Federal Judge Rules Pledge in School Unconstitutional

Brent cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:13 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
In Common Sense We Trust...

That would be about as hyprocitical as a nigra at a Klan meeting. (no offense meant for "african" americans)

I didnt mean put that onto the dollar bill Laughing
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:14 pm
@Brent cv,
Oh, I know. I was just trying to make light of a serious situation in a drunken state. Smile
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:15 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
All I really have to say about this is silent majority.

All we hear about are those outspoken "gimme my 15 seconds of fame" people.

So there can't be more people that agree with these "gimmie my 15 minutes of fame" people but choose to sit at home and watch tv with their family?

You seem to think that the only people that do not speak out are the ones that disagree with the person pushing for this....

I believe personally there are alot more people like me that believe that it should not be there but believe there are many more things to put ahead of this issue.

Brad himself agreed with me within this thread....
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:19 pm
@Brent cv,
Oh, I'm 100% positive that there are others out there who agree with this tool, but they are NOT in the majority.

I said silent majority, not silent rest of the US.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:20 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Oh, I'm 100% positive that there are others out there who agree with this tool, but they are NOT in the majority.

I said silent majority, not silent rest of the US.

hmm I think that if you got the numbers it would be real close to even.... just me though
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:33 pm
@Brent cv,
Hmm. A poll would be useful. Not of the site. of the nation.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:49 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Hmm. A poll would be useful. Not of the site. of the nation.

Exactly my thoughts

I think it should be debated and then left up to the people to decide...

I mean seriosuly debated in front of America just like within this thread... no body watches CSPAN sadly and no one sees half of the debates on the issues facing America.

That needs to change
Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:33 am
@Brent cv,
Well this subject has been debated many times and the poll that counts has been done many times - the Vote . If so many are in favor of removing God from the pledge and the money , why have our representatives in government and the courts not done so? The poll of the people is in the elections , local , staTewide , and national , and such changes have not been made yet . Even this most recent case will probably be rescinded by the Supreme Court . Doesn't that sound like the majority is in favor of keeping the status quo ?
ndjs

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:49 am
@Brent cv,
The majority almost always is in the favor of maintaining the status quo.

Another point I might bring up, is that our leaders are for the most part proud Christians of some sort. Or at the very least they proclaim to be. Apparently this helps win their vote, so what does that tell you about the voters?
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:50 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
Well this subject has been debated many times and the poll that counts has been done many times - the Vote . If so many are in favor of removing God from the pledge and the money , why have our representatives in government and the courts not done so? The poll of the people is in the elections , local , staTewide , and national , and such changes have not been made yet . Even this most recent case will probably be rescinded by the Supreme Court . Doesn't that sound like the majority is in favor of keeping the status quo ?

So you maintain keeping something in effect even though it is found unconstitutional just because the majority want it?

I think I pretty much proved the government is promoting a religion with putting god anywhere on their property or pledge etc.

That is unconstitutional.... and wrong... but hey if the majority wants it..... I dont agree with that.. but whatever.... I have said my piece in this thread
Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:06 pm
@Brent cv,
#1 -It has NOT been proven unconstitutional - only declared so by a judge in one court , it will go to the Supreme Court where a ruling of constitutionalty will be made .
#2 You have not proven anything yet - just repeating your belief does not "prove" anything .
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:54 pm
@Brent cv,
I'm with Curmudgeon. It will be proved Constitutional most likely.
Brent cv

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:21 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
I'm with Curmudgeon. It will be proved Constitutional most likely.

Proved Constitutional because it is or proved constitutional because the religous people want to put Religion everywhere because they are the majority and they can do that.... including our Government?

I am not debating that the majority rules.. I knwo they do in this country.

That can be a bad thing however... the majority is not always right in their decisions
Brent cv

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:23 pm
@ndjs,
How have I not proved it?

The definition of religion is:

A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny;

Is god not a supernatural power and by putting him on our government buildings, money and in a pledge cited everyday in school are we not promoting that religion?

Is the Supreme Court suppose to dismiss this definition?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:45 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Proved Constitutional because it is or proved constitutional because the religous people want to put Religion everywhere because they are the majority and they can do that.... including our Government?

I am not debating that the majority rules.. I knwo they do in this country.

That can be a bad thing however... the majority is not always right in their decisions

Does it matter why?
Brent cv

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:05 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Does it matter why?

To me yes... like I said the majority is not always right....
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:35 pm
@Brent cv,
Maybe not, but if the Supreme Court sides with the majority, it makes them 'right' at least for the time being.
Brent cv

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:43 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Maybe not, but if the Supreme Court sides with the majority, it makes them 'right' at least for the time being.

Sides or pressured to side?

Just putting it out there....
Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 08:46 pm
@Brent cv,
"pressured" ????? How and by whom ?
And you still have proven nothing except that you believe a certain way . Once again , simply restating your belief is not proof .
It has been debated many times and is still on the money and in the Pledge because of its historical importance and because it is the will of a vast majority of the people .
ndjs

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 08:49 pm
@Brent cv,
The Supreme Court is Supreme... There's not any more steps on the corporate ladder, they have no reason to vote a certain way except to say "hey thanks for gettin me here"
0 Replies