Hatred hurled from the left towards Christians, why?

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 09:18 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57310 wrote:
Christian Fundamentalists have about as much control of the US government as Muslim fundamentalists have control of Iranian government.

Is that why you guys are so oppressed? Look behind you, this post is just a distraction so that the secret police can sneak up on you.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 10:25 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57319 wrote:
Were prominent pastors?

Fundamentalist does not = pastor

quit trying to twist words!
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 10:26 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57320 wrote:
Is that why you guys are so oppressed? Look behind you, this post is just a distraction so that the secret police can sneak up on you.

is that what i said? :no:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 06:33 pm
@Red cv,
Quote:
Fundamentalist does not = pastor

quit trying to twist words!

Quote:
I'm certain that if you were to take recordings of Jeremiah Wright, Rod Parsley, Jerry Falwell, Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Pat Robertson and John Hagee... and played them at the same time across your screen... you'd probably start to see some similarities.

Religion whatever is the evil of this world. It must be destroyed.

They attacked our land. Destroy them.

The government of whateveristan is corrupt.

Religion whatever is false.

We are the true chosen people.

Attack me and you attack everyone else who believes like I do.

Nation A needs to rise up and strike back at Nation B.

Leader whoever is evil, we need to take him out.

Those are things you will hear from almost every single one of them in one form or fashion. I'm serious, try it.

Face it, there are as many wackos in your backyard as there are in the funny sounding guy's yard across the street.

The paragraph that is italicized and underlined in bold red is the one containing the sort of people I'm talking about here.

Quote:
is that what i said?

You said that Christian fundamentalist control over the U.S. government was the equivalent of Muslim fundamentalist control over the Iranian government, you (or at least others who you have apparently given your support) have also implied, at least, that Christian and Islamic fundamentalism are equally bad, therefore I took your posts as a whole to mean that generally, the U.S. is controlled by fundamentalists, Iran is controlled by fundamentalists, the U.S. government is similar to that of Iran.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:18 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57333 wrote:
The paragraph that is italicized and underlined in bold red is the one containing the sort of people I'm talking about here.

You said that Christian fundamentalist control over the U.S. government was the equivalent of Muslim fundamentalist control over the Iranian government, you (or at least others who you have apparently given your support) have also implied, at least, that Christian and Islamic fundamentalism are equally bad, therefore I took your posts as a whole to mean that generally, the U.S. is controlled by fundamentalists, Iran is controlled by fundamentalists, the U.S. government is similar to that of Iran.

I said they have nearly equal control over their respective governments, while Christian and Islamic fundamentalist are both dangerous, but unlike in the middle-east the US and western governments have strictly enforced systems in place that will keep the radicals in check.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 07:01 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57333 wrote:
the U.S. government is similar to that of Iran.

They are both far right. Amannie is a conservative at heart.

Doesn't our current leader believe such religious things as the world being created in six days and a paradise awaiting the afterlife? Kinda like Amannie... or that he is doing the work of the almighty... like Osama?

I bring another comic!

http://www.irintech.com/x1/images/jean/bush_laden.jpg
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 03:42 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57336 wrote:
I said they have nearly equal control over their respective governments, while Christian and Islamic fundamentalist are both dangerous, but unlike in the middle-east the US and western governments have strictly enforced systems in place that will keep the radicals in check.

But if they're so equal in control (a complete state of control), why not just get rid of them? Or is Christian fundamentalism not as bad as Muslim fundamentalism?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:14 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57371 wrote:
But if they're so equal in control (a complete state of control), why not just get rid of them? Or is Christian fundamentalism not as bad as Muslim fundamentalism?

What exactly do you mean by "get rid of"? Also like i said before both are dangerous it is simply our policies that keep them in check, it would be best if they would implement these same policies and actually enforce them in the middle-east. there is a long way to go before that is a feasible goal.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57388 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "get rid of"? Also like i said before both are dangerous it is simply our policies that keep them in check, it would be best if they would implement these same policies and actually enforce them in the middle-east. there is a long way to go before that is a feasible goal.

If they are so powerful, what is to stop them from ignoring such policies, and who is enforcing them?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:25 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57407 wrote:
If they are so powerful, what is to stop them from ignoring such policies, and who is enforcing them?

The same way we do it.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:56 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57408 wrote:
The same way we do it.

I am not asking about Iran, I am asking about us (them=fundamentalists.) How do we do it?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 10:52 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57409 wrote:
I am not asking about Iran, I am asking about us (them=fundamentalists.) How do we do it?

By enforcing the policies.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 02:12 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57409 wrote:

The establishment clause. Unfortunately, as with most of the Constitution, this has become more 'flexible' in recent years.

Also, every time you hear about a trial smacking down ID and creationism... that's how we do it.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 02:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57413 wrote:
By enforcing the policies.

If Fundamentalist Christians control the government, who is left to enforce it?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 05:38 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57418 wrote:
If Fundamentalist Christians control the government, who is left to enforce it?

People who care about the constitution and see the purpose in enforcing it.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:49 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57419 wrote:
People who care about the constitution and see the purpose in enforcing it.

Who would that be, and how could they possibly have the power to enforce it?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:24 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57420 wrote:
Who would that be,

I couldn't tell you that, it would be on an individual basis.

Quote:
and how could they possibly have the power to enforce it?

punish those who break it.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 06:37 pm
@Red cv,
Quote:
I couldn't tell you that, it would be on an individual basis.

But why are such people able to exist here and not in Iran?
Quote:

punish those who break it.

How? If Chrisitian fundamentalists fill all positions of authority, who's going to punish them?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 06:43 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57438 wrote:
But why are such people able to exist here and not in Iran?

they do. perhaps in smaller numbers.

Quote:

How? If Chrisitian fundamentalists fill all positions of authority, who's going to punish them?

luckily for us, they don't.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 06:53 pm
@Red cv,
Quote:
luckily for us, they don't.

So wait, that means that American Christian fundamentalists don't have power equivalant to that of Iranian Muslim fundamentalists!