• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,110 • Replies: 46
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 03:04 pm
@cranston36 cv,
Don't you realize that Israel has given into the demands placed upon them by the Islamic world for 20 years? The kidnappers wanted unreasonable demands in return for the soldiers, and I think Israel responded correctly. Diplomacy works for short term matters, but once diplomacy does fail, war is necessary. Israel might be fighting a wrong with another wrong, but their effort will get the attention it deserves by the countries that should have been seeking two-sided diplomacy to start with.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:16 pm
@cranston36 cv,
More than 20 years ! And Israel has been attacked many times over , not to mention the car bombs and mines and suicide bombers , all supported and financed by countries and political enemies whose only focus is the destruction of Israel at any cost .
Have they gone too far ? Not No , but H#*l no !
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:31 pm
@cranston36 cv,
If we can get cranston to post again in this thread, I'll probably crap myself.
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:08 am
@jatuab,
Cranston said -
"It is a(sic) heroic effort to seek out the two soldiers who were heroically kidnapped. It is a cowardly act to destroy schools, hospitals, businesses and disrupt the lives of millions of people in order to get attention."

Have not the radicals been disrupting the lives of millions of people in that region for years with their activities against Israel . Why is that ok for you , but when Israel reacts , you call them "cowardly" ?

Israel is prosecuting this war the way we should have done Iraq from the beginning . Full effort to get the bad guys , and not being politically correct about it .
The fanatics use mosques , schools , and homes to store war materiel , and as bases from which to operate . When they do that , they make those places proper targets for the enemy , plain and simple .

Israel is not doing all this to "get attention" ! They have had the attention of their enemies since 1948 . They are doing this to protect themselves .

I also wonder about your use of "heroic" in describing the kidnapping of the two soldiers . What do you mean ?
Outraged

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 06:40 am
@Curmudgeon,
Hezbollah wanted about 600 soldiers released for 2 of Israels.... One of the names bounced around was a 40 year old man serving a life sentence for two police, taking a home hostage, shooting the father and then beating a young girls head in with the butt of a rifle. And these are the people you're calling heroic? The radical Islamic group who wants a psychopath released, because he'd do it in the name of allah?

I don't know where you got the millions of lives, but the last number I saw for Hezbollah casualties was 500 and 1500 wounded. I doubt that the civilians casualties could've been much higher if not lower.
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 06:19 pm
@Outraged,
It never did any good to ask Cranston where he got his info when he was here .
He has now been banned , so we will never know where his material came from .
0 Replies

aprilcanadian

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:09 am
@cranston36 cv,
isreal and hezabolla are both being buttheads.neither is interested in peace and both are too heavily interested in destroying each other rather then learn to try and live together.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 12:41 pm
@cranston36 cv,
When has Isreal struck out of anything other then retaliation. They attack only after lethal provocation, by some self confessed terrorist orginizations.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:27 pm
@cranston36 cv,
Hah, probably those soldiers crossed the border and got caught in Lebanese territory. Course Israel will use any excuse to attack, they've got massive financial backing of the United States, and this new war on terror that the US has given them even more excuses for their own war agenda.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:08 pm
@cranston36 cv,
GO Isreal!!!!
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 09:29 am
@Drnaline,
Israel has not gone far enough.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:39 pm
@cranston36 cv,
When will enough be enough you think?
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 06:56 pm
@cranston36 cv,
When Hezbollah either agrees to stop attacking Israel and recognize Israel or they are removed from Lebanon
NaterG

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:50 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;5464 wrote:
When Hezbollah either agrees to stop attacking Israel and recognize Israel or they are removed from Lebanon

Unfortunately, I believe the latter is the only way it will go.
Sherman cv

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 04:38 pm
@NaterG,
Thank God there is a country is not scared to defend itself from such violence and rejection of existence.

I think it waited even too long to react.

Israel has prepared their population for this event forever... by now the world should realize that not only Israel is a victim of religious intolerance but the fact that the country has been a strong ally of United States make it even more unpopular....I a don t like anti-Americanism in any form.....Why worldwide attention is more on Israel defending itself from Hezbollah than Palestinian terrorist group Hamas elected as government leader of the country....What does this tell us??

Did anyone know that Palestinian are supported financially by England and the rest of Europe and they have asked more money? :no:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:20 pm
@Sherman cv,
Israel is bringing a lot of terrorism upon itself.

Lack of peace talks isn't helping. Now they have to confront a terrorist group. Sounds something like what the U.S. is doing.:wtf:

I'm not sure who suggested not speaking to an enemy was a good idea but it never seems to settle a dispute.:wtf:

Aren't these religious wars great? Oh yea, we're in the middle of one.:eek:
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:29 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Quote:
Israel is bringing a lot of terrorism upon itself.

What a nonsense! They have had to deal with terrorists since 1948 and the terrorists will not stop till Israel is wiped of the map.

Quote:
Lack of peace talks isn't helping. Now they have to confront a terrorist group.

You can talk with terrorists till you see blue in the face.
Terrorists are only interested in spreading terror, they don't want peace.

Quote:
Sounds something like what the U.S. is doing.

Sure, after 9-11 we should have sat down with the criminal bastards and talked to them. :ban:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:49 pm
@BonaParte cv,
Where has confrontation got them ? Neither side can win if nobody stops fighting.

This war started a long time before 1948.

Do you mean that is when our problems started in the Middle East?:wtf:

You do know it's a religous war don't you?Very Happy
Sherman cv

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:45 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
It is so obvious they do not like to talk but shoot to kill!!!!!:eek:

I do not see Palestininan or any other Muslim country eager to talk or do anything to accelarate or create peaceful situations with the same emphasis they protest to get something they care about !!! !:no:

I have the impression they feel good with this type of situation and many people in England (British Muslims) are the same, their specches are always accentuated by a victimized attitude with no sign to recognize any responsability on their part..They blame the western especially US for all their problems!!!!!:wtf:

Gosh...They should get a grip and step down from their holy pedestal.... for cry out loud!!!!!::frown: :no:

I am sorry but i will never get over the attack on New York...It Hurts!!!!!!! I will never get over the fact we are too tolerant and soft either!!!!:frown: