markx15

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:04 pm
@mousy,
I try as much as I can, by talking to as many poeple as I can, by reforesting anywhere anyone will let me, it isn't an easy job, but I have dozens of others equally set in protecting and preserving our enviroment, that takes the edge off. The State I live in is already the one which most preserves its forests, we are trying to get the population more involved as well.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:12 pm
@mousy,
Hell of a post big D. Couldn't agree with you more.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:46 pm
@mousy,
That is a big post, and I agree mostly too. Have you ever done any sort of journalism? That looked pretty professional to me.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:52 pm
@mousy,
Yes GW has been a natural occurence in the past, but what is there to prove that it is now? Maybe a particularly nasty sunspot could be causing it, but is it? I know that all these GHG emissions affect the enviorment negativly even without causing a general warmup, they create holes in the ozone layer, letting in more and more UV rays in, did you know that there are places in Boliva where the inhabitants cannot stay more that 30 minutes exposed to the sun without suffering heavy burns(I will try to find a link since such afirmatives need backing, but it will have to wait till tomorrow)? Not to mention the affects on the biosphere of an industrial zone, even we with all our brains cannot live fully because of these intoxicating emissions, and other industrial waste, how do you think a plant or an animal could have a chance? So what you are saying is based on the past, and everything that is happening could be natural, but we aren't sure it is are we? Even if cleaning up our industries and our domestic emissions does nothing to reverse this warming process, it is only one of the effects that such gases have when released, and as you just said it's not even the most convincing.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:33 pm
@markx15,
Even if the West gets its act together, the ascending Third World isn't interested at all in trimming back profits or slowing down growth to protect the environment. They're where the U.S. was industrially in the 1950s. Environmentalism isn't a priority. They're determined to keep climbing, at all costs.:whistling:
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 02:06 pm
@mousy,
LOL where do you think the capital and the intiative to industrialize comes from? Most of these "third world" countries are completly dependant on foreign capital.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:28 pm
@mousy,
So what? They're still fighting to modernize. Environmentalism is their last priority. They want what we have -- material self-sufficiency.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 11:45 am
@mousy,
Except they can't achieve it, since american companies dominate most markets at least in South America. In my country enviroment is a big deal, we signed the kyoto protocol, we emit way less than the "allowed".
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:29 pm
@mousy,
Global warming is overstated OK I'll buy that...but no one has been able show how improved non polluting technoloy that is not as dependent on oil is a bad thing...
Overstatement and paranoia is the only to get anythinng done in this country....It took the 74 embargo to get cars that got more than 12 mpg
We lower our dependence on oil and the next time some petro dictator spouts off we yawn...moon him on the way to work
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:56 am
@mousy,
Quote:
Overstatement and paranoia is the only to get anythinng done in this country

That and it's dishonest. Change starts in the home not in government. One person willing to change is worth more then throwing twenty politicians at it or one Al Gore.
0 Replies

RESS

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 12:21 am
@mousy,
[SIZE="6"]FLOOD OR FIRE?[/SIZE] :dunno:

Quote:

[SIZE="3"]Labour's plan to dismantle Whitehall revealed[/SIZE]

Exclusive: Review would cut senior civil servants and move thousands out of capital
Comments (206)

Buzz up!
Digg it
Allegra Stratton, political correspondent
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 25 November 2009 20.30 GMT
Article history

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/11/25/1259180763498/Britain-Braced-For-Storms-002.jpg

Tens of thousands of civil servants may be moved out of London in a dramatic downscaling of Whitehall under Labour plans to cut public debts and instil a culture of "smarter government''.

Leaked sections of a report to be published in a fortnight reveal that the government wants a review into the possibility of relocating some of the 132,000 civil servants and 90,000 employees of "arm's-length bodies" currently based in London and the south-east.

Labour's plan to dismantle Whitehall revealed | Politics | The Guardian

[SIZE="3"]
" . . . . . . .Make plans to move the Civil Services deeper into Saxon territory. . . . . . . . "

" . . . . . . .We might have to burn or flood out these fvcking darkies if things get out of hand in the formation of the New Northern Alliance. . . . . . . . "
Said the White Supremacist Racists.[/SIZE]
RESS

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 08:28 pm
@RESS,
[SIZE="5"]"SEAL A DEAL"[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
" . . . . . . .Listen to the fvcking Mongoloid. . . . .We told him to tell you to SEAL A DEAL. . . . . ."[/SIZE]

Quote:
UN chief urges leaders to 'seal deal' on climate change

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46818000/jpg/_46818642_008341078-1.jpg

The United Nations chief has urged world leaders to "seal a deal" on climate change when they meet in Copenhagen next month.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he believed an agreement was in sight, with recent moves by some countries a positive step to cutting emissions.

Danish PM Lars Lokke Rasmussen said he hoped to see "money on the table" at the UN conference he will host.

Both spoke at a Commonwealth meeting also focusing on climate change.

The Copenhagen summit, from 7-18 December, will see more than 85 national leaders gather to discuss climate change.

"Our common goal is to achieve a firm foundation for a legally binding climate treaty as early as possible in 2010," Mr Ban told the Commonwealth leaders at their summit in Trinidad and Tobago where he was a guest.

BBC News - UN chief urges leaders to 'seal deal' on climate change

[SIZE="5"]"MONEY ON THE TABLE"[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]" . . . . . . We want to see money on the table or the title deeds to your lands and properties you dark eyed, dark haired Melanochroi filth. HAIL the New Northern Alliance. . . . . . . ."

Shouted the White Supremacist Racists.[/SIZE]
0 Replies