Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 10:41 pm
@92b16vx,
I'll buy some of that
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 01:55 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47096 wrote:
Pino, stop the excuses and post your sources.

Sources for what?????? My opinion???? Gimme a frig'n break. I'm 50 years old and have been reading like an MF all my life. I don't have to post references to have a frig'n opinion. If you're referring to my corrections to your crazy notion we don't need Middle Eastern oil, my 'references' include a lifetime of knowing better, and of course the geography books the state of Texas required me to use to teach Ninth Grade World Geography for years. Also, about a year ago I read a great, in-depth article in the "Economist" about our Mid-East oil addiction. But these are puny examples out of a thousand. You should know that. As I observed not too long ago, this place has been over-run by conspiracists. Keep your theories. They're all yours. AND......don't forget: I confessed to having conspired with Bush to pull off 911. You need not look any farther. I am the ONE. I DID IT.:no:
92b16vx

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 02:50 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47151 wrote:
Sources for what?????? My opinion???? Gimme a frig'n break. I'm 50 years old and have been reading like an MF all my life. I don't have to post references to have a frig'n opinion. If you're referring to my corrections to your crazy notion we don't need Middle Eastern oil, my 'references' include a lifetime of knowing better, and of course the geography books the state of Texas required me to use to teach Ninth Grade World Geography for years. Also, about a year ago I read a great, in-depth article in the "Economist" about our Mid-East oil addiction. But these are puny examples out of a thousand. You should know that. As I observed not too long ago, this place has been over-run by conspiracists. Keep your theories. They're all yours. AND......don't forget: I confessed to having conspired with Bush to pull off 911. You need not look any farther. I am the ONE. I DID IT.:no:

So you are not going to post a source for your assumption that without middle eastern bootlicking we will collapse as a nation? Didn't think so.
Drakej

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 04:30 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Like I said Pino if we cannot stand on our own without oil we deserve to collapse. Do you think America is so weak that if we cut our ties with the middle east all will return to the dark ages? Oil will run out one day or it will be so expensive big business's are going to have to come up with something else, hydrogen cars, vegetable oil cars ect.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 05:54 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47159 wrote:
So you are not going to post a source for your assumption that without middle eastern bootlicking we will collapse as a nation? Didn't think so.

Oh...you want me to do as everyone else does here and post long, boring articles which nobody reads. No thanks. Too busy. But consider this: we're now getting sort of nervous about Venezuelan politics, which threaten to stop the flow of oil from Venezuela to the US. Yeah.....we're nervous, when that only accounts for 14% of our oil intake. Imagine how nervous we'd be if Saudi Arabia went south on us?:rofl:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 05:56 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;47167 wrote:
Like I said Pino if we cannot stand on our own without oil we deserve to collapse. Do you think America is so weak that if we cut our ties with the middle east all will return to the dark ages? Oil will run out one day or it will be so expensive big business's are going to have to come up with something else, hydrogen cars, vegetable oil cars ect.

Our entire way of life is founded on the automobile.
Drakej

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 06:06 pm
@Curmudgeon,
So what, automobiles do not have to run on gas. But because no one invests in alternatives hybrids and alternative fuel powered equipment are way out of our price range. I doubt we run out of oil in our life times but one day we will be forced to make a choice, either ride horses or come out with alternative fuels. We should just go ahead and cut oil out and become more efficient and self supporting. Even though we do not import all of our oil from the M.E. any way.
hatukazi

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47174 wrote:
Our entire way of life is founded on the automobile.

how can that be when our country was doing fine for 132 years before the popularization of the automibile by Henry Ford in 1908?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 09:21 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;47176 wrote:
So what, automobiles do not have to run on gas. But because no one invests in alternatives hybrids and alternative fuel powered equipment are way out of our price range. I doubt we run out of oil in our life times but one day we will be forced to make a choice, either ride horses or come out with alternative fuels. We should just go ahead and cut oil out and become more efficient and self supporting. Even though we do not import all of our oil from the M.E. any way.

We're beginning to realize the degree and dangers of our current oil dependency. That's great. Nonetheless, we haven't made sufficient progress to suddenly turn off the oil spiggot (sp), which means we can't afford to abandon the Iraq War -- not yet. And we have a long way to go. :damnit:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 09:22 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47186 wrote:
how can that be when our country was doing fine for 132 years before the popularization of the automibile by Henry Ford in 1908?

What a crazy question. You must be snowed in again, eh? :wtf:
hatukazi

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 09:31 pm
@Pinochet73,
8" today, answer the question.

I love my car and in no way could I justify our whole way of life being founded on something so silly as the automoblie.

I can find way more proof that our way of life is based on deceit and ignorance and perpetual violence.
hatukazi

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 09:32 pm
@Curmudgeon,
and senseless materialism
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:50 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47151 wrote:

excuses
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:44 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47203 wrote:
8" today, answer the question.

I love my car and in no way could I justify our whole way of life being founded on something so silly as the automoblie.

I can find way more proof that our way of life is based on deceit and ignorance and perpetual violence.

I'm telling you don't know what you're talking about. The rise of the American Automobile Civilization is a major theme of contemporary American history. IT'S THE BASIS OF OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY. This is like screaming into a big, black, bottomless pit. Forget it.
hatukazi

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 02:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47243 wrote:
I'm telling you don't know what you're talking about. The rise of the American Automobile Civilization is a major theme of contemporary American history. IT'S THE BASIS OF OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY. This is like screaming into a big, black, bottomless pit. Forget it.

Where on God's beautiful green earth do you get such ridiculous ideas?

Ignorance is a disease, you're contagious, GET HELP!
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:38 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;47245 wrote:
Where on God's beautiful green earth do you get such ridiculous ideas?

Ignorance is a disease, you're contagious, GET HELP!

You know nothing about basic economics. Our entire economy is based on the automobile. GO BACK TO SCHOOL.
Drakej

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:10 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I just took a basic economics class and no where did we talk about the country being ran on the automobile or oil.

Honda Worldwide | November 14, 2007 "Honda Debuts All-New FCX Clarity Advanced Fuel Cell Vehicle"

Maybe if we had some big oil companies actually care about the US economy they could make slightly less money pushing this kind of technology and guess what we could keep most of the money internal and not have to deal with the middle east or Venezuela ever agian. But I know I am some crazy conspiracy nut, dont worry I already have my tin foil hat on. Wait no I am not, I just want a better more peaceful world for my son. Call me crazy a nut whatever you want but there is nothing wrong with wanting more out of the world we live in. To simply say "it is the way it is because thats the way it has been" is a nice way of just rolling over and not caring about issues.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:23 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;47294 wrote:
You know nothing about basic economics. Our entire economy is based on the automobile. GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

So what? The question at hand is if we tell the middle east to go suck a turd and keep their oil, are we as a society going to collapse? The answer to that qeustion is a resounding, wholehearted **** NO. Between the oil we could be drilling for, and the resources we already have not involving the middle east, AND expanded research and development of alternative fuels, we would not only survive, we would PROSPER.
Drakej

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:28 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;47304 wrote:
So what? The question at hand is if we tell the middle east to go suck a turd and keep their oil, are we as a society going to collapse? The answer to that qeustion is a resounding, wholehearted **** NO. Between the oil we could be drilling for, and the resources we already have not involving the middle east, AND expanded research and development of alternative fuels, we would not only survive, we would PROSPER.

That is pretty much the point I have been trying to drive home.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:30 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Way off topic as usual, all of you.