Children

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 10:55 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11484 wrote:
That's one way of looking at it. Or it could be you just talk gibberish, as has been shown, and don't answer anything rationally.
In that case you are not a Christian, you're a Drnalinian. You present yourself as the figurehead of your own personal faith.

You can call a piece of **** a diamond, but it will still be a piece of ****.
Quote:
That's one way of looking at it. Or it could be you just talk gibberish, as has been shown, and don't answer anything rationally.
That's your opinion.
Quote:
In that case you are not a Christian, you're a Drnalinian. You present yourself as the figurehead of your own personal faith.

Amazing that happens when you believe in something.
Quote:
You can call a piece of **** a diamond, but it will still be a piece of ****.

I've seen plenty of diamonds that were pieces of **** as well. Feeling guilty huh?
markx15

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 10:56 am
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
The point of religion is to show people the right path, but it doesn't appear to be doing this, Christians disagree with Muslims, Jews, atheists, even other Christians.

They all are a question of faith, in what is a diferent matter.

Quote:
So we're back to subjective opinion on how you get into heaven. Surely only one "person" knows what it takes to get into heaven. Why is it a secret?

I don't believe, neither do I agree with the concept of heaven, but it isn't a secret if you practice most any religion it is a simple matter of following dogma.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 11:00 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11485 wrote:
The Bible says that "God" gave Moses the stone tablets already carved. I don't believe it, but that is "God's" version of events so if you belive in "God" that is the way it happened. You claim to believe in "God" but you overrule him. Free will isn't special, everyone has it. You certainly aren't a good Christian, you deny "God's" word and defy it.
A rebuttal is standard procedure for an argument, all you are is a contradiction. Basically you have nothing to say and are simply trolling. Other people want to actually use this forum, not spam it with useless crap.
Really where does the bible say that? Can you quote it for me?
Quote:
A rebuttal is standard procedure for an argument, all you are is a contradiction. Basically you have nothing to say and are simply trolling. Other people want to actually use this forum, not spam it with useless crap

A rebuttal is what ever i post, you have no control and it angers you. I have plenty to say, that is why i keep coming back. Other people can and do use this forum even with all our posts, its amazing huh? The useless crap is coming from both sides, why do you exclude yourself?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 11:02 am
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11486 wrote:
No, but I prefer the blind to be genuine.
A little subjective don't you think.
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 11:58 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11515 wrote:
That's your opinion.
Quote:
Question: "What makes your morality better than anyone elses?".
Your answer: "your wrong".
You haven't even spelt correctly, perfectly good example of your gibberish, and there are many more.
Toto wrote:

Amazing that happens when you believe in something.
But believing in just anything doen't make you a Christian.
Tonto wrote:

I've seen plenty of diamonds that were pieces of **** as well. Feeling guilty huh?
Guilty for what? Diamonds are diamonds, not pieces of ****. Another classic example of your gibberish.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:04 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11516 wrote:
They all are a question of faith, in what is a diferent matter.
If the disagreement comes over mortal interpretation then the faith in question is the one in another man's word.

markx15 wrote:

I don't believe, neither do I agree with the concept of heaven, but it isn't a secret if you practice most any religion it is a simple matter of following dogma.
Exactly, so if Christians re-write their dogma to suit their own purposes they will fail to get into heaven in the event that it does actually exist. Simply having faith isn't enough, free will is a test and if you use your free will to defy "God" you will suffer in torment. What I want to know is what gives these mortals rights to speak on behalf of "God". If you no longer follow the Bible literally you are defying "God", ignoring dogma and simply not following your prescribed religion properly. Like Drnaline for example. Merely having faith (in what I don't actually know) surely isn't enough? Otherwise all people of faith are right, in which case Christians cannot criticise Muslims and vice versa.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:25 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
Exactly, so if Christians re-write their dogma to suit their own purposes they will fail to get into heaven in the event that it does actually exist.

Faith is an absolute term, there is no eventuality. Either you believe or you don't, and belief is not just something you can plan for the occasion.

Quote:
Simply having faith isn't enough

Do you have anything else?
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:49 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11517 wrote:
Really where does the bible say that? Can you quote it for me?
Passage Deuteronomy 10 :
Quote:
1 At that time the LORD said to me, "Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones and come up to me on the mountain. Also make a wooden chest. [a] 2 I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. Then you are to put them in the chest."

Just what is the world comming to when an atheist has to give a "Christian" Bible study?

Of course you may interpret this to mean whatever you want, afterall the Bible is nothing more than a guide book is it not? A guide book which includes the direct commandments from "God" which you choose not to take literally.
Tonto wrote:

A rebuttal is what ever i post, you have no control and it angers you. I have plenty to say, that is why i keep coming back. Other people can and do use this forum even with all our posts, its amazing huh? The useless crap is coming from both sides, why do you exclude yourself?
Your rebuttals are useless without evidence to back them up, my posts have remained on topic and to the point. You have been talking gibberish as has already been shown.
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:50 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11518 wrote:
A little subjective don't you think.

My opinion is subjective, what of it?
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:55 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11523 wrote:
Faith is an absolute term, there is no eventuality. Either you believe or you don't, and belief is not just something you can plan for the occasion.
But a lot of people base their faith around an afterlife, and destiny. For the Christian faith there is a definite eventuality, judgement day.

markx15 wrote:

Do you have anything else?
You just said yourself, there is religious doctrine and dogma. A set of rules spoken by "God" himself. How can Christians expect to deny or defy this and stil be on "God's" right hand side on Judgement day?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:24 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11525 wrote:
Passage Deuteronomy 10 :

Just what is the world comming to when an atheist has to give a "Christian" Bible study?

Of course you may interpret this to mean whatever you want, afterall the Bible is nothing more than a guide book is it not? A guide book which includes the direct commandments from "God" which you choose not to take literally.
Your rebuttals are useless without evidence to back them up, my posts have remained on topic and to the point. You have been talking gibberish as has already been shown.
Quote:
I'm not a Christian by your definition.
Quote:
Of course you may interpret this to mean whatever you want, afterall the Bible is nothing more than a guide book is it not?

Any book writen by man at best can only be used as a guide.
Quote:
Your rebuttals are useless without evidence to back them up, my posts have remained on topic and to the point.

First they are not rebuttals now they are, make up your mind. If i recall, the topic in nowhere near what you think it is. Children, and Jesus's preferred method of killing, I don't think you ever answered that one. What it the atheist preferred method?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:26 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11526 wrote:
My opinion is subjective, what of it?

Just making sure your human.
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:33 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11528 wrote:
I'm not a Christian by your definition.
Christian: A person who is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings

It's a pretty standard, universal definition. Not just mine.
Tonto wrote:

Any book writen by man at best can only be used as a guide.
Even when it's dictated to him by "God"? Is your local minister aware of your lack of faith?
Tonto wrote:

First they are not rebuttals now they are, make up your mind. If i recall, the topic in nowhere near what you think it is. Children, and Jesus's preferred method of killing, I don't think you ever answered that one. What it the atheist preferred method?
The topic was never anywhere near Jesus' preferred method of killing children. It was the preferred method of Christians and you stated that as a "Christian" you personally favoured abortion. Good for you.
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:35 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11529 wrote:
Just making sure your human.

Is that all the proof you need? So those who follow objective faith are inhuman?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:45 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11530 wrote:
Christian: A person who is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings

It's a pretty standard, universal definition. Not just mine.
Even when it's dictated to him by "God"? Is your local minister aware of your lack of faith?
The topic was never anywhere near Jesus' preferred method of killing children. It was the preferred method of Christians and you stated that as a "Christian" you personally favoured abortion. Good for you.
So you fancy me Christian or Atheist? What ever you decide i'm sure the rest will go along with.
Quote:

God is infalible man is not. I've got the number to my parish, you wanna call him?
Quote:
The topic was never anywhere near Jesus' preferred method of killing children. It was the preferred method of Christians and you stated that as a "Christian" you personally favoured abortion. Good for you

Where in the first post is "Christians" mentioned? I never stated my preferred method was abortion, i suppose you read into that one too. So again, what is the Atheist preferred method for killing children?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:47 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11531 wrote:
Is that all the proof you need? So those who follow objective faith are inhuman?
No but ill settle for it. What makes objective different?
Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:54 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11532 wrote:
So you fancy me Christian or Atheist? What ever you decide i'm sure the rest will go along with.
You claim to be Christian, but at one point you agreed with me that "God" doesn't exist. You then backtracked by admitting you were just talking gibberish.
Tonto wrote:

God is infalible man is not. I've got the number to my parish, you wanna call him?
What? To grass you up?
"God" doesn't exist though. Anyway, does this mean that "God" speaks directly to you? Or are you as I suggested stumbling around in the dark? Also why do you have your parish number? You surely don't attend church, you don't believe the scriptures?
Tonto wrote:

Where in the first post is "Christians" mentioned? I never stated my preferred method was abortion, i suppose you read into that one too. So again, what is the Atheist preferred method for killing children?
I'm not surprised you didn't spot it. The good Professor said he wanted to follow the teachings of Jesus. That, as we already know you are unaware, is the definition of a Christian.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:55 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11533 wrote:
No but ill settle for it. What makes objective different?

Buy a ******* dictionary.

First Bible class, now you want English lessons. :beat:
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:07 pm
@Morningstarr,
Morningstarr;11535 wrote:
Buy a ******* dictionary.

First Bible class, now you want English lessons. :beat:

I have three, i just wanted it out of you. You know how diferently people can define stuff.
0 Replies

Morningstarr

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:13 pm
@Professor Chaos,
If anyone needs their language skills testing that would be you, Tonto.

You still haven't clarified the bumbling broken English you insist on using. Are you Mexican?