My GW Conspiracy Theory

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:18 pm
@z0z0,
PBS, the same one that cut the documentary on extreme Muslims cause it wasn't nice enough to them? Sounds pretty unbiased and reliable to me.
z0z0

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 08:52 pm
@Reagaknight,
Yes - political affiliation is important to know because it shows potential agenda. If 93% of scientists involved are Democrats then you know that there is something unusual going on. It is an odd phenomenon worth examining further.

Since the US is about 45% Democrat and 45% Republican and 10% Swing - I would expect 2,000 scientists to be similar political split. Since the the GW gang is not similar to the population as a whole I find that odd.

It seems there is some self-selection going on in who gets into the GW club and who gets to feed at the funding teat.

Or think of this - if someone offered you an 80,000 per year job with all sorts of nice lab equipment and travel to conferences - would you start promoting GW? Probably would.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:06 pm
@z0z0,
"Or think of this - if someone offered you an 80,000 per year job with all sorts of nice lab equipment and travel to conferences - would you start promoting GW? Probably would."

I would, because I believe in protecting the environment.

But, I think the same financial incentive analogy can be said for the FDA and their funding for pharamaceutical research and development. (a different topic all together, just used as a comparison)

I need to watch the PBS documentary, forgive me for my ignorance regarding that film.

Did the documentary attempt to establish a political agenda attached to GW? Or is that your opinion?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:14 pm
@z0z0,
"PBS, the same one that cut the documentary on extreme Muslims cause it wasn't nice enough to them? Sounds pretty unbiased and reliable to me."

Somehow that sounds to me like censorship, especially on "public" television. I would like to find a media outlet/program that provides facts with no political agenda. Is that possible? Could the BBC provide that? Any thoughts.....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:58 pm
@z0z0,
C'mon now, Team. You don't need a PhD in Science to know all the gunk we're dumping into the environment is very destructive. Yes.....we have to fix the problem, and get busy doing so now. It's the utility of gas-bags like Al Gore to this cause that troubles me.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:00 pm
@z0z0,
However, it doesn't mean it's causing global warming or that we can do something about the climate changing.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:04 pm
@Reagaknight,
Pollution in North America has been on the decline for over 20 years.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:03 pm
@z0z0,
Driving back from Corpus Christi this morning, I saw many refineries belching enormous plumes of some sort of exhaust into the air. Some of it might have been steam, but a lot of it looked like toxic waste. The sky was already overcast, with low-lying rain-clouds hovering above the smoke-stacks. It was eery. At one point I thought I saw Al Gore's face in the clouds, laughing madly, like a rodeo-clown on mushrooms.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:06 pm
@Reagaknight,
Funny. Al Gore's face in plumes of pollution.

But I am curious.

Why the hate toward ol' Al? Has he really harmed our country? Or is it his lack of charisma and stiffness when speaking?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:24 pm
@z0z0,
"Why the hate toward ol' Al?"

I sort of liked him in the beginning. He was clean-cut and looked as though he might have been able to effect a positive influence on Hellion Slicky Boy. As time passed, however, I read up on Old Al, and discovered he's quite The Idiot, after all. He's shamefully impulsive and hypocritical. His advisors constantly had to rein in his child-like impulsivity and self-contradiction on political issues. They basically had to sit on him more than once to save his image and reputation from his horrible judgment. THEN.....came his phoniness, especially that which he demonstrated while speaking to a Black, Southern Baptist audience on TV. When I saw how stupidly he behaved, I almost barfed, and wrote him off, forevermore. I loathe fake people, and Gore is the KING OF ALL THINGS FAKE.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:32 pm
@z0z0,
Okay. Now I understand your point of view. Thanks.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:28 pm
@z0z0,
Al Gore invented the internet, so you'd better watch it. He probably has spies everywhere.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:00 pm
@z0z0,
Actually, almost everything every Democratic candidate said during their grandiose debate was phony. They're the weakest, most fake and utterly vomitous pack of con-artists in American politics. That Gravel idiot should be imprisoned for life, as of yesterday. Beiden should be sentenced to ten years, hard labor, on a Georgia chain-gang. Edwards did okay, but his statements were FAKE HORSE-HOCKEY, as were all the rest. I HATE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. It's full of spineless communists.
Willie cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14278 wrote:
Actually, almost everything every Democratic candidate said during their grandiose debate was phony. They're the weakest, most fake and utterly vomitous pack of con-artists in American politics. That Gravel idiot should be imprisoned for life, as of yesterday. Beiden should be sentenced to ten years, hard labor, on a Georgia chain-gang. Edwards did okay, but his statements were FAKE HORSE-HOCKEY, as were all the rest. I HATE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. It's full of spineless communists.

How about some examples, cuz see, I think the way the Katrina victims were ignore by the Feds for days upon end makes the "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie", kinda barfy.:FU1:
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:30 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14278 wrote:

Forgive my ignornace. Which debate are you talking about? Bold statments. Hopefully your occupation is NOT a federal judge, or any judge for that matter. Don't really need to know. Just a little sarcasm.

I would agree that the Democratic party has a hard time stating what their positions are and in that regard, I would consider them spineless. Members of the communist party, hardly. I would say that all of America's politicians seem to be represent specific interest groups rather than the entire American population. That seems to me to be the nature of political life.

Funny. Al Gore claiming to invent the internet. Definite political blunder. Since we are reminding people of those blunders, let's quote Dan Quayle:

"It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment,
it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
-Dan Quayle

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."
-Dan Quayle

Good thing Dan didn't make a documentary about Global Warming.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:32 pm
@Reagaknight,
Willy, there is no dyke system on Earth capable of withstanding a Cat V hurricane. None. Katrina was inevitable, and the Fed gave corrupt Louisiana billions to do its best to prepare for it. Moreover, many victims were poor well before Katrina, yet expected the Fed to make them rich afterward. Forget it. My tax dollars aren't meant to do feats of financial magic on that scale. No offense, but Narlins was always a dump.:headbang:
chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:45 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14311 wrote:
Willy, there is no dyke system on Earth capable of withstanding a Cat V hurricane. None. Katrina was inevitable, and the Fed gave corrupt Louisiana billions to do its best to prepare for it. Moreover, many victims were poor well before Katrina, yet expected the Fed to make them rich afterward. Forget it. My tax dollars aren't meant to do feats of financial magic on that scale. No offense, but Narlins was always a dump.:headbang:

Not true! At a native New orleanian, my home city has a wide a varied history. Some have claimed NO was the most integrated city in the nation. pre Civil War. Because there was limited living space, all people lived and worked in close proximity to each other.

Hardly a dump. Birthplace of the most popular from of true American music, jazz. Home I would argue to some of the best food in the world. Home to the only Catholic junior Basilica in the United States, St Louis Cathedral. Now to claim my home city has always been a dump, I do not agree.

Louisiana politics has had a SERIOUS history of corruption. One reason I moved. Hopefully, one candidate, Bobby Jendl, will be elected governor and the state may make some progress. I can understand the Federal Gov't holding back funding for rebuilding due to corrupt politics.

However, to me, I was deeply saddened by what I saw on television. The inaction of our federal gov't to respond to the humanitarian crisis is deplorable. The response was slloowww....once our gov't did respond finally some progress was made. I would look to the individual citizens (probably some non) who helped people. A friend of mine, a nurse decided to stay at his hospital to aid the dying. I admire that New Orleanian. They had no electricity nor running water.

Not sure where your claim comes from regarding victims. Maybe some citizens do rely to heavily on finances from the federal gov't. And I would say entitlement is an issue across the US.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:47 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14311 wrote:

You may want to look to the flood system in Denmark. Please, if you are going to use the nickname for my city, for God's sake, spell it correctly, Nawlins.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:03 pm
@z0z0,
There are too many stories to cite but the Feds DID ask Blanco and Naquin to request their aid and were refused. The 'rules" say that the state MUST request such aid , the federal government can't just jump in on their own. Most of the blame for slow response is squarely on the heads of Louisiana politicians in my opinion. The corruption of Louisiana politics is legendary.
chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:24 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;14342 wrote:
There are too many stories to cite but the Feds DID ask Blanco and Naquin to request their aid and were refused. The 'rules" say that the stae MUST request such aid , the federal government can't just jump in on their own. Most of the blame for slow response is squarely on the heads of Louisiana politicians in my opinion. The corruption of Louisiana politics is legendary.

I agree. And could cite many examples of that corruption. My hope is that the citizens of my home state make the right choices. We'll see.