If Jesus was God ...

chico

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 02:32 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Is not the basic message of the majority of religions the same? Well....

Big NO. The basic message of religion is not the same. They are different.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 02:56 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Oh and the differences are?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 02:56 am
@SWORD of GOD,
The names of prophets?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 02:58 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Names of books, Bible, Koran, Torah, Sida?

What are the BASIC messages of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and any other ism you can think of? please educate me.
chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:02 am
@SWORD of GOD,
I'm sure your list is long. Feel free to narrow it down to a few simple sentences. We are talking BASIC message.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:03 am
@SWORD of GOD,
And MAJORITY of religions.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:15 am
@SWORD of GOD,
There is no basic message of every religion. religion is very comprehensive. It will take a lifetime to study 1 religion perfectly....
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:19 am
@SWORD of GOD,
To do anything perfectly would take more time.....
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:24 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Do you enjoy talking to yourself ? Get your thoughts together and post them together , then let others reply with their take on your points .
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:27 am
@SWORD of GOD,
"There is no basic message of every religion. religion is very comprehensive. It will take a lifetime to study 1 religion perfectly...."

I disagree. The basic message of the majority of religions, I would argue, is the belief in something larger than themselves and respect for others.

Religion defined:

1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

When I speak of religion I choose definition 1b(2)
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:28 am
@chuckc cv,
Yes that is right. I am a Christian and my knowledge about the Bible is still small, my faith is urging me to continue and know more about God...
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:28 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Thanks Curmudgeon. I recently joined.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:31 am
@SWORD of GOD,
My knowlegde of the Bible is small as well. Best of luck on your continued path through faith.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:42 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Curmudgeon,

We enjoy giving ideas to other. I feel this is good start.

Chuckc,

As I said there is no basic message of the majority of religions, it is very comprehensive, you can not put those thick books into one or two sentences only. Religion is one aspect of belief. There are many so called religion but do not pratice 1b2.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:00 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Well, yes and no.

Yes, in that, bound writings of religions doctrine are comprehensive and can be debated over seemingly forever.

No, because when I say basic message, I truly mean that. Simple terms. I think that by defining religion in the simplest terms it can be agreed upon by the largest number of people. Therefore everyday people can use those simple terms as a starting point for tolerance of others and their belief system.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:18 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Please don't repost for every sentence . As I said , try to get your thoughts together before posting , this is not a chat line . It is improper to answer your own posts .
( I am not a moderator , but I think the mods will agree with me .)
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:29 am
@chuckc cv,
Religion is very complicated. We can discuss in our lifetime but we can not agree on all aspect. There is no universal religion as claimed by Catholic that they are universal.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:47 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Not sure what you mean. Certainly there is no one universal religion. Are you saying Catholics believe all religions are universal?
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:57 am
@SWORD of GOD,
No. Catholics believe that they are universal. They believe that what was written in the bible and all their doctrines are the belief of every Catholics, they all agree to every teachings of the church....
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 05:16 am
@chuckc cv,
There are two fundamentals that should be in all religions:

1. Worship the ONE God
2. Love your neighbor

Chico - your statement "all their doctrines are the belief of every Catholics, they all agree to every teachings of the church" is wrong.

The least educated "simple" people are very "devout" and believe everything. Most other Catholics know that there are issues in the man-written Bible