political yet entertaining?

Drnaline

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 07:46 pm
@Drnaline,
tumbleweed wrote:
Drnaline

Gore won the popular vote in the first election. That's the one I referred to. That started this whole mess.

Bush won the re-election by default. He was the lesser of the 2 evils. Hardly popular, but it did get him re-elected. How we make out as a country in the final 2 years of an 8 year sentence is anybodys guess. With the Republicans conservative spending policies, the sky is the limit, and so are the countries we invade.:wtf:

You can think what you want about Independents. It allows me to think outside the box. Maine has a lot of Independents , so it goes with the territory.:439: You can spin Conservatives any way you want, but they don't practice what they preach. I hear a lot of talking points, but the Republicans are in for a rough ride in Nov.:cool:

Conservatives aren't tough on anything, just mis-guided. Very Happy

Quote:
Gore won the popular vote in the first election. That's the one I referred to. That started this whole mess.

Bush won the re-election by default.

If you ask me the first one was by default. Second was without question?
Quote:
He was the lesser of the 2 evils.

At least you include Kerry in that statement.
Quote:
How we make out as a country in the final 2 years of an 8 year sentence is anybodys guess. With the Republicans conservative spending policies, the sky is the limit, and so are the countries we invade.

We won't make out any worse then your friend and mine did after his eight years? At least we won't of allowed OBL to do his deeds or any other terrorist. It's called taking the fight to them. And one of the reasons you still sleep at night. Both countrys we have so called "invaded" are free and democratic. What's your party done lately? We may democritize a few more before this is over! Iran, Syria anyone?
Quote:
You can think what you want about Independents. It allows me to think outside the box. Maine has a lot of Independents , so it goes with the territory. You can spin Conservatives any way you want, but they don't practice what they preach. I hear a lot of talking points, but the Republicans are in for a rough ride in Nov.

I think the ride will be mutual. We stand to gain as well. What's worse then Bush's approval rating? Congress's?
Quote:
Conservatives aren't tough on anything, just mis-guided.

And don't forget. In control! Better buckle up.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:54 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Since we preach from our platform an i to take it, it is not allowed? What do you call what comes from your platform?

Care to place a wager? Gentlemens bet of course. One dollar?

America is getting wise to the smokescreen you guys have been laying down since Vietnam. We know the outcome of that one don't we? If not ask your bud Kennedy, and not the one just entering rehab. It's his also vehicle inhibited father but no loss of live occured?

Is that party anything but a dieing breed? What ever happened to that bastion of toppleing leftys, Air America?

What's good for the goose is not good for the gander? We must not being playing fair again?

Why would you specificaly want the rino's out, who's gonna get rid of them? Us or YOU? I would think you a liberal would want more liberal minded folks like bush. That's about the only way you can get your agenda accross!

I think it's what we make of it! It's called free will, herd of it?

We can't find out, he won't release his records like he said he would. Almost been three years waiting for that one.

Here comes the conspiricy theory next right?
I wonder why i never hear your praise for his liberal record? So you guys did win the election after all, boy i dididn't see that one coming. You guys are slick!

I think your getting the media mixed up with the general public? In any event, you believe the lie the public portraited and are also not open minded for supposedly being such?

you threw in quotes from a lot of different folks there...
jatuab

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:58 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Drnaline

Bush won the re-election by default. He was the lesser of the 2 evils. Hardly popular, but it did get him re-elected. How we make out as a country in the final 2 years of an 8 year sentence is anybodys guess. With the Republicans conservative spending policies, the sky is the limit, and so are the countries we invade.:wtf:

You can think what you want about Independents. It allows me to think outside the box. Maine has a lot of Independents , so it goes with the territory.:439: You can spin Conservatives any way you want, but they don't practice what they preach. I hear a lot of talking points, but the Republicans are in for a rough ride in Nov.:cool:

Conservatives aren't tough on anything, just mis-guided. Very Happy

You made a lot of generalizations in that argument. Talk about the ones you're referring to, and don't just place that blanket argument over all who consider themselves to be conservative. That covers the constitutional party, the majority of religious groups, and the anti-Semites.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:08 am
@jatuab,
This was a Liberal v. Conservative comparison. I didn't see any particular group pointed out in the first part of the thread which I commented on.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:15 am
@jatuab,
jatuab wrote:
you threw in quotes from a lot of different folks there...

Yeah, i figured it was ok being under your post he posted "right". I took that to mean he agreed with you. But who knows from a liberal i mean libertarian point of view?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:17 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
This was a Liberal v. Conservative comparison. I didn't see any particular group pointed out in the first part of the thread which I commented on.
No, this was a joke that you took to be a comparison. Hence being in the political humor thread.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:48 am
@Drnaline,
Oh, I didn't realize it was supposed to be funny.Very Happy

I'm not a liberal or libertarian. Not being associated with either party I can pick what policies I feel are the best for the country without being blinded by party affiliation. I can critisize both parties.:439:

The party in power is usually the one that takes the most heat. It's time for them to get out of the kitchen.:cool:
Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:33 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Oh, I didn't realize it was supposed to be funny.Very Happy

I'm not a liberal or libertarian. Not being associated with either party I can pick what policies I feel are the best for the country without being blinded by party affiliation. I can critisize both parties.:439:

The party in power is usually the one that takes the most heat. It's time for them to get out of the kitchen.:cool:

I laughed so it was funny.
Quote:
I'm not a liberal or libertarian. Not being associated with either party I can pick what policies I feel are the best for the country without being blinded by party affiliation. I can critisize both parties.

I have only heard you complain about one party, not much on the other two. So i guess i can include you in either. For not being blinded you sure spew to a T the liberal agenda?
Quote:
The party in power is usually the one that takes the most heat. It's time for them to get out of the kitchen.

You think it's hot now wait till we attack Iran/Syria. Why, because we can. I don't think you be able to take the heat for another 2+ years. Maybe another country kitchen is in order?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Now that is funny.Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 05:27 pm
@Drnaline,
The Iranians won't think so. I hope they have a sense of humor like you, LOL.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 05:31 pm
@Drnaline,
Even Bush knows better than to invade either one of them right now.:wtf:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 06:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Who said anything about invading?
0 Replies