Muslim Rep. Ellison: No Oath on Bible

hatukazi

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:18 pm
@Drnaline,
Christendom, or Christenhood, in the widest sense, refers to Christianity as a territorial phenomenon: those countries where most people are Christians are part of Christendom. In the West the word Christendom sometimes refers to Roman Catholic nations that include the "Social Reign of Christ the King," the concept that a nation is subject to the authority of the Church.

"the concept that a nation is subject to the authority of the church" can not be implemented in the United States of America because in this country the citizens are the sovereigns and as such are only "subject" to our own authority.

Who gets to pick the church in your vision for a new Christendom, I go to a baptist church, not because I consider myself a baptist, but because my mom goes and I like the band and the message. I consider my self a "follower of Jesus" more than any religion.

subjects are SLAVES! you only like the idea if it's YOUR church.

...and dont forget that if the church was able to maintain the dominance it throughout the middle ages we would still be the center of the universe living on a flat earth.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:41 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47221 wrote:
Christendom, or Christenhood, in the widest sense, refers to Christianity as a territorial phenomenon: those countries where most people are Christians are part of Christendom. In the West the word Christendom sometimes refers to Roman Catholic nations that include the "Social Reign of Christ the King," the concept that a nation is subject to the authority of the Church.

"the concept that a nation is subject to the authority of the church" can not be implemented in the United States of America because in this country the citizens are the sovereigns and as such are only "subject" to our own authority.

Who gets to pick the church in your vision for a new Christendom, I go to a baptist church, not because I consider myself a baptist, but because my mom goes and I like the band and the message. I consider my self a "follower of Jesus" more than any religion.

subjects are SLAVES! you only like the idea if it's YOUR church.

...and dont forget that if the church was able to maintain the dominance it throughout the middle ages we would still be the center of the universe living on a flat earth.

Slaves? Chill out. Take a pill. Drink a cold one. Quit flipping out. Besides, if you were my slave, I'd send you back to school. Very Happy
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:19 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47242 wrote:
Slaves? Chill out. Take a pill. Drink a cold one. Quit flipping out. Besides, if you were my slave, I'd send you back to school. Very Happy

glad to know you condone slavery :wtf:
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 01:54 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47242 wrote:

if I were your slave, something bad would have to happen to you so I could be free. If I were the one to have to do it .... so much the better.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 07:24 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;48121 wrote:
if I were your slave, something bad would have to happen to you so I could be free. If I were the one to have to do it .... so much the better.

Wouldn't happen. I'd have you executed first.Very Happy
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:35 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;48138 wrote:
Wouldn't happen. I'd have you executed first.Very Happy

Don't worry i'd return the favor Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 07:41 pm
@Drnaline,
I'm listening to O'Reilly right now. What a fathead.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:56 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;48955 wrote:
I'm listening to O'Reilly right now. What a fathead.

A republican that doesn't like O'Reilly!??? How often does that happen?
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 05:39 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;48971 wrote:
A republican that doesn't like O'Reilly!??? How often does that happen?

Often. One doesn't have to like and/or support all of them, all of the time. I agree with O'Reilly, but loathe his demeanor. He thinks he's cute, while in reality, he's a jackass of a rare breed. :thumbdown:
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 07:08 am
@Drnaline,
Pino, you and Oreilly going at it again.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 09:22 pm
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;48994 wrote:
Pino, you and Oreilly going at it again.

Yeah.....Billow's fighting the Good Fight, but he's such a damned jerk. I'd love to see somebody just flat out deck'm on TV -- I mean lay the old musclehead flat.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 02:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;49079 wrote:
Yeah.....Billow's fighting the Good Fight, but he's such a damned jerk. I'd love to see somebody just flat out deck'm on TV -- I mean lay the old musclehead flat.

O'Reilly talks more than his guests, he doesn't reaaly give them a chance to say their peace!
0 Replies