Chuck one up for the good guys! Iran

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 09:30 am
I'm a mad jihad must be quaking in his shoes.

Iranian General Reportedly Defects

A former high-ranking Iranian government official, Brig. Gen. Alireza Asghari, 63, has defected to the United States, Iranian exiles and other sources told Newsmax today.

Asghari had access to highly-classified intelligence information and "defected to the Americans with lots of secrets," respected Iranian journalist Alireza Nourizadeh told Newsmax from London.

The disappearance of the former Revolutionary Guards General has created a panic in Tehran.

Gen. Asghari left Iran on an officially-sanctioned trip to Damascus, Syria, then went missing during a stop-over in Istanbul, Turkey on February 7, according to statements by Iranian government officials in Tehran.

Nourizadeh believes he had been sent to Damascus to supervise an arms deal between Iran and Syria that was signed last June during a trip to Tehran by Syria's defense minister.

"It is possible that former deputy defense minister Asghari was kidnapped by Western intelligence services because of his Defense Ministry background," the head of Iran's national police, Gen. Ismail Ahmadi-Moghaddam, said in Tehran yesterday.

But Newsmax has learned from Iranian sources that Gen. Asghari's family also managed to leave Iran just before he went missing, and that he sold his house in the Narmak area of Tehran in December.

Today is a good day. I hope he gives it all up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,118 • Replies: 24
No top replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 01:20 pm
@Drnaline,
Good for him!!!
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 11:18 pm
@Drnaline,
We could use some good intel from him , I think .
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:25 am
@Drnaline,
Awesome. Hope we get some good info from him. Poor Iran. Wonder if they still want to talk trash to us Smile
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 06:33 am
@Drnaline,
I believe in the formulation and implementation of what I call the "Foreign Penalty Policy", on the part of the U.S. Government. It would work like this: whenever something really dangerous to the common good of humanity is perpetrated in/by rogue nations, for whatever reason, the U.S. would unilaterally and automatically PUNISH that country, MILITARILY, such as through strategic spoiling attacks. Accordingly, we would be bombing Iran right now, for its mishandling of this psycho-nuke-wizard's security. The proposition would be something along these lines, "find him, or keep getting bombed."
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 06:37 am
@Drnaline,
Also, we should periodically toss tactical nuclear missiles at our enemies, just to remind them of who we are, what we can do, and what we want. A low-yield, nuclear-warhead-armed, Tomahawk missile shot into the suburbs of Tehran right about now, would go a long way in teaching the fools who govern that hellhole some serious lessons about the good old U.S. of A. And it would be relatively CHEAP, too. Ha.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:47 am
@Drnaline,
LOL, but that wouldn't be very humanitarian of us would it.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:06 pm
@Drnaline,
I think we should force them to watch reruns of the fresh prince of Ballair and a continuos 24 hour a day loop of reality television....the nation of Iran would fall within a week
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 12:19 pm
@Drnaline,
"LOL, but that wouldn't be very humanitarian of us would it."

"To do good, be prepared to do some evil. Try to minimize the evil."
-- Robert McNamara:no:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 12:20 pm
@Drnaline,
America should KILL the following people ASAP:

Kim Jong Il
Hugo Chavez
Putin

After the CIA pinpoints their locations on any given day, tactical nukes should be fired to take them out. End of story. Blow them up, now.

* Chavez could be taken out by ONE USAF fighter jet, as he makes his weekly flight to Cuba to visit Castro, the dying pig.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 01:51 pm
@Drnaline,
I think we will see some fireworks if the Democrats when in 08 as Bush leaves office. I hope so at least because the Democrats are a bunch of weaklings who won't do anything to stand up to people such as these.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 02:45 pm
@Drnaline,
I would love to see the U.S. assassinate Putin, and then play dumb, as Putin did when he had Uchenko poisoned, and the journalist murdered that way, as well. Why can't a surface-to-air missile be launched secretly over the Caribbean to blow Chavez' jetliner out of the sky? Blow his balls off.:headbang:

The U.S. should host a big peace conference in the Middle East, invite all the bad guys, and then blow them up. Bush and Cheney themselves should machinegun some of them. Hit it. Hit it hard. As Nixon said, "Hit'm in the nuts."
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 04:44 pm
@Drnaline,
You and Anne Coulter would be best friends
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 11:00 pm
@Drnaline,
I thought Ann was my friend? LOL.
What's funny is, we can joke about it but if some one was in here of the other persuasion, and really god offended? It would be a whole different story. Kinda like the stuff they had to remove from huffingtonpost.com about wishing the assassination attempt on Cheney was successful. What Bill Maher got roasted about.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:00 pm
@Drnaline,
LOL this is great, can you image the temper tantrum the crazy President of Iran had when word reached him of the defection.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:25 pm
@Drnaline,
I'm sure he still having nightmares.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:29 pm
@Drnaline,
Ann means well. She's just flipping out on us.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:47 pm
@Drnaline,
We won the first round of the Middle Eastern cold war, lets just enjoy it and settle in for another 40 years of ridiculous intrigue, behind the scenes death and proxy brush wars I can;t wait to see who this cold wars version of Joe McCarthy is going to be.....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:02 pm
@Drnaline,
So, you actually believe life is a cake-walk, eh? Reality sucks, doesn't it?
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:14 pm
@Drnaline,
Dude. I may not be a ghetto kid on crack but I haven't lived a sheltered life either. Life is tough beleive me I get that but that doesn't mean we have do the same stuff the same way ...for the same reasons we did during the last cold war and I believe that is what we are headed for with Iran.
I'm glad this guy defected, the current government of Iran is radical and dangerous and I wouldn't mind this Persian Napoleon of Iran falling in front of a train sometime soon. We should be happy about this no doubt.
Underneath the long hair and UNLV degree my neck is just as red as anybody's from the south. Al Queda starts blowing up stuff here, lock and load buddy I'll be right there beside you and I'll fire the first shot...
but lets avoid the paranoia, bigotry, simple mindedness, and xenophobia we went through during the last cold war and tell the McCarthies of the world to stay home and don't start fights that are not directly related to our logical interest...that is mostly what I meant....So how was your week end????
0 Replies