US policy toward Genocide

92b16vx

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 10:45 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30549 wrote:
Puh-leeze! They had videotape of Rodney King's ass being beat down, by at least 4 L.A.policemen, and the police were practically exonerated. A picture doesn't mean a damn thing. Reality doesn't count, only perception counts.

On that same note there's video of Tray Street Crips beating Reginald Denny almost to death and they got off. It's a great example of how our society gets away with not punishing criminals because someone else got away with it.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 11:24 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;30555 wrote:
On that same note there's video of Tray Street Crips beating Reginald Denny almost to death and they got off. It's a great example of how our society gets away with not punishing criminals because someone else got away with it.

Well....don't forget -- every crime Clinton committed in office, we have all committed, but just didn't get got. Therefore, he was entitled to get off the hook.Very Happy :p :p :p Very Happy
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:10 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;30555 wrote:

That's because, secretly....we're in a "police state"...it's only a matter of time before there's a knock at the door.....
How come regular people don't care what's happening? We have all these crazies egging it on.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:15 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30560 wrote:
Well....don't forget -- every crime Clinton committed in office, we have all committed, but just didn't get got. Therefore, he was entitled to get off the hook.Very Happy :p :p :p Very Happy

For the zillionth time....Clinton's "crimes" weren't "real crimes".....and since you think that they were, in the famous words of dr, "Prove it".
He lied about having sex with an intern....Bush lied about the reason for going to war....people got killed...people are being killed...and for no good reason.
It doesn't take rocket science to figure out whose crimes were the most grievous. And guess what Clintons popularity is still about the same as when he left office....we won't be saying that about ol' Dubya, ever!
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 03:52 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30597 wrote:
For the zillionth time....Clinton's "crimes" weren't "real crimes".....and since you think that they were, in the famous words of dr, "Prove it".
He lied about having sex with an intern....Bush lied about the reason for going to war....people got killed...people are being killed...and for no good reason.
It doesn't take rocket science to figure out whose crimes were the most grievous. And guess what Clintons popularity is still about the same as when he left office....we won't be saying that about ol' Dubya, ever!

Every bad thing GW has ever done, we all have done, but just didn't get caught. It works both ways. Sure......I did exactly what Clinton did, but I didn't get caught. And you........yeah......YOU....... you started wars of aggression and all the rest of it. You just didn't get caught. Therefore, I see no reason why GW should be punished -- none, whatsoever.Very Happy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Very Happy
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30596 wrote:
That's because, secretly....we're in a "police state"...it's only a matter of time before there's a knock at the door.....
How come regular people don't care what's happening? We have all these crazies egging it on.

Just think, Aaron......we live in the same state. The last time I spoke with Carl Rove, he agreed to a 'door-knocking' campaign.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy j/k
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 04:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30617 wrote:
Every bad thing GW has ever done, we all have done, but just didn't get caught. It works both ways. Sure......I did exactly what Clinton did, but I didn't get caught. And you........yeah......YOU....... you started wars of aggression and all the rest of it. You just didn't get caught. Therefore, I see no reason why GW should be punished -- none, whatsoever.Very Happy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Very Happy

That's because you're blind. And all you have said is untrue (without resorting to the "l" word)
Red cv

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 05:12 pm
@European cv,
I will concede that aaronssong has a point, Bush has taken away some civil liberties in the name of terrorism. Canada is going down the same route, I will not give up one single liberty in the fight in the War on Terrorism. To cede our rights in a democratic country is the first step to living in a communist country. If our spy agencies can't route out evil without taking my rights away from me replace the agencies. Leave me alone, I won't be spied on, wisked away as a terrorist suspect because I don't agree with my government. I should be able to live my life free of government imposed restrictions. I'm not a terrorist, I will not be treated as one.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 05:16 pm
@Red cv,
Red;30656 wrote:
I will concede that aaronssong has a point, Bush has taken away some civil liberties in the name of terrorism. Canada is going down the same route, I will not give up one single liberty in the fight in the War on Terrorism. To cede our rights in a democratic country is the first step to living in a communist country. If our spy agencies can't route out evil without taking my rights away from me replace the agencies. Leave me alone, I won't be spied on, wisked away as a terrorist suspect because I don't agree with my government. I should be able to live my life free of government imposed restrictions. I'm not a terrorist, I will not be treated as one.

Thank you for my point....and it's "Aaronssongs" with an "s" on the end.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 05:35 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;30622 wrote:
That's because you're blind. And all you have said is untrue (without resorting to the "l" word)

Nope. If I am guilty of everything Clinton did, but just didn't get caught, then so are you, and you and I are also guilty of every bad thing GW has ever done in office. Don't blame me, Aaronssongs. You guys invented that goofy logic, not I. WE ARE BOTH GOING DOWN IN INFAMY. Face it. It's an excrement-pie, and we both gotta take a bite out of it. Chow down.:cig:
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:42 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30681 wrote:
Nope. If I am guilty of everything Clinton did, but just didn't get caught, then so are you, and you and I are also guilty of every bad thing GW has ever done in office. Don't blame me, Aaronssongs. You guys invented that goofy logic, not I. WE ARE BOTH GOING DOWN IN INFAMY. Face it. It's an excrement-pie, and we both gotta take a bite out of it. Chow down.:cig:

You couldn't be more wrong...we are responsible for ourselves. Clinton answered for his wrongdoing by being impeached...there was no wrongdoing found in the Whitewater affair...he probably paid a price with his wife for his extramarital affairs...
I bear no personal responsibility for anything that he or Bush did or have done....Bush, much less so, because I didn't vote for him, I didn't want him as president, and I have always claimed that he is not my president (but for practical purposes, will have to do)
What you have said is nonsensical, and illogical. I only deal in logic...so I haven't a clue what you're ranting and raving about. The country is not going down...it's already down...but hopefully, the Democratic president will restore some semblance of dignity and integrity to the office, and end the war ASAP...and from the things you have said, you need help. I can't help you.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:47 pm
@European cv,
"I grew up feeling that the most important thing in life was to have good manners and to enhance the lives of others," Brooke Astor said in a 1992 interview with The Associated Press.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:57 pm
@European cv,
I suspect you were one of those who argued Clinton should have gotten off the hook because everybody did what he did, without getting caught. I can imagine you screaming that nonsense at everyone around you, back when the scandals were blazing.
0 Replies