Bush Aknowledges Existence of Secret CIA Prisons

BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 09:25 am
@tumbleweed cv,
They have a better life in our prison camps than in their home country.
They should be happy and appreciate our generosity.
Free meals, etc, heck, they have it better than our own people on welfare.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 09:35 am
@BonaParte cv,
BonaParte;5407 wrote:
They have a better life in our prison camps than in their home country.
They should be happy and appreciate our generosity.
Free meals, etc, heck, they have it better than our own people on welfare.

That statement isn't correct. You don't know what country they are from.
fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:48 am
@NaterG,
NaterG;5374 wrote:
toss me in any day, I have nothing to hide. I have never aided or had anything to do with any type of terrorism so yea. Plus, I am white, so they won't hurt me.
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:59 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5414 wrote:
That statement isn't correct. You don't know what country they are from.

Yes, I do.

They are from terrorist supporting countries, countries, where they throw their own people through meat grinders, such as Sadam did in Iraq.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 12:09 pm
@BonaParte cv,
If they are secret holding facilities, how would you know?:wtf:
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 12:13 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Just my gut feeling.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:32 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5429 wrote:

Haha. You obviously didn't see the joke in my rambleings. I honestly don't worry too much about these prisons. I would take a CIA secret prison over being held by some wacko terrorist group that I know will eventualy chop my head off on camera for millions to watch.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:38 pm
@Brent cv,
That's all your posts seem to be thus far, ramblings and words without deep thought. I never claimed CIA prisons are worse than being held by a terrorist group, however I wouldn't wish neither of those upon the innocent.
NaterG

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:53 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5457 wrote:
That's all your posts seem to be thus far, ramblings and words without deep thought. I never claimed CIA prisons are worse than being held by a terrorist group, however I wouldn't wish neither of those upon the innocent.

I am incapeable of deep thought, remember, I am on the Right Wing side of politics. From the south too.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:59 am
@Brent cv,
I think they violated a few human rights to get in there. So which rights are we violating?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 08:49 am
@Drnaline,
A better qestions is which ones aren't we violating.

How ironic, we are guilty of violating some of the same treaties we helped create in regards to the treatment of prisoners.
fluidambient

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:19 am
@Brent cv,
A treaty is only meant for those who are ruled by them, and not for the creator. Thus the general hypocrisy of US policy.
BonaParte cv

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:20 pm
@fluidambient,
The creator? Hold on, let's not try to turn this thread religious please!
Stick to the issue.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 07:00 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5531 wrote:
A better qestions is which ones aren't we violating.

How ironic, we are guilty of violating some of the same treaties we helped create in regards to the treatment of prisoners.

Just asking you to justify your statement, If you don't want to answer just say so. You don't have to beat around the Bush, pun intended.
Again so it's ok for them to violate others but not for us to violate them? If we are doing so in the first place? I've not seen any evidence of such? Got any?
Drnaline

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 07:05 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5539 wrote:
A treaty is only meant for those who are ruled by them, and not for the creator. Thus the general hypocrisy of US policy.

Nobody forced them to sign the treaty did they?
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 07:27 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5573 wrote:
Just asking you to justify your statement, If you don't want to answer just say so. You don't have to beat around the Bush, pun intended.
Again so it's ok for them to violate others but not for us to violate them? If we are doing so in the first place? I've not seen any evidence of such? Got any?

Do a google search " U.S. treatment of detainees".

The arguement that " It's ok for them to do so we should be able to do it " makes us no better than they are in regards to the treatment of prisoners.

We got a glimpse of how the detainees are treated from a Canadian who they snatched up for no apparent reason other than his name.

Or perhaps it is the violations of the Geneva Convention in regards to the treatment of prisoners.

The Abu Ghraib Prison comes to mind also.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 07:43 am
@Brent cv,
I've read numerous things on there treatment. Except for the few incidents with specific problems, i find nothing that constatutes "torture?" That is why i am asking you, what you consider torture but you seem like you don't want to answer.
Quote:
The arguement that " It's ok for them to do so we should be able to do it " makes us no better than they are in regards to the treatment of prisoners.

To me there is no comparison between us and them. How many of our men who are detained by them make it out alive? How many of them the we have have died in our custody? No matter how bad we get we will never be like them!
So in your eyes, we should treat our enemy's like guests in you own home? Shall we serve tea and crumpetts? They get better treatment them most of our fellons in our own prison system.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 08:00 am
@Drnaline,
The U.S is losing a lot of credibility in the eyes of the rest of the world, espically when it comes to human rights.

The violations of human rights by our government and our soldiers is just adding fuel to the fire of our critics.

I don't buy into the concept an eye for an eye where the treatment of prisoners are concerned.

We are the first nation to point out the violation of human rights , yet we are doing the very same thing.

In that respect, we are no better than our enemies.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 09:49 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5433 wrote:
If they are secret holding facilities, how would you know?:wtf:
Just read the new york times, they can't seem to keep a secret unless your one of there informants/whistle blowers.
0 Replies