Bush Aknowledges Existence of Secret CIA Prisons

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 12:27 pm
Quote:
President Bush is expected to announce Wednesday the transfer of 14 key terrorist suspects from secret CIA custody at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, including alleged Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed.

FOXNews.com - Bush to Announce Transfer of Top 9/11 Terror Suspects - Voting | Vote | 2006 Elections
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,595 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:53 pm
@Brent cv,
I think it's a smart move on his part. With those guys there the clammer to close the torcher chambers should die down.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:23 pm
@Brent cv,
I am not sure these prisons were secret , just not named for obvious reasons . I also think the release of the information is timed perfectly .
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 06:33 pm
@Brent cv,
Of course there were secret arrests, and I believe that the USA is completly right in doing that, the general public doesnt have original ideas, who would want the whole world second guessing their actions
0 Replies

aprilcanadian

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:22 am
@Brent cv,
you mean like second guessing when they held and tortered an inocent canadian (arar) without evidence for over a year only to be discovered he was honest to goodly innocent and his only crime was being arab? did his faimly deserve that? is that aceptable behaviour? it sounds like something saddam would have done.

we still have a canadian CHILD that is being tortured and has not been released. Torturing children is NOT the american way....or is it????????? this child needs legal represenatition and acess to canadian officals to stop teh abuse and determine if he is guilty or not.

it wouldnt distrb me if they knew they guys were guilty but they have tortured inocents and thats inexcusable.

i would like to see george bush personally apologise to mr Arar, canada and the other inocent victims of american torture.

im all for fighting terrorism but not for this crap.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:46 pm
@Brent cv,
Alls fair in Love and War.
aprilcanadian

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 12:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5128 wrote:

if we are going to behave like terrorists and dictators then we may as well give up now becuase we wont have anything worth protecting.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:28 am
@Brent cv,
Detaining some one for a year isn't exactly torture or being a dictator. If we'd of been terrorists i think your canadian friend would of been beheaded.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 08:32 am
@Drnaline,
Bush has killed more innocent victims through his failed policies than the terrorist have.

As for the secret prisions, that was never really a secret. That was a case of denial on Bushs part.

Without the use of force or infringment on peoples rights he couldn't achieve his objective which was to con people into thinking he was making our country safer.

We haven't felt safe since he took office, and we won't feel safe until he leaves.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 01:10 pm
@Brent cv,
Who is we? I feel perfectly safe
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 02:34 pm
@Brent cv,
I would imagine you would. You support Bush and his policies.Very Happy

I'm not convinced that our countries borders are as secure as they should be. We can't stop the flow of illegal immigrants so how can we stop terrorist?

These secret prisons amout to the same thing we complain about in other parts of the world. We are no better than our enemies when it comes to human rights.

What would the difference be between a concentration camp and an off-shore secret prison?
NaterG

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:22 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5333 wrote:
I would imagine you would. You support Bush and his policies.Very Happy

I'm not convinced that our countries borders are as secure as they should be. We can't stop the flow of illegal immigrants so how can we stop terrorist?

These secret prisons amout to the same thing we complain about in other parts of the world. We are no better than our enemies when it comes to human rights.

What would the difference be between a concentration camp and an off-shore secret prison?

we don't gas, burn, and conduct human experiments perhaps?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:23 pm
@NaterG,
I saw a few picture awhile back that showed the prisoners being tortured in a not so secret prison. Why would a secret prison be any different? The guards are free to do as they please. We saw what methods they prefer.:wtf:

We probably don't gas them but I do think they are doing experiments on prisoners to make them talk, even if they have nothing to say. Most of these suspects haven't been charged because they probably aren't guilty.

We basically kidnapped them. Isn't Democracy great.Very Happy
Leave it to Bush and company to pull stunts like that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:39 pm
@Brent cv,
My first question. Define torture?
BonaParte cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:36 pm
@Brent cv,
I am getting sick of hearing about this Arar guy in Canada. He asked for trouble. His wife has been all over the frontpages in Canada wearing her muslim head dress. It's almost like they rubbing it in real good.
People need to use some common sense these days when travelling.
Acting real progressive as a muslim is not going to make your travel easy these days. Small wonder he got into trouble.
0 Replies

BonaParte cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:37 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5349 wrote:
My first question. Define torture?

Some liberals will define a kick in the butt as torture.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 01:14 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5128 wrote:

Says the person who will probably never feel the affects of war in his life.
BonaParte;5128 wrote:
Some liberals will define a kick in the butt as torture.

Let's toss you in one of those secret prisons and see if you still think all they are doing is kicking.
NaterG

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 03:16 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5368 wrote:

Let's toss you in one of those secret prisons and see if you still think all they are doing is kicking.

toss me in any day, I have nothing to hide. I have never aided or had anything to do with any type of terrorism so yea. Plus, I am white, so they won't hurt me.
BonaParte cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:42 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5368 wrote:

There's a bloody reason why they are there.
They are fortunate we are a democratic country, other countries, such as where they come from, would have shot them a long time ago.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:58 am
@BonaParte cv,
I bet they are real happy about being locked up on foreign soil by a captor who is violating human rights.:eek:

We are no better that our enemies in that aspect.