Children

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:22 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11538 wrote:
If anyone needs their language skills testing that would be you, Tonto.

You still haven't clarified the bumbling broken English you insist on using. Are you Mexican?

New Mexican, know the difference? Are you english?
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:28 pm
@Professor Chaos,
I know the difference, but you might be an immigrant. You don't command the mother tongue very well.

No, I am not English. But I do have a GCSE in it! Very Happy
rhopper3

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:03 pm
@Professor Chaos,
We are now the knights that say ......icky icky patang wooooobong.............................My favorite quote from Monte Python....doesn;t mean anything its just my favorite quote from Monte Python
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:10 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
You just said yourself, there is religious doctrine and dogma. A set of rules spoken by "God" himself. How can Christians expect to deny or defy this and stil be on "God's" right hand side on Judgement day?

What I meant was do you have anything else to offer? anything of any value?There is only one thing everyone can be sure God wants, and it is faith.

Quote:
But a lot of people base their faith around an afterlife, and destiny. For the Christian faith there is a definite eventuality, judgement day.

That is another point were I disagree with many mainstream religions. I don't believe in a "reward" in the after-life, to me it is just another part of life, no more nor less important than this life.
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:13 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11545 wrote:
What I meant was do you have anything else to offer? anything of any value?There is only one thing everyone can be sure God wants, and it is faith.
How do you know this? You agree with this one aspect of religion but defy the rest?

markx15 wrote:

That is another point were I disagree with many mainstream religions. I don't believe in a "reward" in the after-life, to me it is just another part of life, no more nor less important than this life.

What do you base your faith on then?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:17 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Name one religion that does not require faith, even Atheism.

Quote:
You agree with this one aspect of religion but defy the rest?

CAn you find anything else in which everyone agrees on?

Quote:
What do you base your faith on then?

My own observations.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:45 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Atheism relies on what is tangible, not faith.

If "God" the omnipresent superbeing existed morality would be objective, your free will would be to follow morality or not. No one agrees because it is all subjectivity and man made. "God" if he existed would be above all this, if he actually gave a ****. Either way he's not doing anything.

So what exactly do you have faith in? Yourself?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 05:42 pm
@Professor Chaos,
You just said basically what I believe in, that God is above all this petty bickering and these ridiculous prejudices. I have faith in God, but I use my own judgement, since I have noone elses. What is it that you have faith in?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:03 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11540 wrote:
I know the difference, but you might be an immigrant. You don't command the mother tongue very well.

No, I am not English. But I do have a GCSE in it! Very Happy
There are not many in this country that are not immigrants. I command as well as i desire too. Not english, whats your national origin then? Do you still originate there?
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 02:23 pm
@Professor Chaos,
What does it matter?

And you use 4th grade English by choice? Very Happy
Morningstarr

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 02:25 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11553 wrote:
You just said basically what I believe in, that God is above all this petty bickering and these ridiculous prejudices. I have faith in God, but I use my own judgement, since I have noone elses. What is it that you have faith in?
I thought you had "God"?

I have faith in my senses.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:40 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11575 wrote:
What does it matter?

And you use 4th grade English by choice? Very Happy
You asked if i was Mexican, now i'm asking you. Scared to answer?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:46 pm
@Professor Chaos,

I am repeating this on purpose.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:16 pm
@Drnaline,
I'm sure mornin is of the opinion that atheism does not require faith/belief. They believe it to be fact yet can not offer any proof, usually attack some one who does not require proof, like Christians for example is how they prove it to themselves. IMO
Morningstarr

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:35 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11581 wrote:
I'm sure mornin is of the opinion that atheism does not require faith/belief. They believe it to be fact yet can not offer any proof, usually attack some one who does not require proof, like Christians for example is how they prove it to themselves. IMO

As usual your post is written so badly it is difficult to know just what crap you are babbling about now.

I have given proof of "God's" non-existence, so rebut it if you think you can. I am confident you will fail.
Morningstarr

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:36 am
@markx15,
markx15;11580 wrote:

I am repeating this on purpose.
What is that purpose?
markx15

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:35 am
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
I thought you had "God"?
>
Quote:
I have faith in God

I believe in God, but that doesn't mean that I know what he wants, so I ask forgiveness for transgressions which I make without knowing, and repentance for those which I made with full knowledge. I have only my own judgement to use in discovering what God wants, so that is what I use. On another note, God exists because people believe in him, but he also exists seperatly, it is a circular paradox, no begining.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:44 am
@Professor Chaos,
I disagree, thought exists, the "idea" of "God" exists. "God" does not exist.

You seem to have a very healthy attitude towards spirituality mark.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:01 am
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
I disagree

As you have a right to do, it's a choice. The idea of God makes him real, because we incorporate that idea into our lives. He is inbetween existing and not, that to me is God, not one definition or its oposite, but the thread that holds them together.
Thank you for your questions, they made me reavaluate issues I thought I already knew. You nicely played the part of Socrates. As to my thoughts on spirituality, I know many who would disagree with you, but that is just their opinion, and I apreciate yours.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 08:25 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11594 wrote:
As usual your post is written so badly it is difficult to know just what crap you are babbling about now.

I have given proof of "God's" non-existence, so rebut it if you think you can. I am confident you will fail.
Are you of the opinion that i'm asking yours? I can say the same, I've given proof of Gods existence so rebut if you can! If it's anything like the proof you think you've given then you already failed.