Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 04:01 pm
Do you think that the Israel/Hezbollah conflict was a way for Hezbollah to make a name for themselves?

I had never heard of them before the conflict so if that was their goal they suceeded.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,291 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:13 am
@Brent cv,
The most recent situation is a continuation of Hezbaollah's main goal since their bginnings during the 1982 Israel-Lebanon war .
Hezbollah , a Shiite-based "resistance" group formed in '82 , and announced itself in '85 .
A recognized terrorist group , they are one of the first in modern times to use suicide bombers and kidnappings to further their cause .
Hezbollah really has only one cause - the elimination of Israel .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
@Brent cv,
And from it's inception has been funded and i think orininated in Iran.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 06:07 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4497 wrote:
Do you think that the Israel/Hezbollah conflict was a way for Hezbollah to make a name for themselves?

I had never heard of them before the conflict so if that was their goal they suceeded.

They became the party that the Palestinians put in office...You know the Palestinians..the ones the Israel attacked and kept attacking in the Gaza Strip when they weren't supposed to be doing that? The ones the Israels kept families apart by changing neighborhoods...and bombing with sophisticated bombs the US provided?

Geeeeze, kinda makes you wonder why a nation that has been bullied would pick a group of persons not afraid to take on the schoolyard bullies as their elected officials, huh?

Have an idea now who the real terrorists are?
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 08:22 am
@Brent cv,
Not Israel.

I am fond of this quote:

Quote:
You might be a liberal if.... you look at the Middle-East and think the primary problem there is Israel, a successful, pro-American democracy, not all of the corrupt, terrorist supporting dictators and fascists who hate America, oppress their own people, and want to drive the Israelis into the sea.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:49 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4521 wrote:
Not Israel.

I am fond of this quote:

Great right wing quote. Would you be surprised if I told you I'd seen it before?

So, what do you think of the Hezbollah and their role in the Palestinian elections? Just trying to make a name for themselves?
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4545 wrote:
Great right wing quote. Would you be surprised if I told you I'd seen it before?

So, what do you think of the Hezbollah and their role in the Palestinian elections? Just trying to make a name for themselves?

So what if it is right wing? I find it true. All you keep spitting out is "left wing" things lol. I don't see how you can sit there and discredit that quote because of what side of the political spectrum it lies on.

I think Hezbollah wants Israel wiped off the planet and will take nothing less than that to make them happy. Therefore they are not actively pursuing peace and need to be dealt with accordingly.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:50 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4519 wrote:
They became the party that the Palestinians put in office...You know the Palestinians..the ones the Israel attacked and kept attacking in the Gaza Strip when they weren't supposed to be doing that? The ones the Israels kept families apart by changing neighborhoods...and bombing with sophisticated bombs the US provided?

Geeeeze, kinda makes you wonder why a nation that has been bullied would pick a group of persons not afraid to take on the schoolyard bullies as their elected officials, huh?

Quote:
They became the party that the Palestinians put in office.

They became the terrorist party the palestinians put in office. Does it make them a terrorist state, yup.
Quote:
You know the Palestinians..the ones the Israel attacked and kept attacking in the Gaza Strip when they weren't supposed to be doing that?

So how many times would you let me poke you in the chest before you take a swing? As for me i bet you don't even get that far. And while i'm preceding to knock you silly, when you say you've had enough doesn't mean i'm done. Do not get the two mixed for you will be the one suffering. That is how war works. Poor planning and execution doesnot mean our retaliation will be similar. I gaurantee it will be as disproportionate as i can manage.
Quote:
The ones the Israels kept families apart by changing neighborhoods...and bombing with sophisticated bombs the US provided?

You find that disproprotionate, too bad. War has always been that way.
Quote:

What is your opinion of Arafat? A swell guy? You seem arrogant to the fact that most of the time those palestines start most events and yet you give them a pass on there docummented transgressions, why? Why do you have them pegged as victums?
Quote:

Sure do, the one's that keep claiming they are terrorists.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:56 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4545 wrote:

I think there a self confessed terrorist orgainzation that infultrated a government body.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:59 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4553 wrote:
They became the terrorist party the palestinians put in office. Does it make them a terrorist state, yup.

So how many times would you let me poke you in the chest before you take a swing? As for me i bet you don't even get that far. And while i'm preceding to knock you silly, when you say you've had enough doesn't mean i'm done. Do not get the two mixed for you will be the one suffering. That is how war works. Poor planning and execution doesnot mean our retaliation will be similar. I gaurantee it will be as disproportionate as i can manage.

You find that disproprotionate, too bad. War has always been that way.

What is your opinion of Arafat? A swell guy? You seem arrogant to the fact that most of the time those palestines start most events and yet you give them a pass on there docummented transgressions, why? Why do you have them pegged as victums?

Sure do, the one's that keep claiming they are terrorists.

ROFL! I get it. You have no idea about what's been going on in the Middle East except what FOX news tells you....

Oh...I'm sorry...I'll keep that in mind next time....here's a little light reading you can get started on.

Jews Against the Occupation

Now, want to retract all that and start reviewing who the perpetrators of terror are here?

Have you heard this one?

Who started the terrorists there?
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:13 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4560 wrote:
ROFL! I get it. You have no idea about what's been going on in the Middle East except what FOX news tells you....

Hey, yet another pointless jab at Foxnews.

Quote:
Oh...I'm sorry...I'll keep that in mind next time....here's a little light reading you can get started on.

US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation : ACTION ALERT: Stop Israel’s Attacks on Gaza & Lebanon

Jews Against the Occupation

Now, want to retract all that and start reviewing who the perpetrators of terror are here?

You mock Foxnews yet you continue to link to organizations that have their own agenda themselves and whom are clearly bias? :dunno:
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:28 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4562 wrote:

You mock Foxnews yet you continue to link to organizations that have their own agenda themselves and whom are clearly bias? :dunno:

OMG...wrong enough long enough is so like OVER....

Prove to me these sites and their history of the Israeli occupation is wrong.....by showing me some of your sites which dispells this history...I'll wait...
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:32 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4576 wrote:
OMG...wrong enough long enough is so like OVER....

Prove to me these sites and their history of the Israeli occupation is wrong.....by showing me some of your sites which dispells this history...I'll wait...

Yet again you are missing the entire point which is to stop talking about Foxnews like it is the only biased news source on the planet. I am pointing out the hypcricy in your posts.

You claim Foxnews has a political agenda to promote Bush. You in return link to a news source that's entire reason for existence is to prove their agenda.

Point in case: Jews Against The Occupation

You are not going to go on that site and hear views of Jews For The Occupation
Get it now?
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:46 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4580 wrote:
Yet again you are missing the entire point which is to stop talking about Foxnews like it is the only biased news source on the planet. I am pointing out the hypcricy in your posts.

You claim Foxnews has a political agenda to promote Bush. You in return link to a news source that's entire reason for existence is to prove their agenda.

Point in case: Jews Against The Occupation

You are not going to go on that site and hear views of Jews For The Occupation
Get it now?

What? Where 's your source to refute it? I've yet to see one source from you. You don't want to discuss issues...you just want to badger democrats....man, you can't FIND a smart republican ANYWHERE in this internet.....
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 05:09 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4589 wrote:
.man, you can't FIND a smart republican ANYWHERE in this internet.....

They are too busy running the country.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 05:41 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4596 wrote:
They are too busy running the country.

LOL, it's the outside looking in syndrome. I find his arguments intellectually stimulating don't you?
Quote:
you can't FIND a smart republican ANYWHERE in this internet.....

Na there just the one's that have been cleaning his clock for the last few election cycles. Forest through the tree's anyone?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 08:23 am
@Brent cv,
The real problem with liberals is that they question everybody elses beliefs, but do they pass their own through such an examination, you seem to take it for granted that if FOXNEWS is being influenced by the US government there might be oposing parties doing the same? You repent the terrorist actions Israel has been facing since its establishment. Now tell me if such actions are justifiable wouldn't those commited by other terrorists say in another nation also be justified. Oh I don't know, maybe for example the 9/11 bombings? Of course they are is no manner of righteousness in those acts, and to say so would be monstrous, yet that is what you are professing, are you aware of the imensity of your words? You say there are no smart republicans, I say there are no open-minded democrats, because you question everything except the fact that you are open-minded. You complain that Brent just wants to "badger democrats", yet you so quickly forget that it was you who started attacking the current US government , and therforth the republican party(I doubt I have to remind you: republican majority and a republican in the White House). You ask for sources, yet you also say that the ones anyone present are corrupt, havnt you ever realised that information depends on interpretation and so can and is twisted. The only way for you to form a complete opinion is to actually witness every moment, which is impossible. So stop complaining about things you also do and try to play nice.
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 06:14 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4589 wrote:
What? Where 's your source to refute it? I've yet to see one source from you. You don't want to discuss issues...you just want to badger democrats....man, you can't FIND a smart republican ANYWHERE in this internet.....

I think you would denigrate ANY source presented if it didn't fit YOUR idea of truth .
I also resent your supposition that there are NO smart Republicans on the internet . I count myself , along with several right here on this site , and many more on the WWW ( World Wide Web ) . Your definition of smart is fatally flawed , my friend !
Casting aspersions on Fox News only shows your true thought process , which is to follow the Liberal trend and drink their Kool-Aid , rather than expand your mind by at least reading opposing views so you can compare "facts" and then form an opinion based on those facts .
By the way - I rarely catch any of the news from Fox News .
This forum is a good example of viewpoints being aired for consideration , and is becoming popular because all sides are welcome to post , as long as posters are sincere and knowledgeable enough to consider the opposite view . Some have even changed their view due to discussions here .
Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:47 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4562 wrote:

Prove to me my sources are wrong with sources of yours...

You just whine about things and don't really debate nor offer anything of substance and solution to your opinion. Either read about why you feel the way you do, or don't participate. It would seem to make a much more enjoyable discussion to have some republican actually have valid sources to use and offer up.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:48 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;4662 wrote:
I think you would denigrate ANY source presented if it didn't fit YOUR idea of truth .
I also resent your supposition that there are NO smart Republicans on the internet . I count myself , along with several right here on this site , and many more on the WWW ( World Wide Web ) . Your definition of smart is fatally flawed , my friend !
Casting aspersions on Fox News only shows your true thought process , which is to follow the Liberal trend and drink their Kool-Aid , rather than expand your mind by at least reading opposing views so you can compare "facts" and then form an opinion based on those facts .
By the way - I rarely catch any of the news from Fox News .
This forum is a good example of viewpoints being aired for consideration , and is becoming popular because all sides are welcome to post , as long as posters are sincere and knowledgeable enough to consider the opposite view . Some have even changed their view due to discussions here .

Sayeth the person who has yet to offer ANY source of his endless and mindless and unsubstantiated opinions.....what a bore...