Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:50 pm
@markx15,
markx15;4634 wrote:
The real problem with liberals is that they question everybody elses beliefs, but do they pass their own through such an examination, you seem to take it for granted that if FOXNEWS is being influenced by the US government there might be oposing parties doing the same? You repent the terrorist actions Israel has been facing since its establishment. Now tell me if such actions are justifiable wouldn't those commited by other terrorists say in another nation also be justified. Oh I don't know, maybe for example the 9/11 bombings? Of course they are is no manner of righteousness in those acts, and to say so would be monstrous, yet that is what you are professing, are you aware of the imensity of your words? You say there are no smart republicans, I say there are no open-minded democrats, because you question everything except the fact that you are open-minded. You complain that Brent just wants to "badger democrats", yet you so quickly forget that it was you who started attacking the current US government , and therforth the republican party(I doubt I have to remind you: republican majority and a republican in the White House). You ask for sources, yet you also say that the ones anyone present are corrupt, havnt you ever realised that information depends on interpretation and so can and is twisted. The only way for you to form a complete opinion is to actually witness every moment, which is impossible. So stop complaining about things you also do and try to play nice.

Show me the news organization that is being supported by the Democrat government...oh, wait....the government is republican. Okay, then show me the news source that supported Clinton and exposed the Starr investigation of impeachment as just a lie campaign...oh, wait, the media went after Clinton.

Information presented can be unbiased. That's the problem with your republicans....you believe your own propaganda. This is America where we still have news sources left who report news....not slant and bias.

You provide me with such sources as I have provided you and we will talk.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 07:47 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4749 wrote:
Prove to me my sources are wrong with sources of yours...

You just whine about things and don't really debate nor offer anything of substance and solution to your opinion. Either read about why you feel the way you do, or don't participate. It would seem to make a much more enjoyable discussion to have some republican actually have valid sources to use and offer up.
Quote:
Either read about why you feel the way you do, or don't participate.

I think we can say the same for you. In fact, i may start deleting posts that do not pertain any thing to the topic. That would include just about all your posts. IMO
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 08:04 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4751 wrote:
Show me the news organization that is being supported by the Democrat government...oh, wait....the government is republican. Okay, then show me the news source that supported Clinton and exposed the Starr investigation of impeachment as just a lie campaign...oh, wait, the media went after Clinton.

Information presented can be unbiased. That's the problem with your republicans....you believe your own propaganda. This is America where we still have news sources left who report news....not slant and bias.

You provide me with such sources as I have provided you and we will talk.
Quote:
Show me the news organization that is being supported by the Democrat government...oh, wait....the government is republican.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Quote:
Okay, then show me the news source that supported Clinton and exposed the Starr investigation of impeachment as just a lie campaign...oh, wait, the media went after Clinton.

"oh, wait, the media went after Clinton" really all of them, boy you must have one handy source to prove that? Or is it merely yours and a few other crackpots who believe this? Or maybe the MSM actually did that job for a change and reported the news?
Quote:
Information presented can be unbiased.

From what you've writen, i think you believe yours are the only ones that arn't?
Quote:
That's the problem with your republicans....you believe your own propaganda.

So your saying you don't believe your propoganda? I think you fell for yours hook, line and sinker. And have been pulled behind a boat for some time because no body knows your on the line.
Quote:
This is America where we still have news sources left who report news....not slant and bias.

Really which ones? And i am also to believe they are unbiased?
Quote:
You provide me with such sources as I have provided you and we will talk

Y9our lips are moving but nothing is coming out.
0 Replies

htmlmaster

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 11:27 am
@Brent cv,
I've never heard of them either, but they definitely picked the wrong way to make their name get out.

And about the media, they aren't democrats or republicans, they just want a story. The best stories usually involve failure, misery, corruption, you get the point.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 01:11 am
@Willie cv,
Willie;4750 wrote:
Sayeth the person who has yet to offer ANY source of his endless and mindless and unsubstantiated opinions.....what a bore...

Where does that come from ?
I do not rant about things I have not thought out and studied and researched . I do not comment often in this forum because it seems pointless to attempt to say anything to those ranters who would not listen anyway .
If my opinions are endless , mindless , and unsubstantiated in your opinion , why do you even bless them with your considerable wisdom and wit ?
I have opinions and they are well-founded , not regurgitations of talking points fed to me by someone else . You simply do not like them because you WON'T accept any opinion but your own .
I have varied opinions and present them to this forum and others as I see fit . I do not shy away from subjects , as a matter of fact , I put many of them out to the public in my own blog . When I make a point , I give links and referrals to my sources . Please point out to me an instance when I failed to do so . I am sure that if I were as you say , Brent would have let me know , and even kicked me out .
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 07:07 am
@Brent cv,
What happened to Willie ? Did he "cut and run"?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 05:46 pm
@Brent cv,
Flash in the pan like most Neo-Libs.
0 Replies

aprilcanadian

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 12:05 pm
@Brent cv,
Hezabolla who was crying out for pity has done a wonderful job of proving themselves to be deserving of the arse kicking isreal dished out and so has every suppoter of the quickly growing party who turned out to cheer the leader on.

while lebanon woulda been bombed sooner or later as isreal was only waiting for an excuse the poor me hezabolla atitude can no longer stick....

hezabolla deserves it....isreal deserves...neither is wearing white hats here. let em kill each other and lets keep our own guys out of it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:44 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
neither is wearing white hats here. let em kill each other and lets keep our own guys out of it.

Don't think that's gonna happen. How bout we kill the terrorists and everybody lives happily ever after?
0 Replies

aprilcanadian

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 05:13 pm
@Brent cv,
we have to find them before we can kill them and apearntly we cant even manage that
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 11:57 am
@Brent cv,
His day will come.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:36 pm
@Brent cv,
I gotta say terrorist is the greatest buzz word that was made up to lump together a bunch of people who are being oppressed and who retaliate with the only means necessary. Maybe peoples outlook on these Hizzbollah fighters would be different if they had tanks and jets to attack those who continually encroach the land of their Arab brothers?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:07 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5273 wrote:
I gotta say terrorist is the greatest buzz word that was made up to lump together a bunch of people who are being oppressed and who retaliate with the only means necessary. Maybe peoples outlook on these Hizzbollah fighters would be different if they had tanks and jets to attack those who continually encroach the land of their Arab brothers?
It is a great buzz word for people wanting to kill you. Says it all in one word. Who do you think they are being oppressed by?
Quote:
who retaliate with the only means necessary.

So why do they strap bombs to themselves? Isn't that self defeating?
Quote:
Maybe peoples outlook on these Hizzbollah fighters would be different if they had tanks and jets to attack those who continually encroach the land of their Arab brothers

Peoples outlook would changer if they stopped targeting civilians. What makes you think they would have a chance with tanks and jets? I think they will bypass the whole mess and go straight to Nukes.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:02 pm
@Brent cv,
Who are being oppressed? Their Palestinian brothers who got their land and livelihood taken away by Israel.

Why do some of them attack civilians in suicide bombings? What are the acts of desperation people will do when faced with a US backed might like Israel?

How will people's outlook change? Maybe if people weren't so selfish about their own needs, maybe if people were better informed rather than getting biased information.

What makes me think they'd have a chance with tanks and jets? That's a dumb question, of course they'd have a better chance.

Nukes? Takes a while to develop them, but definetely would grant balance against Israelis own nuclear program.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:45 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5300 wrote:
Who are being oppressed? Their Palestinian brothers who got their land and livelihood taken away by Israel.

Why do some of them attack civilians in suicide bombings? What are the acts of desperation people will do when faced with a US backed might like Israel?

How will people's outlook change? Maybe if people weren't so selfish about their own needs, maybe if people were better informed rather than getting biased information.

What makes me think they'd have a chance with tanks and jets? That's a dumb question, of course they'd have a better chance.

Nukes? Takes a while to develop them, but definetely would grant balance against Israelis own nuclear program.
They must be a weak people if they allow people to take things from them. But from the history books i read the palestinian land wasn't took, it was bought. After the sale they tried to take it back. I guess there still trying.
The palestinians will never get a leg up because they have themselves convinced they are victums. They poke and prode at isreal so they can scream foul when isreal relaltiates.

So how is it that you think the info you read is not biased? "selfish" I think is you, why are you not fighting along side your brothers in palestine?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 08:57 am
@Drnaline,
Israel isn't an innocent party to all the terrorist activities going on. They give as good as they get. It's their own failed policies in dealing with the Palestinians that keeps the conflict going.

I don't fault the Palestinians for electing a political party after all other means of resolving their differences has failed.

I don't have any sympathy for Israel. If we wouldn't have supported them years ago we wouldn't be having a discussion about terrorism on the scale we are seeing today.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:19 pm
@Brent cv,
Political party, that's a good one. Don't you mean Terrorist party?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:47 pm
@Drnaline,
Hezbolla and Hamas both have political parties in their governments. Terrorist or not they were elected by the people they represent.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:37 pm
@Brent cv,
So which came first, the chicken or the egg?
fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 01:03 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5325 wrote:
They must be a weak people if they allow people to take things from them. But from the history books i read the palestinian land wasn't took, it was bought. After the sale they tried to take it back. I guess there still trying.
The palestinians will never get a leg up because they have themselves convinced they are victums. They poke and prode at isreal so they can scream foul when isreal relaltiates.

So how is it that you think the info you read is not biased? "selfish" I think is you, why are you not fighting along side your brothers in palestine?

You don't know your history I guess. The state of Israel was installed after WWII with British and UN assistance. There was not much "land buying" when they installed it.

Today Israel builds more settlements on lands that are not on their borders. They'll destroy Palestinian homes, saying the land is owned by the state now, or that the homes that have been owned for generations by a family have no legal permits. They then build new Jewish only settlements in those areas. Sometimes the Palestinians will have no choice but to leave, sometimes they fight. The conflict that you see on TV is usually this sort of on going land grab going on in the West Bank.

http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/israel.pdf

That's a map of the borders, even though the UN claims that building settlements on the West Bank are illegal and hinder the peace process, Israel continues to grab lands away from the Palestinians.

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpi/palestine/ch11.pdf