If Jesus was God ...

Adam Bing

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:31 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;47129 wrote:
Well Adam, I think the only way you might be able to debate me is by your personal view, because when I put forth evidence that could be considered, you don't appear willing to debate the topic on that evidence. Personal attacks are poor substitute, and I hope that is not your definition of a logical study. To suggest we are not logical because we donot agree with you, is a mute point to me, especially when you refuse to debate evidence presented.

Okay. Here's what we do. Lets forget the Bible, Evolution everything to begin with.

STEP 1
Lets focus on jointly coming to agreement on a set of rules for objective investigation.

You and I then, jointly, together, objectively, with no bias, apply that rule to the bible and evolution and see where that goes.

STEP 2
We then, together, jointly, come to 10 points in the Bible and 10 points in the Theory of Evolution that then we, you & I, subject to the rigors of the above rules that you and I arrive at.

We'll let the others in these forums assist us arrive at the Step1 and Step2 requirements but the final versions of both with need your and my joint agreement.

If you are willing to do the above exercise, I am willing to cooperate.

Regards
Campbell34

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 12:19 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;47131 wrote:
Okay. Here's what we do. Lets forget the Bible, Evolution everything to begin with.

STEP 1
Lets focus on jointly coming to agreement on a set of rules for objective investigation.

You and I then, jointly, together, objectively, with no bias, apply that rule to the bible and evolution and see where that goes.

STEP 2
We then, together, jointly, come to 10 points in the Bible and 10 points in the Theory of Evolution that then we, you & I, subject to the rigors of the above rules that you and I arrive at.

We'll let the others in these forums assist us arrive at the Step1 and Step2 requirements but the final versions of both with need your and my joint agreement.

If you are willing to do the above exercise, I am willing to cooperate.

Regards

Well, if I was a CEO this would make perfect sense to me. However, I'm just a blue collar kind of guy. Yet I'm more than happy to debate anything that leads to the truth.
Adam Bing

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 12:26 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;47136 wrote:
Well, if I was a CEO this would make perfect sense to me. However, I'm just a blue collar kind of guy. Yet I'm more than happy to debate anything that leads to the truth.

Mr.Campbell, this could be fun. Nothing to do with you being blue collared. You obviously are well read even though we read different stuff. I do not agree with your thinking, doesn't mean I do not admire your attempt to learn.

So, why not? Lets arrive at a common set of investigative rules and then take it from there.

You propose the first draft unless you want me to.

If in the process we screw Darwin, more power to the two of us.

Regards
Adam
0 Replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 02:09 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;47030 wrote:
IN YOUR OPINION. you fail to grasp the concept. YOU believe the way in which you read the bible to be correct and not interpreted for your own gratification. Guess what? So does chico, he thinks exactly the same as you do. Don't be self rightous so as to believe you are only person who undestands the Bible in its entirety and can pass judgment on all hose whose opinions differ from your own.

Truely that way of thinking is for fundamentalist extremists who wish to force their holy ideas onto all who will not listen or want to listen.

There is but one way to read anything, in the entirety of its contextual structure, not by "cherry picking" one verse away from its intended subject matter of presentation. I do not interpret anything, I read, the scripture make conclusions themselves, if you all but allow them to. If I where to go the 13 chapter of "MOBY DICK", the great novel by "Herman Melville" and "pick" one line away from the chapter, would I then comprehend what Mr. Melville was writing about? Why should anyone read the scriptures any different? We should not, for the scriptures themselves tell that, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any "PRIVATE" interpretation." (2 Peter 1:20).

Interpretation is what causes ERROR, while comprehension produces "edification". The scriptures themselves explain their context. When one questions the meaning of an event and wishes a definition of explanation, simply find a Biblical example of that which is questioned, and all becomes clear of its intended meaning. There is NO CONTRADICTION of truth offered anywhere in the Scriptures, no one passage is in contradiction of another, if the word is rightly divided. RD
RED DEVIL cv

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 02:41 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;47136 wrote:

Ask any question that you wish, that you think proves the scriptures contained in the Bible are not true. And back up your retort, with "empirical" evidence of science actual and I will back up my answers from the scriptures. Proceed. One at a time, and we shall reason together. (Please excuse this post, as it was intended for the challenge offered by another. Sorry, RD)
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 03:02 pm
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;47153 wrote:
There is but one way to read anything, in the entirety of its contextual structure, not by "cherry picking" one verse away from its intended subject matter of presentation. I do not interpret anything, I read, the scripture make conclusions themselves, if you all but allow them to. If I where to go the 13 chapter of "MOBY DICK", the great novel by "Herman Melville" and "pick" one line away from the chapter, would I then comprehend what Mr. Melville was writing about? Why should anyone read the scriptures any different? We should not, for the scriptures themselves tell that, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any "PRIVATE" interpretation." (2 Peter 1:20).

Interpretation is what causes ERROR, while comprehension produces "edification". The scriptures themselves explain their context. When one questions the meaning of an event and wishes a definition of explanation, simply find a Biblical example of that which is questioned, and all becomes clear of its intended meaning. There is NO CONTRADICTION of truth offered anywhere in the Scriptures, no one passage is in contradiction of another, if the word is rightly divided. RD

So you are happy God spared a man who was prepared to offer his daughters up to be raped and then had drunken sex and impregnated the pair of them.

Cool, if your happy with that then who am i to judge what is written is inspired by God
adam24

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:22 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Ummm...sword, maybe you should go back and read the Bible a few more times. The Bible is pretty clear that Jesus is both God and man. Its not that complicated. God can do anything, so he made Jesus a seperate being AND stayed one and the same with him at the same time...is that so hard to grasp?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 05:30 pm
@adam24,
adam24;47425 wrote:
Ummm...sword, maybe you should go back and read the Bible a few more times. The Bible is pretty clear that Jesus is both God and man. Its not that complicated. God can do anything, so he made Jesus a seperate being AND stayed one and the same with him at the same time...is that so hard to grasp?

I just want you to answer one simple question out of many I have already posted in this current thread.

Have the prophecies stated in the bible been fulfilled or not ?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 11:33 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
The Fabrications continue!

[SIZE="3"]German scholars unveil "politically correct" Bible [/SIZE]

Nov. 9, 2006 (CNA/CWNews.com) -
Catholic World News : German scholars unveil "politically correct" Bible
0 Replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:02 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;47247 wrote:
So you are happy God spared a man who was prepared to offer his daughters up to be raped and then had drunken sex and impregnated the pair of them.

Cool, if your happy with that then who am i to judge what is written is inspired by God

You see you are "cherry picking" without even understanding what you are trying to subvert. All you know is that, perhaps this will solicit the "expected" response, as I might find it repulsive by today's standard. An engineered response produced by today's society? You as many others do are picking certain words that are written and arranging them to point to a totally different meaning than was intended....thanks for making my point. He said with a chuckle, as He finds it amusing that people that have never totally read nor comprehended the Book of Faith find it their duty to discredit this "book of lies" that they have never completely read nor understood. Seems there was another type of people such as this that existed at one time in the history of the world, I believe they were called NAZI's, as they attempted to control the masses structure of education and limit it to "propaganda". Nice try, but I shall pass at even trying to explain the fact that the Old Testament is only used as a "historical" reference of linage, and not for "Doctrine". And like all history, it is somewhat dotted with examples of both, human nobility and human failures, until we arrive at the current status of our time line.......yet with all the failures that are presented the "failure" ALWAYS rests with the man not with his DEITY, the God Almighty. RD
Numpty

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 05:05 am
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;48176 wrote:
You see you are "cherry picking" without even understanding what you are trying to subvert. All you know is that, perhaps this will solicit the "expected" response, as I might find it repulsive by today's standard. An engineered response produced by today's society? You as many others do are picking certain words that are written and arranging them to point to a totally different meaning than was intended....thanks for making my point. He said with a chuckle, as He finds it amusing that people that have never totally read nor comprehended the Book of Faith find it their duty to discredit this "book of lies" that they have never completely read nor understood. Seems there was another type of people such as this that existed at one time in the history of the world, I believe they were called NAZI's, as they attempted to control the masses structure of education and limit it to "propaganda". Nice try, but I shall pass at even trying to explain the fact that the Old Testament is only used as a "historical" reference of linage, and not for "Doctrine". And like all history, it is somewhat dotted with examples of both, human nobility and human failures, until we arrive at the current status of our time line.......yet with all the failures that are presented the "failure" ALWAYS rests with the man not with his DEITY, the God Almighty. RD

I am NAZI am I, do you really understand what you are saying? You know I can take insults with the best of them but I draw the line at small minded ignorant idiots who have absolutely no concept of what the Nazi's achieved in their short but violent time in charge. Bare in mind i spent 6 years living in Germany during the Cold War and visited Belson a concentration camp in the north of Germany, where Anne Frank died, the site of that place haunts me to this day, Mass graves with little to show but a raised mound with a Plaque on it stating the number of people buried in there,.....3800,.....2700,.....3000,.....1300, and the mounds went on, filled with the bodies of Jews as the Nazi's went about the 'Final Solution'. If your intention was to insult, then you have achieved your aim, I hope as a christian you are happy with the outcome.

We may differ on our views greatly, but please to be so naive to think that I am anything like the Nazi's. I had a fair ammount of respect for up till that point.

But please, I have read the story of Lot, And I have posted on it in detail with Mr Campbell (he was however somewhat more respectful). Bottom line is the infallable God spared a man and his daughters whom he Knew would offer them to rapped instead of Gods Angels and he would then ultimately get drunk and impregnate the pair of them. If this is what was described as 'virtuous' back then, then more power to you bro!! Who spared these people? Who allowed them to carry out these deeds? Who new this would happen but did not let them burn with the rest in Soddom? Aye, Ole' Mr Infallable himself.

Oh yeah and his wife was turned to a pillar of salt because she 'looked back' truely a most disturbing sin based on the actions that were to follow.

Regards.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 04:09 pm
@Numpty,
If Jesus was God ...

Then would it sound sensible to you if the word "God" is replaced with "Jesus" in this verse !? :

[SIZE="2"]"This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses." [Acts 2:32][/SIZE]
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 06:17 pm
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;48176 wrote:

No skewing of the words, no twisting the facts

WORD FOR WORD from your bible

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

You made a previous reply when shown something ridiculous that "those were different times"

If your God EVER condoned rape As he clearly does in this passage, in fact orders it, then your god is nothing by A commie Terrorist.

And if your response is God Didnt order it, I shall save us the time of waiting for posts and answer that too "All works canonized in the bible was inspired by God"
0 Replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 06:18 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;48284 wrote:
I am NAZI am I, do you really understand what you are saying? You know I can take insults with the best of them but I draw the line at small minded ignorant idiots who have absolutely no concept of what the Nazi's achieved in their short but violent time in charge. Bare in mind i spent 6 years living in Germany during the Cold War and visited Belson a concentration camp in the north of Germany, where Anne Frank died, the site of that place haunts me to this day, Mass graves with little to show but a raised mound with a Plaque on it stating the number of people buried in there,.....3800,.....2700,.....3000,.....1300, and the mounds went on, filled with the bodies of Jews as the Nazi's went about the 'Final Solution'. If your intention was to insult, then you have achieved your aim, I hope as a christian you are happy with the outcome.

We may differ on our views greatly, but please to be so naive to think that I am anything like the Nazi's. I had a fair ammount of respect for up till that point.

But please, I have read the story of Lot, And I have posted on it in detail with Mr Campbell (he was however somewhat more respectful). Bottom line is the infallable God spared a man and his daughters whom he Knew would offer them to rapped instead of Gods Angels and he would then ultimately get drunk and impregnate the pair of them. If this is what was described as 'virtuous' back then, then more power to you bro!! Who spared these people? Who allowed them to carry out these deeds? Who new this would happen but did not let them burn with the rest in Soddom? Aye, Ole' Mr Infallable himself.

Oh yeah and his wife was turned to a pillar of salt because she 'looked back' truely a most disturbing sin based on the actions that were to follow.

Regards.

First off, there was no PERSONAL insult given, nor intended. The reference was given because of the comparison of the format used in the retort being exclusive to any but one POINT OF VIEW, regardless of the truth involved in the message, and you have taken it as some sort of "left handed insult". I also have spent time overseas, not only in Germany but in Asia, as a veteran of the armed forces. I see no difference in the ideology of Mr. Hitler than I do with any totalitarian structure, be it theological or secular communist in nature.

There is no doubt that Sin and the evil that accompanies it exists in the world, both in its present state as well as any in historical reference. When atrocious examples, such as referenced by you, are given people wonder why God allows obvious evil to happen, or as you said, perhaps even reward it (Which it was not). Atheists will "always" use the very obvious existence of evil to argue against God. Just as YOU, "If God were so good and infallible....." Since God allows evil to exist, God therefore must not exist.

What if you reversed this logic? If evil is so prevalent, why is there righteousness in this world, or why did this Accused man go on to do so many good works afterwards? Obviously the existence of sin being committed by man does not preclude the infallibility of God nor his omni-presence, nor his justice. If any man that ever committed a Sin was to be considered unworthy then the Christ, which Sined Not, made his sacrifice in vein. He was the only man that walked without sin, and that has taken God in the flesh to accomplish such a feet.

Sin is the breaking of the Law (1 John 3:4). There can be no evil, if there is no breach of the law. The solution offered by the seculars to address evil, is to simply remove the law, and there will be no sin/evil. This has been touted as the solution to the "drug" problem, to infidelity, etc. It used to be against the law to have sex outside marriage, these laws were dropped and deemed unenforceable. Has this worked, has infidelity decreased or stopped, or has the legal practice thereof resulted in so many children being born out of wedlock and accepted by the "village" to take care of. So, evil does exist whether We deem it evil or not. Some of our laws even reward evil, such as that of abortion. When, a person is legally allowed to take the life of the unborn. The legal system justifies this as not being able to define life. Yet, it seems funny that it is deemed illegal to destroy the eggs of the Bald Eagle, because the LAW states that they are endangered and the eggs are indeed part of that LIFE. Enough of this tangent.

So, we must address what is Sin and is God responsible for man's sins?

James 1:12-18 explains that sin comes from people making the wrong choice. Sin comes from man not God. We all have natural desires that are necessary for us to live and continue the lineage. Satan uses these natural tendencies to put us in situations where the satisfaction of our desire (especially when drinking) would cause any of us to break a command of God. It is a trap, but it is a snare that we "willingly" walk into because we want what is offered, we are tempted by what is natural and abuse the use thereof at times.

The law given by God is unfortunately exploited by Satan sometimes. By defining sin, it lets us know about options we might not have considered before. Every parent, even God, faces this dilemma. We want to warn our children against the dangers present in this world, but we do not want our children to lose their innocence toward life. Paul address such in Romans 7. He, by nature would not be one to covet what belongs to another man. But when he learned about coveting through the law, he faced the temptation to covet from the simple fact that he was now aware of the possibility. After all, we are agents of "free will".

In Genesis 5:34 we read that Adam lived over 800 years and he had sons and daughters. It is therefore obvious that these siblings married each other to procreate. This answer might upset some because they immediately assume that it advocates incest. The reality is this was not forbidden until latter in the history of man because the further along man populated the more prevalent genetic diseases became, when the relationship was to close. Adam was able to marry Eve even though she shared DNA, there was not a concern of diseases as the lineage had not been diluted by years of generational mutations, or what some now call "evolution" which was inherent in man upon creation, this ability to adapt to his environment. If man did not inherently have this design built into his DNA he would never be able to overcome even the simplest of common virus, etc., that he is often exposed to. This ability to adapt when other sources of life are introduced into man's system is a must for survival, be it pathogenic or not. But even the species of man has never been proven to breach the barrier of biogenesis. Because certain specimens of Man have been found, evolutionists conclude that this is "stage of evolution", when it merely could be a group of humans that have breed themselves into a mutated status, due to isolation. All fossils remains of humans that have been found are deemed to be intelligent (the ability to draw and make tools), and many have been found with the remains of voice boxes still intact, proving the ability of speech. There is no answer absolute, there are any number of possibilities, besides those "shoehorned" hypothesis of marcoevolution.

One can "observe" this change in the acceptable mores' of man in concern to what was deemed "incest". By Abraham's day people assume that a brother and sister wouldnot marry, but Abraham was married to his half-sister and this was considered to be fine (Genesis 20:1-12). Jumping further ahead in time, by Moses day marriages to people closer than a cousin was forbidden (Leviticus 18:6-18). Whereas today, it is not recommended for cousins to marry at all.

Perhaps now we can address why God allows evil to exist in this world. Sin exists because people want it (Jer.5:30-31). God tolerates its existence because it creates a distinction between the righteous and the wicked (Rom.7:13). When we sin, and we see the affect of evil on our lives, then we learn, however reluctantly, that God is always right. We are forced to see that God's laws are actually the best path to protect us, because we can directly see the devastation caused by people who sin. The existence of such just shows how bad off mankind is when he is lawless (Ecclesiastes 3:15-18).

God did not cause this sin to happen as you mentioned, a drunk man that listened to his natural side as tempted by evil, instead of listening to his spiritual side. We all continue to this day to engage in this battle. SOME HAVE JUST DESERTED ENTIRELY AND CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE, and choose to let sin reign in their life and justify it because it in some cases is not AGAINST THE LAWS OF MAN.

We must always remember, "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people " (Prov. 14:34). RD
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 02:57 pm
@RED DEVIL cv,
RED DEVIL;48176 wrote:
You see you are "cherry picking" without even understanding what you are trying to subvert. All you know is that, perhaps this will solicit the "expected" response, as I might find it repulsive by today's standard. An engineered response produced by today's society? You as many others do are picking certain words that are written and arranging them to point to a totally different meaning than was intended....thanks for making my point. He said with a chuckle, as He finds it amusing that people that have never totally read nor comprehended the Book of Faith find it their duty to discredit this "book of lies" that they have never completely read nor understood. Seems there was another type of people such as this that existed at one time in the history of the world, I believe they were called NAZI's, as they attempted to control the masses structure of education and limit it to "propaganda".. RD

RED DEVIL;48176 wrote:
First off, there was no PERSONAL insult given, nor intended

Correct me if I am wrong but that would indicate to that it was personal.

RED DEVIL;48176 wrote:
When atrocious examples, such as referenced by you, are given people wonder why God allows obvious evil to happen, or as you said, perhaps even reward it (Which it was not). Atheists will "always" use the very obvious existence of evil to argue against God. Just as YOU, "If God were so good and infallible....." Since God allows evil to exist, God therefore must not exist.

No, I didn't say that at all I said:

Quote:
God spared a man and his daughters whom he Knew would offer them to rapped instead of Gods Angels and he would then ultimately get drunk and impregnate the pair of them.

God spared these people from Soddom because they were virtuous God fearing people. Your man in the sky would have known this were going to happen yet allowed these people to leave a city which was doomed because of it's vile and sinful ways. They then went on to carry out the above acts,...rape, offering up for rape and incest. Now are you saying these were perfectky acceptable back then? Fine, your God allows such disgusting acts to be carried out by people who he considered to be virtuous enough to be spared from the inferno.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:21 pm
@Numpty,
The following are passages from the Bible, the book that Christians/Jews calim to be a Divine book from God, but any honest person surely would never believe this claim:

<< Proverbs 7:7-217 And I saw among the naive, And discerned among the youths A young man lacking sense,
8 Passing through the street near her corner; And he takes the way to her house,
9 In the twilight, in the evening, In the middle of the night and in the darkness.
10 And behold, a woman comes to meet him, Dressed as a harlot and cunning of heart.
11 She is boisterous and rebellious, Her feet do not remain at home;
12 She is now in the streets, now in the squares, And lurks by every corner.
13 So she seizes him and kisses him And with a brazen face she says to him
14 "I was due to offer peace offerings; Today I have paid my vows.
15 "Therefore I have come out to meet you, To seek your presence earnestly, and I have found you.
16 "I have spread my couch with coverings, With colored linens of Egypt.
17 "I have sprinkled my bed With myrrh, aloes and cinnamon.
18 "Come, let us drink our fill of love until morning; Let us delight ourselves with caresses.
19 "For my husband is not at home, He has gone on a long journey;
20 He has taken a bag of money with him, At the full moon he will come home."
21 With her many persuasions she entices him; With her flattering lips she seduces him.

No sensible person could ever believe that the above passages were inspired by God, and as such must attribute this to further examples of fabrications found in the Bible.

"Then woe to those who write the Book (Jews and Christians) with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allah (God)," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby." [Quran 2: 79]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 02:31 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;49162 wrote:
The following are passages from the Bible, the book that Christians/Jews calim to be a Divine book from God, but any honest person surely would never believe this claim:

yes i think you're right, the bible is just a load of crap, but i think the same about the Qu'ran and every other religious book ever made...why is it that i should believe your book over any other religious book?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 06:04 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49199 wrote:
yes i think you're right, the bible is just a load of crap, but i think the same about the Qu'ran and every other religious book ever made...why is it that i should believe your book over any other religious book?

Have you read the Noble Quran yourself ?

If yes, then provide evidences to pack up your accusations from the Quran, (Not blindly copy from anti-Islam hate websites).

If you did not read it, then it's not logical to judge a book while you didn't read it!

The wise person will first read and investigate by himself before throwing easy accusations out of ignorance.

Have a nice day.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 06:53 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
Again and again for those who choose to deny the truth:

The Roman Catholic Church has instructed the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true, and that they should not expect 'total accuracy' in Scripture. What do you look for when you read the Bible? Do you swear by it?
The Bible: what is it good for? - Comment - Times Online
Numpty

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 08:41 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;49217 wrote:
Again and again for those who choose to deny the truth:

The Roman Catholic Church has instructed the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true, and that they should not expect 'total accuracy' in Scripture. What do you look for when you read the Bible? Do you swear by it?
The Bible: what is it good for? - Comment - Times Online

Question Mr Sword of God,...Recently in the UK a 31 year old woman who's father is an Iman recently converted to Christianity. She has had death threats from her family and her own father went around her house with a baying mob of 30+ people, they were only prevented from carrying out the murder of this lady because the police intervined.Her hather has publicly declared his daughter should be killed

She now has a direct link the the local police and has police protection assigned to her.

As the quoran states those who leave Islam are to be killed. Do you agree that inorder to adhere to mohammeds teachings you must kill people who leave Islam?

Should this women be killed?