Muslim Rep. Ellison: No Oath on Bible

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45419 wrote:
Sure they were, but what are they now -- the Greeks? Their classical tradition became the basis of Catholic Scholasticism and Thomist theology.:dance2:

[SIZE="6"]FAIL[/SIZE]

The christainization of greece didn't happen untill long after their fall in power! Their greatest achivements were made in absence of christanity!
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:01 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45425 wrote:
[SIZE="6"]FAIL[/SIZE]

The christainization of greece didn't happen untill long after their fall in power! Their greatest achivements were made in absence of christanity!

Oh, HELL no. There will be NO ISLAMIC POLITICIANS IN MY COUNTRY. No frig'n way.:rocketwhore::whipping::AR15firing::banghead::rant2::FU2::devilheadbang::afro::ban:
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45425 wrote:
[SIZE="6"]FAIL[/SIZE]

But....Christianity aped them. And, WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN EVER SINCE THE DANG OLD DAY???????????????????? How about zip? Can you live with 'zip'? I didn't think so.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46307 wrote:
But....Christianity aped them. And, WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN EVER SINCE THE DANG OLD DAY???????????????????? How about zip? Can you live with 'zip'? I didn't think so.

Christanity arrived about the same time as the collapse of Roman Empire and thus the begining of the dark ages, if thats what you meant by aped...
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:06 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46305 wrote:
Oh, HELL no. There will be NO ISLAMIC POLITICIANS IN MY COUNTRY. No frig'n way.:rocketwhore::whipping::AR15firing::banghead::rant2::FU2::devilheadbang::afro::ban:

Discrimanatory polotics is the brood of arrogance and ignorance!
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:09 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46308 wrote:
Christanity arrived about the same time as the collapse of Roman Empire and thus the begining of the dark ages, if thats what you meant by aped...

You know so little. Please.....allow me to SCHOOL YOU, again. Christianity hit the Empire in AD 33, the year in which Jesus died. Peter and Paul took it to Rome by the AD 50s. THE EMPIRE IN THE WEST CAVED IN IN AD 476, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do the math. DO THE DANG OLD MATH.

Somebody hold me back. Hold me back. I'm gonna gouge out his eyes and *****-**** him to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46310 wrote:
Discrimanatory polotics is the brood of arrogance and ignorance!

You're not ignorant. You ignint. That's worse, Homie.:rofl:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:13 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46312 wrote:
You know so little. Please.....allow me to SCHOOL YOU, again. Christianity hit the Empire in AD 33, the year in which Jesus died. Peter and Paul took it to Rome by the AD 50s. THE EMPIRE IN THE WEST CAVED IN IN AD 476, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do the math. DO THE DANG OLD MATH.

Somebody hold me back. Hold me back. I'm gonna gouge out his eyes and *****-**** him to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christanity started before the collapse of Roman Empire but did not gain popularity untill the fall of Rome escpecially with the Roman emporer (Constantine) ...
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:18 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46313 wrote:
You're not ignorant. You ignint. That's worse, Homie.:rofl:

ooooh!!! your so smart {sarcasm}

i'm so glad you're able to mispronunciate english words, and degrade their value in a similar fashion. Hooooray for you!!! :thumbup:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46315 wrote:
Christanity started before the collapse of Roman Empire but did not gain popularity untill the fall of Rome escpecially with the Roman emporer (Constantine) ...

You're getting warmer, but you're still 'ignint'. No....Christianity did not conquer all of Rome at the time of the fall. But...it grew up within the Empire beginning in AD 33, which accounts for almost half the Empire's life-span (500 BC - AD 476).
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46318 wrote:
ooooh!!! your so smart {sarcasm}

i'm so glad you're able to mispronunciate english words, and degrade their value in a similar fashion. Hooooray for you!!! :thumbup:

You're a housewife. I can feel it.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:54 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46422 wrote:
You're getting warmer, but you're still 'ignint'. No....Christianity did not conquer all of Rome at the time of the fall. But...it grew up within the Empire beginning in AD 33, which accounts for almost half the Empire's life-span (500 BC - AD 476).

no it didn't conquer rome but it coincided with the collapse of the empire, they may not be linked at all but it does render you argument about the connection of christanity and civilization as a moot point!
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:10 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46441 wrote:
no it didn't conquer rome but it coincided with the collapse of the empire, they may not be linked at all but it does render you argument about the connection of christanity and civilization as a moot point!

Wrong again. It didn't 'coincide' with the fall of Rome. Math....math....basic math. Rome fell in the West in AD 476. Paul and Peter had taken Christianity to Rome by the mid-50s. Hmm....let's see: 476 - 55 = 421 years. That's a long time, by my standards. I haven't lived for 421 years in a long, long time. Hell, my country's only 231 years old, and we think we're all that and a handful of nuts.:bangin:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:56 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46449 wrote:
Wrong again. It didn't 'coincide' with the fall of Rome. Math....math....basic math. Rome fell in the West in AD 476. Paul and Peter had taken Christianity to Rome by the mid-50s. Hmm....let's see: 476 - 55 = 421 years. That's a long time, by my standards. I haven't lived for 421 years in a long, long time. Hell, my country's only 231 years old, and we think we're all that and a handful of nuts.:bangin:

again, christanity didn't become popularized untill near the end of the roman empire!

Fall of Rome
Between AD 395 (when the Visigothic leader Alaric began to ravage inside the Roman imperial frontiers in Thrace and Macedonia) and 495 (when Theodoric the Great, king of the Ostrogoths, was proclaimed king of Italy

Constantine I The Great, Emperor

Born: c. 275
Birthplace: Naissus (modern Serbia)
Died: 337
Best Known As: First Christian ruler of the Roman Empire

NOTICE The Roman Empire fell 58 years after the death of the first christian emperor
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:28 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46463 wrote:
again, christanity didn't become popularized untill near the end of the roman empire!

Fall of Rome
Between AD 395 (when the Visigothic leader Alaric began to ravage inside the Roman imperial frontiers in Thrace and Macedonia) and 495 (when Theodoric the Great, king of the Ostrogoths, was proclaimed king of Italy

Constantine I The Great, Emperor

Born: c. 275
Birthplace: Naissus (modern Serbia)
Died: 337
Best Known As: First Christian ruler of the Roman Empire

NOTICE The Roman Empire fell 58 years after the death of the first christian emperor

Wrong again. In 395 in was made the official religion of Rome. To say it didn't begin to become 'popular' before that is very misleading. You just hate Christianity (as well as America) and will twist everything to that effect. NOPE. GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN.:thumbdown:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:40 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46905 wrote:
Wrong again. In 395 in was made the official religion of Rome. To say it didn't begin to become 'popular' before that is very misleading. You just hate Christianity (as well as America) and will twist everything to that effect. NOPE. GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN.:thumbdown:

and to say emporer constantine didn't make a significant impact is foolhardy! The official designation of the religion has naut to do with it's popularity or it's power!
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 05:47 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46913 wrote:
and to say emporer constantine didn't make a significant impact is foolhardy! The official designation of the religion has naut to do with it's popularity or it's power!

I didn't say that. The bottom line is that you hate Christianity and refuse to acknowledge the positive role it had in building Western Civilization. I'm done trying to correct your erroneous views. :no:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 06:17 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47172 wrote:
I didn't say that. The bottom line is that you hate Christianity and refuse to acknowledge the positive role it had in building Western Civilization. I'm done trying to correct your erroneous views. :no:

Christanity has benefited nations but the Roman Empire and ancient Greece aren't one of them!
hatukazi

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
how did christianity benefit ANY nation, please provide proof.

and I am a christian before any one goes off the handle and starts name calling.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 09:12 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47185 wrote:
how did christianity benefit ANY nation, please provide proof.

and I am a christian before any one goes off the handle and starts name calling.

Read, man, read. Haven't you ever taken Western Civilization? Hell no. I'm not remediating to that extent. I assumed you graduated from high school. Here -- Google 'Christendom', 'Holy Roman Empire', 'the medieval Church', 'main themes of the European Middle Ages', etc., etc. It's called EDUCATION. :no:
0 Replies