Michael Moore to release two new "Documentaries"

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:06 pm
It looks like Michael Moore is at it again with his same old tired liberal bias "documentaries".

One is called Sicko in which he tackles the Health Insurance Business and the other is called Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2 in which he continues the Bush bashing from the first Fahrenheit 9/11.

Michael Moore's history of documentaries shows that viewers of these two films will be treated to not a documentary of actual facts presented in a fair and balanced manner but instead it will be presented in a format that twists facts to fit his agenda, which no doubt will include constant Bush basing and attacks on the right wing as a whole. You will be treated to edited interviews in which only parts that support his cause will be shown.

His 2 most popular "documentaries" include Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11. These "documentaries" have come under heavy fire for their heavy liberal bias and for spinning facts until it almost ends up being an outright lie. His Fahrenheit 9/11 video even prompted a response from a former aide to President Clinton, whom also runs and operates vote.com, Dick Morris in an documentary called Fahrenhype 9/11. A web page also has listed Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 9/11.

My question is how long will the Democratic party embrace Michael Moore, whom was given a seat along side former President Jimmy Carter at the DNC in 2004?

You tried to influence the election in 2004 Mr. Moore and failed. I forsee the same results in 2008 for your two latest movies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 30,612 • Replies: 70
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:56 pm
@Brent cv,
That's how the game goes, set them up so we can knock them down! What Joy! Sooner or later the real Dem party will stand up to these perps that have taken over there party.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 12:58 pm
@Brent cv,
I look forward to that day.

Who do you think associates with the "real democratic party"?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
@Brent cv,
Moderates if i understand you right.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
@Brent cv,
Right but as far as names go, who do you like in the Democratic party and feel would represent the beliefs of that parties core beliefs the best?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:26 pm
@Brent cv,
Well Lieberman of course maybe Rep. William Jefferson (D.-La.)
0 Replies

DecencyAdvocate

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 10:38 pm
@Brent cv,
I have only one basic thing to say in Michael Moore's defense here. It is not Moore who has made a mockery of intelligent, civil political dialogue in this country, but Republicans of Bush ilk.

Recall that moment during one of Bill Clinton's State-of-the-Union addresses, when the camera momentarily focussed on a sneering Tom Delay and Dick Armey.

Recall in 2004 as well as 2002 Bush going to New Jersey and smearing Democrats as unpatriotic and supporters of terrorism. Recall the RNC pairing the photos of Max Cleland with Osama bin Laden, in order to get Saxby Chambliss elevated to the Senate.

Recall the continuing mixed-message attacks by the members of the Bush administration, Rice, Cheney, and Bush himself, now trying to appear reasonable, while disseminating insulting, charged, conflicting opinions and stories on what's going on in Iraq. Today Rice and Cheney still spout tired lies about the connection between Iraq and WMD, lies long ago refuted by people who were on the spot with the inspections, such as ex-Marine Scott Ridder.

In general, at every turn, the approach of Bush people and Bush supporters has been to sow confusion in the public mind, to ridicule and destroy anyone who disagrees with them, all the while fiercely guarding their own alleged prerogative to keep secret their doings. To this day, the public still is not allowed to know who was present at the infamous energy-policy meetings.

Last but not least, consider the likes of Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, who despite their own personal and legal difficulties, continue to ridicule Bush's critics and opponents with only filty and insulting labels.

Consider Cheney's use of the F-word on the open Senate floor, while the slightest touch of profanity on network or public radio or TV still gets bleeped out.

For a start, try reading Richard Clarke's Against all Enemies. The man is a high-quality government official who served in both Republican and Democratic administrations.

The tiring tragedy in this nation, is not the attempts by the Michael Moores of this world to buck the power establishment. Moore is only trying to shake stressed-out Americans out of the delusion and stupor imposed them, as they struggle to make ends meet, by a repressive media who has largely sold out to a ruthlessly greedy, power-hungry oligarchy. The scary thing is the way that the Bush people, the RNC, and karl Rove, who in his youth is said to have admired Adolph Hitler, have so far stolen enough votes, destroyed enough Democratic votes, to convince just enough Americans to vote against their own real interest.

The Bush people have in fact abused the natural idealism of the American people, who have been so far seduced by vague promises of "the rapture" into throwing their wealth away and feeding the pockets of this morally rotten bunch who now have the nation in their grip.

One of the many tired lies floating around is, for example, the one which has George Bush a "religious man." When Bush met up with Karl Rove years ago, I suspect that he had not so much a religous as a political epiphany, when Rove sold him on the idea that he could ride the coattails of evangelicals to power.

If you think Michael Moore and his relentless attacks on the corrupt polltical bunch now controlling things are the problem, you need to open your eyes and ears, start using your head, and connecting some dots.

Or as Bill Mayer said a few years ago before he was kicked off network TV, "What do you expect, when you put two oil men into the White House?"
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 10:52 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
I have only one basic thing to say in Michael Moore's defense here.

It looks like you have more then one thing to say?
Quote:
It is not Moore who has made a mockery of intelligent, civil political dialogue in this country, but Republicans of Bush ilk.

Have you been to his web site? How bout Move on or Ko's? It also comes from the haters of bush ilk. Ever listen to the ilk of the left? Shehan, Dean, Pelosi, Kennedy. Or are you biased? Is there still free speech in this country?
"What do you expect, when you put two oil men into the White House?" the same when you put an adulterer/Liar in the same office.
DecencyAdvocate

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:08 pm
@Drnaline,
Yes, Brent, it's still one basic point. Think about it.

"What do you expect, when you put two oil men into the White House?" the same when you put an adulterer/Liar in the same office.

That's exactly the kind of slip-shod equation that needs to be examined. Baloney. It's not "the same."
0 Replies

DecencyAdvocate

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:10 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4626 wrote:
It looks like you have more then one thing to say?

It's still one basic point, Brent, think about it.

This is the kind of slip-shod equation that needs not to be taken for granted and to be examined.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:20 pm
@Brent cv,
He isn't Brent... I am lol
0 Replies

Cesar cv

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:02 am
@Brent cv,
Well I think Michael Moore documentaries are very liberal, but in today's world I think is necessary in some aspect, for example, a person has to be so naive to believe all that BS that the government told us about 9/11 crap. From the beginning a lot of people thought that the government was involved directly or indirectly. Can nobody knows that 9/11 was just an excuse to go to Irak to benefits some companies like Halliburton who Dick Cheany was his CEO just several years ago.

The U.S. thinks it is the owner of the whole world, and if for some reason the U.S. government was not involved in 9/11 I just want to said one line of dialog that appear in an Oliver Stone movie (Platoon)

"United States had been kicking ass for a long time, it is time that our will be kick as well"
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 08:54 am
@Brent cv,
Liberal means open not centered in any idea, but in flexible opinions, I have yet to see the day when Mr Moore presents any issue fully, as concerning his constant questioning of the US government he pointedly forgets to mention the pressures suffered by those in office. You say the common man also suffers the same stress, then why are you not more simpathetic to your similars? You say the republican party has had numerous scandals, but you don't mention the ones that lead back to the democrats, that isn't very liberal of you is it now? The USA may cross the line of fanaticism in their propagation of captalist views, but to acuse them of murdering thousands on american citzens for a chance to bomb Afganistan is absurd. Here is a quote from a press confrence posted on this site : Aug 21 “You know, I've heard this theory about everything was just fine until we arrived, and kind of "we're going to stir up the hornet's nest" theory. It just doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned. The terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda in the Middle East.”
Reporter’s Question : “What did Iraq have to do with that?”
President Bush : “What did Iraq have to do with what?”
Reporter’s Question : “The attack on the World Trade Center?”
President Bush responded : “Nothing…”
He then went on in what reads like a fluster about how no one in his administration ever suggested that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack.
Reality cv

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:03 am
@markx15,
I can see that Markx15 also believes in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. So what do you want for Santa to give you for Christmas little buddy?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:36 am
@Brent cv,
lol, I'm sorry, but you forgot to quote exactly what you thought was so prepostrous to warant such a degrading response.
markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:39 am
@markx15,
If you are suggesting that this press confrence was a fab I believe it would be interesting for you to visit this link:
http://www.conflictingviews.com/490-august-21-a.html
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:04 am
@Brent cv,
So Moore is an eccentric politically oriented hack...so are the people who made the Republican movie version of 911 just released...so what... Extremist political animals like Moore and these other idiots only have the power you give them. Ignore them and analyse the facts as they are not as you wish them to be and make a deductive decision based on logic and both sides of this idiotic culture war will eventually go away...I hope
jonnyreb49

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:24 am
@Brent cv,
Why would liberals bash Bush? Based on his spending record and his growing the Fedearl Government, is Bush is not leading FDR to be the world record liberal of all liberals of all time?
oleo

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:36 pm
@jonnyreb49,
What makes "Sicko" a political documentary? It deals with the healthcare and health insurance industries, which aren't political businesses.

Alas, everything is politicized in this day and age, because the bottom line is that "conservatism" and "republicanism" have come to represent a defense of corporatism, the business establishment and supply-side economics at every turn and against any questioning - no matter how valid.

As for direct political involvement, Moore does nothing differently from Limbaugh, Coulter, Malkin, or Rove, for that matter. Stupid times call for shameful methods to manipulate the stupid. I certainly wish that the average American sought out the objective truth on their own, but there seems to be a lack of interest in that and things would certainly work a lot different if that were the case.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!"
- HL Mencken
Brent cv

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:42 pm
@oleo,
oleo;4648 wrote:
What makes "Sicko" a political documentary? It deals with the healthcare and health insurance industries, which aren't political businesses.

Michael Moore makes it political. Just like Bowling for Columbine was about guns yet it was made political by him. He will find some way to make it political.

Quote:
As for direct political involvement, Moore does nothing differently from Limbaugh, Coulter, Malkin, or Rove, for that matter. Stupid times call for shameful methods to manipulate the stupid. I certainly wish that the average American sought out the objective truth on their own, but there seems to be a lack of interest in that and things would certainly work a lot different if that were the case.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!"
- HL Mencken

So what. Why do liberals always point out that the right has Ann Coulter? People with common sense know this. That doesn't mean the right should stop attacking Michael Moore because Michael Moore is going to continue to try to do the same things that Ann Coulter does. As long as they are doing what they are doing both sides have a right to fernd for their beliefs.