Muslim Rep. Ellison: No Oath on Bible

markx15

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Pinochet, what is justice for one side will not be so for the other. So what do you call a just war?
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 11:41 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
No offense, Curmie, but do you ever take a stand on anything?

Yes, I certainly do, but I try not to take a stand without due diligence.
I don't like to enter discussions without some ability to respond with valid points and enough knowledge to back up my stand.
I also don't feel like I have to respond to every thread on the forum. If I am not interested, or don't know enough to comment intelligently, I keep my mouth shut.
Drakej

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 11:45 pm
@Drnaline,
I really dont see a huge problem with him swearing on one book or another. Also to the comment about the United States being at War with Muslims, I am pretty sure that we are at War with Muslim extremists. Just a tiny difference there.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:29 pm
@markx15,
markx15;44644 wrote:
Pinochet, what is justice for one side will not be so for the other. So what do you call a just war?

The fight for Christian Civilization. The fight for the realization of natural rights -- life, liberty and property.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:32 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;44690 wrote:
Yes, I certainly do, but I try not to take a stand without due diligence.
I don't like to enter discussions without some ability to respond with valid points and enough knowledge to back up my stand.
I also don't feel like I have to respond to every thread on the forum. If I am not interested, or don't know enough to comment intelligently, I keep my mouth shut.

Congratulations. But......how do you explain your frequent grumbling about the opinionated nature of some here, when you don't even hang around that much? There are times when you post hardly anything -- maybe a grunt here, a grumble there, but nothing of substance (no offense, again). How can you reasonably expect others to do the same? This is, after all, a discussion board.:wtf:
0 Replies

xj0hnx

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:59 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44975 wrote:
The fight for Christian Civilization. The fight for the realization of natural rights -- life, liberty and property.

Sorry buddy, but not all christians want that for anyone but themselves. Ask any black or woman that was around prior to 1960.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 03:33 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;44981 wrote:
Sorry buddy, but not all christians want that for anyone but themselves. Ask any black or woman that was around prior to 1960.

Sorry, but it was the doctrine of natural rights that caused millions of Whites to die freeing Black slaves in America. I repeat -- LIFE, LIBERTY AND PROPERTY, AKA: PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. All people are born FREE and EQUAL. We hold these truths to be self-evident, e.g., INALIENABLE. :patriot:
xj0hnx

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 07:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45062 wrote:
Sorry, but it was the doctrine of natural rights that caused millions of Whites to die freeing Black slaves in America. I repeat -- LIFE, LIBERTY AND PROPERTY, AKA: PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. All people are born FREE and EQUAL. We hold these truths to be self-evident, e.g., INALIENABLE. :patriot:

Sto-p pretending you aren't a bigot, you're very transparent.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 08:23 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;45092 wrote:
Sto-p pretending you aren't a bigot, you're very transparent.

Well, I do support Bush, so I'm sure in your eyes that makes me more evil than Hitler.:banana::drive::afro:
Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 09:44 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
how do you explain your frequent grumbling about the opinionated nature of some here, when you don't even hang around that much? There are times when you post hardly anything -- maybe a grunt here, a grumble there, but nothing of substance (no offense, again). How can you reasonably expect others to do the same? This is, after all, a discussion board.

Sorry Charlie if I don't post enough for you. As I said, I don't post when I don't have anything to contribute, and I don't post just to have a post count. I post when I think I can contribute to the discussion.
I work the night shift Monday thru Thursday and that is when I am on this forum, sometimes I am busy, sometimes I am not. The level of discussion on this forum is lacking in my view, due to the constant bickering between some members that only post diatribes or comments about the character of other members, and that is not to my taste.
When there is a true discussion and I have something to contribute, I will post.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 01:11 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;45105 wrote:
Sorry Charlie if I don't post enough for you. As I said, I don't post when I don't have anything to contribute, and I don't post just to have a post count. I post when I think I can contribute to the discussion.
I work the night shift Monday thru Thursday and that is when I am on this forum, sometimes I am busy, sometimes I am not. The level of discussion on this forum is lacking in my view, due to the constant bickering between some members that only post diatribes or comments about the character of other members, and that is not to my taste.
When there is a true discussion and I have something to contribute, I will post.

Do you mean to tell me you goof off at work!!!????!!!! What kind of work-ethic do you have, Mister????? Don't lecture me, Mister 'I cheat on the job'. No, Sir. I won't tolerate that. :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 07:57 pm
@Drnaline,
Ah, you have no idea what I do at work. I am a night dispatcher for a small but very successful trucking company. I have been with these guys since 1989 in several positions, first as a driver, then as on-site facilitator for our contract with Dow Chemical in Freeport, Texas. Later the contract was redone and I ran our Freeport office until I came to the new home office in Pasadena, Texas as Head of Driver Services and recruitment. Due to my boss not liking the way I ran those departments, I was demoted to night dispatcher 2 years ago, and it was the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I have duties and responsibilities beyond just night dispatch, since I am proficient in most aspects of the business. I have approval from my boss, the IT department, and the owners of the company to do what I want on the net at night, since my job is done properly at all times. Besides, what should I be doing? Sleeping? Watching movies? Playing video games?
I am going to be 65 in December, and I refuse to let my mind deteriorate, so I am always busy in some way.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 09:19 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;45174 wrote:
Ah, you have no idea what I do at work. I am a night dispatcher for a small but very successful trucking company. I have been with these guys since 1989 in several positions, first as a driver, then as on-site facilitator for our contract with Dow Chemical in Freeport, Texas. Later the contract was redone and I ran our Freeport office until I came to the new home office in Pasadena, Texas as Head of Driver Services and recruitment. Due to my boss not liking the way I ran those departments, I was demoted to night dispatcher 2 years ago, and it was the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I have duties and responsibilities beyond just night dispatch, since I am proficient in most aspects of the business. I have approval from my boss, the IT department, and the owners of the company to do what I want on the net at night, since my job is done properly at all times. Besides, what should I be doing? Sleeping? Watching movies? Playing video games?
I am going to be 65 in December, and I refuse to let my mind deteriorate, so I am always busy in some way.

Sorry, Curmie. I was just playing around. You're okay by me. :patriot:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 04:39 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44975 wrote:

so fighting for a christain civilization is a just war? According to whom?

the only just war is a war of freedom, freedom to believe anything you please... i have yet to see such a war!
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45305 wrote:
so fighting for a christain civilization is a just war? According to whom?

the only just war is a war of freedom, freedom to believe anything you please... i have yet to see such a war!

Nope. Christian Civilization IS Civilization. Period. You're either for us or against us. PERIOD. :rocketwhore:

PS: I don't like your logo. It reminds me of a marijuana plant. Do you smoke dope, too???????????????
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:55 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45351 wrote:
Nope. Christian Civilization IS Civilization. Period. You're either for us or against us. PERIOD. :rocketwhore:

PS: I don't like your logo. It reminds me of a marijuana plant. Do you smoke dope, too???????????????

So I guess ancient Greece the most technologicly and socially advanced nation of it's time wasn't civilized by your logic, your so brainwashed it's ALMOST unbelievable, i said alsmost...

(my logo is the Tree of wisdom from celtic mythology, and no i don't smoke dope!)
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:59 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Pinochet at this time you have made atleat 4 unfounded assumptions about me:

1. I am foreign
2. I am muslim
3. I smoke dope
4. I am stupid

none of which are true!:FU1:
92b16vx

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45362 wrote:

1. I am foreign
2. I am muslim
3. I smoke dope
4. I am stupid

If I had said those things I would be banned. I guess if Pino supported Ron Paul he would be too.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45362 wrote:

1. I am foreign
2. I am muslim
3. I smoke dope
4. I am stupid

Don't blame me. Bush made me do it. It's that damned Bush.....again.:headbang:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 07:08 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45361 wrote:
So I guess ancient Greece the most technologicly and socially advanced nation of it's time wasn't civilized by your logic, your so brainwashed it's ALMOST unbelievable, i said alsmost...

(my logo is the Tree of wisdom from celtic mythology, and no i don't smoke dope!)

Sure they were, but what are they now -- the Greeks? Their classical tradition became the basis of Catholic Scholasticism and Thomist theology.:dance2: