiction. Not the object of your affection, the object of your addiction.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 09:01 pm
Fred... you sure you're not my step-son?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 01:21 am
Jespah
Right on girl ;-)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:46 am
It wasn't sex, Fred. That was you getting f*cked.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:51 am
Come on Fred, just knock her up, buy a trailor and ruin both your lives already. You know you wanna....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:13 am
Shocked

I think what Fred is suffering from is called obsessive complusive maniac disorder
0 Replies