Children

Drnaline

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:30 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11693 wrote:
Yes, that's right. Why should I offer you any courtesy? You are a troll!

If you want to know the answers to life, the universe, and everything, then start a seperate thread instead of trolling this one with your bullshit. Very Happy
You don't define what a troll is in this forum, your not on your site where you could be inclined to censor me as a troll. Common courtesy applys to all, but as it seems, not to you. The chip is on your shoulder not mine. If you can ask me to start a separate thread then i can ask you to stay on topic, which is what i decide not you. The topic is Children and Jesus's preferred method, why don't i repost it for you instead.
Quote:
Children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to follow the teachings of Jesus, so I was wondering what you all found to be the most efficent way of killing your children when they misbehave. Per Jesus' instructions, they shall "die the death" (big fan of redundancy, that guy.)

So do you guys prefer stoning, or have you advanced to more technological means of murdering your children?

Think you can stay within those confines? If not how can you expect me to? Don't like it, tuff! I didn't ask.
Morningstarr

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:57 am
@Professor Chaos,
Jesus teaches that Christians should kill their children when they misbehave?

Don't Christians follow Jesus' teaching then? By definition they are not Christians then, who are they to decide what is morally acceptable and what isn't? They criticise other religions for not following Christ's teachings, then don't follow it themselves. What utter hypocrites.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:23 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11698 wrote:
Jesus teaches that Christians should kill their children when they misbehave?

Don't Christians follow Jesus' teaching then? By definition they are not Christians then, who are they to decide what is morally acceptable and what isn't? They criticise other religions for not following Christ's teachings, then don't follow it themselves. What utter hypocrites.
I don't know, what is your interpretation? It is by your definition that they are not Christians, not there's. If they cannot decide, who are you to decide for them?
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 06:49 am
@Professor Chaos,
It's not my definition. It is the universal definition of a christian as it is gleaned from the Bible.

Surely Jesus has decided for them? To be Christian requires following Christ, that's what the word means. But you don't even seem able to, what a farce! Very Happy
Morningstarr

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:20 am
@Professor Chaos,
You ought to read the Bible more often Drnaline. Jesus taught that "God's" command was that anyone who curses their parents must be put to death.

So despite modern laws, if you don't kill your kids for swearing you are disobeying "God".
Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:32 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11744 wrote:
It's not my definition. It is the universal definition of a christian as it is gleaned from the Bible.

Surely Jesus has decided for them? To be Christian requires following Christ, that's what the word means. But you don't even seem able to, what a farce! Very Happy

It is too your definition, your the only one spueing it.
Surely Jesus has decided for them? How do you know?
Quote:
To be Christian requires following Christ, that's what the word means.

Prove it?
Quote:
But you don't even seem able to, what a farce!

Coming from a very religous atheist i'll take that as a compliment.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:39 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11746 wrote:
You ought to read the Bible more often Drnaline. Jesus taught that "God's" command was that anyone who curses their parents must be put to death.

So despite modern laws, if you don't kill your kids for swearing you are disobeying "God".
You aut to read it more too. I will if you do? Where did Jesus teach that? Untill i hear it from God i'll let that one slide.
BTW, congrats on the on topic post.
Morningstarr

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:10 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11747 wrote:
It is too your definition, your the only one spueing it.
Surely Jesus has decided for them? How do you know?

Prove it?

Coming from a very religous atheist i'll take that as a compliment.

Just kook in a dictionary you moron, it's not my definition. If you don't trust the dictionary read the Bible.
Morningstarr

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:13 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11748 wrote:
You aut to read it more too. I will if you do? Where did Jesus teach that? Untill i hear it from God i'll let that one slide.
BTW, congrats on the on topic post.

Christians follow the teachings of Christ, but you don't. You are basically a very bad example of your religion, if you have no knowledge of the Christian religion then you are hardly qualified to contribute to this discussion. Timewaster.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:56 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11749 wrote:
Just kook in a dictionary you moron, it's not my definition. If you don't trust the dictionary read the Bible.
Don't you mean "look"? Nice command of the language you have there.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11750 wrote:
Christians follow the teachings of Christ, but you don't. You are basically a very bad example of your religion, if you have no knowledge of the Christian religion then you are hardly qualified to contribute to this discussion. Timewaster.
Why would an Atheist care what kind of Christian i am? I think it is you who is waiting time but heah, i got all day.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:52 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Waiting time? It seems stupid to correct me on the single typo I have made on this forum then follow it straight up with a spelling mistake.

I don't care what you are, per se. It's all in the interest of debate. I'm trying to discuss Christianity, but you have very little knowledge of the scriptures and don't even know the English definition of the word Christian. I know what kind of Christian you are Drnaline, a faux one.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 10:30 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11756 wrote:
Waiting time? It seems stupid to correct me on the single typo I have made on this forum then follow it straight up with a spelling mistake.

I don't care what you are, per se. It's all in the interest of debate. I'm trying to discuss Christianity, but you have very little knowledge of the scriptures and don't even know the English definition of the word Christian. I know what kind of Christian you are Drnaline, a faux one.
Just pointing out a little hipocracy, the mighty Morningstarr made a mistake. Who would of figured you weren't perfect.
I beg to differ, i think you care very much what kind of Christian i am. Most of your arguement it nitpicking at me and what you think i should believe. That shows me you care? If you could keep a debate supposedly separate from your atheistic beliefs, your arguement would IMO be over. But you can't so here we are. It amazes me how much conviction an atheist can have over someone else's faith? Specially when he claims to have no faith himself?
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 10:38 am
@Professor Chaos,
It has nothing to do with my atheist "beliefs". You were the one who keeps bringing faith into it.

My argument is about Christianity, as you claimed to be one I assumed you could offer a reasoned argument as to why there is so much hypocrisy in the Christian movement. All you did was question my atheism, in a piss poor attempt to divert away from your own ignorance of the topic. If you don't know the scriptures, don't follow Jesus' teachings how can you possibly comment? Well you can't, so far your only relevant comment was that Christians preferred abortion for killing their kids. Although that is rather tenuous at best, you completely misunderstood the thread. :beat:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 11:20 am
@Drnaline,
Quote:
It has nothing to do with my atheist "beliefs".

LOL, that's a good one. I was born at night, but not last night!
Quote:
My argument is about Christianity, as you claimed to be one I assumed you could offer a reasoned argument as to why there is so much hypocrisy in the Christian movement. All you did was question my atheism, in a piss poor attempt to divert away from your own ignorance of the topic. If you don't know the scriptures, don't follow Jesus' teachings how can you possibly comment?

This is how it works, it's easy. Just start hitting keys in a specific order and the comment just comes out. When you respond to me, no matter what you are saying i get to respond. I'm sorry if it's not the responce you would like but as i've said before, you don't control that.
Quote:
Well you can't, so far your only relevant comment was that Christians preferred abortion for killing their kids.

For not being able to i sure do have alot of posts. That relevent comment was posed to you as well, you didn't answer it directly, as i didn't think you would, pretty much par for the course. I you like you can ask Brent if you can become a mod so you can police this forum for what you deem relevent?
Quote:
Although that is rather tenuous at best, you completely misunderstood the thread.

Misunderstanding is your opinion, i just can't remember asking.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 11:38 am
@Professor Chaos,
It's very easy, I can give my opinion when I want, and you can't control that.

How does the criticism of Christianity have anything to do with being atheist? I think you'll find other groups which have a much greater criticism.

You can respond how you like Drnaline, but the concept of debate is to respond relevantly. You are just talking shite, I could listen to some berk talk shite anywhere this is supposed to be a place for debate but you can't manage that.

You have a lot of irelevant posts, it's quality not quantity that's important. I did answer it, the same way I will now. Abortion seems like a ludicrous way to punish children for misbehaving you obviously misunderstood the question. You then tried steering the topic away from Christianity and on to Islam, all you have done is try to squirm out of the actual opening topic of debate.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 10:09 pm
@Professor Chaos,
This is a discussion debate forum, not the other way around. If you'd like to monitarily contribute to the site your opinion might hold a little more weight?
P. S. i think there are two r's in "irelevant" Mr commander of english.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 06:26 am
@Professor Chaos,
"Yeah, Christians are very good about determining which parts of God's law they should follow and which parts they shouldn't. God would be none to pleased."

Yeah.....PEOPLE, in general, are very good about determining which part of ANY belief system they embrace, they should follow, and which part they shouldn't. The Purist would be none too pleased. People aren't perfect. They can't obey completely ANY belief system with lofty ideals.

What about you, Professor? How many red lights have you run? How many times have you failed to vote? How many times have you goofed off on the job? How many times have you broken the law, even in minor ways? How often have you failed to live up to your own standards of conduct and reason? Is there PERFECT synchronization between what you profess to believe and what you do? I doubt it. You're human.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:35 am
@Professor Chaos,
After Professor Chaos posted this thread, i haven't yet to see him around.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 10:50 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11858 wrote:
This is a discussion debate forum, not the other way around. If you'd like to monitarily contribute to the site your opinion might hold a little more weight?
P. S. i think there are two r's in "irelevant" Mr commander of english.

What the **** does "monitarily" mean?

If you mean monetarily are you saying you value peoples opinions more if they pay you? Very Happy Very Happy