Did Man Set Foot On The Moon In The 60s, 70,s Or Ever?

parados

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:33 pm
@mark noble,
well, I haven't seen the video yet but the stills support it.
mark noble

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:35 pm
@parados,
Hi Parados!

How do you know I'm not pulling all of your legs?

Kind regards!
Mark...
parados

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:40 pm
@mark noble,
How do you know I'm not aware of how much a wanker you are?
mark noble

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:42 pm
@parados,
Hi Parados!

Is that necessary? Does it make you feel all manly?

Kind regards!
Mark...
parados

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:43 pm
@mark noble,
You're the wanker. Feel what you will.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:44 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
I'm not sceptical, I just don't believe the 69 took place. It's not because I want or don't want to - It's because it didn't take place.

And that is how pseudo-science is done. Start with the answer and try to work your way back, ignoring all the facts that work against you. I've read the reasons why people believe we didn't land on the moon and they don't hold water. The science behind their errors is not even particularly hard. They are very similar to the arguments against evolution - scientific sounding and complete enough to withstand a cursory glance, but pretty empty when examined in the light. Just the argument that thousands of people in a dozen countries, some not particularly fond of the US, would have to have been in on it should be enough for you to lean towards the moon landing being legit. Consider this: thousands watched a rocket take off (live, not on TV). You can see objects orbiting the earth by eye or with a set of binoculars. (Sputnik was visible to the eye.) A landing capsule fell to Earth, also capable of being seen by eye when it entered the atmosphere. So where did the rocket go? How did the capsule get into space so that it could be seen flaming into the atmosphere? If it was staged ahead of time, how come no one noticed it? How extreme a story do you need to concoct so that you can ignore the simple story that the moon landing happened?
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:48 pm
Hi Engineer!

I have NO doubt Apollo 11 took off with all three astronauts aboard, and I believe it sat approximately 350 to 600 miles above the earth for the duration of alleged event.

What is my next flaw?

Kind regards!
Mark...
BillRM

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:17 pm
@mark noble,
First the orbit period for anything orbiting the earth at 600 miles is a great deal less then the moon at 230 thousands so the results is that your radio signal from the ship would every few hours be on the other side of the earth from the moon and that might give even ham radio people a clue that the ship is not near the moon!!!

No one with any understanding of physics is going to buy into the idea that a ship orbiting the earth at 600 miles can pretend to be anywhere near the moon.

engineer

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:00 pm
@mark noble,
The flaw is that is would be visible there.
BillRM

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:10 pm
@engineer,
Depending on the orbit it might not be detector in a short times of days however with an orbit period of less then 24 hours it sure would not be able to pretend with radio communication that it is any where need the moon or on the way to the moon.
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:12 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Engineer!

I have NO doubt Apollo 11 took off with all three astronauts aboard, and I believe it sat approximately 350 to 600 miles above the earth for the duration of alleged event.

What is my next flaw?

You know this also states that those trained professionals are nothing more than liars? Seriously? These men were highly trained, not after they entered the astronaut program but before it. They all had college degrees and high academic achievements and military training. You mean to tell me that they chose to lie about going to the moon? For what? Money? Fame? Seriously? You know Buzz Aldrin punched a guy in the face for yelling at him about not going to the moon. I doubt a person in Buzz's position would punch someone if it all were just a lie. Who defends a lie that much to punch a guy in the face for it? But I can definitely see how obnoxious and annoying it is to have some asshole walk up to you and tell you, where you had not gone. I would punch the guy too just like you need to be punched to wake up.
DrewDad

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:15 pm
@BillRM,
They could have orbited a manned mission at 600 miles, and sent an unmanned probe with a repeater to the moon, then broadcast to the repeater using a directional antenna.

It toooootally makes sense.
Thomas

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:32 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

The radio communications between Apollo 11 and ground control were out there for everyone to monitor. So if you believe Apollo 11 sat approximately 350 to 600 miles above the Earth, you're believing that the Soviets either didn't intercept NASA's radio traffic with the vessel, or didn't notice it was coming from low orbit, or were too tender-hearted to exploit one of the greatest propaganda opportunities of their generation. If you sincerely believe this is more realistic than the Moon landing having happened, be my guest.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:42 pm
@Krumple,
Why argue with Mark Noble on this statement?
Quote:

....I believe it sat approximately 350 to 600 miles above the earth

Does this sound to you like he means Apollo was in geosynchronous orbit? Or does his "it sat" mean the capsule was hovering in some unrelated inertial frame of reference? Did we really discover antigravity 40+ years ago and told nobody? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

electronicmail

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:45 pm
@DrewDad,
Yeah, totally, radio waves were beamed to the moon and back from Area 51 in Nevada. You didn't think of that one, and Mark Noble did. So there Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:54 pm
@DrewDad,
Oh? Let see that would add roughly two more seconds of delay in commuication between the ground and the ship or more when the ship in on the other side of the earh. Something a little hard to hide.
DrewDad

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 11:26 pm
@BillRM,
Everything was scripted, anyway. The astronauts just spoke at their cues, like they'd been trained to do.
BillRM

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 05:18 am
@DrewDad,
Right my friend and once more to those who are not aware that you are kidding not even with the technology we now how would faking it not be a billion times harder task then just going there in the first place.

With 1960s to 1950s technology it could not had been done at all and we did indeed landed on the moon.

There is an emotional need to believed in nonsense and the internet is a tool to allow such nonsense to spread.

One wonder when someone is researching this time period in a future where they themselves had visited the Apollo landing sites and is looking at the endless postings on this silly subject what they will conclused.

0 Replies

parados

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 07:17 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

They could have orbited a manned mission at 600 miles, and sent an unmanned probe with a repeater to the moon, then broadcast to the repeater using a directional antenna.

It toooootally makes sense.

Or maybe they sent a manned mission to the moon to plant the repeater. Yeah, that's it.

Plus they had to put in repeater satellites to counter the fact that the orbiter wasn't always on the same side of the moon.

They probably had to put up about 6 satellites. Then they had to have directional microwave technology so their rebroadcasts couldn't have been picked up by anyone listening on earth. That means they needed some sort of propulsion on all those satellites to keep them facing the correct way. I bet they used a matter/antimatter engine of some kind.
BillRM

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 07:58 am
@parados,
What I love is Mark opinion that someone who post a few short Youto videos that have no firm background of where it come from should be given the same weight as tens of thousands of men and women all over the world who took part in the moon landing project or who monitor it for unfriendly governments or the ten of thousands of films and rocks and data downloads that the project generated.

He seem to have a strong emotional need to think that the Apollos landings did not happen as there is no logic reason to question those landings.