I was outraged, should I have been?

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 02:10 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Your ex-GF abused you, and she has created dissension in a marriage relationship, and now all she can say is she feels bad? She needs to be saying she feels bad to the people she got between, not you.
the ex-GF has nothing to feel bad about, the relationship between two other people is not her business, unless she held a gun to this guys head and demanded to sleep over (presumably to ****). Most likely she does not feel bad, when said she did so was probably actually trying to manipulate some emotional connection with the EX, which failed.

To the OP: you did the right thing, there was nothing for you to gain by playing along, beside perhaps some sex.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 06:28 pm
@chai2,
I take the opposite side, sometimes, to counter ignorance.

The man who made that decision to allow the former GF to sleep over made his decision and it was his alone. If they had sex, why would he have allowed the OP's former GF to stay so long as to ensure that there was an issue?

There is so much we all don't know but you pass out advice like you've know the people forever.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Chai, you don't know what has transpired and though your advice is good general advice, it doesn't follow that it's for all adults.

You don't know what the relationship was between that man and the former GF, or for that matter, the relationship between that man and his wife. Perhaps they had split and I recall you, just recently, telling a poster that she had no right putting any measure of control upon her ex.

Wanna try for a little consistency?
0 Replies

sirxavier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:49 am
@sirxavier,
Thanks again all for taking the time to reply, I appreciate truly appreciate it.

@chai: She did say that he said that he and his wife were hmm what were the words... "not close", and gave me the impression that she(the wife) was not supposed to show up. I really don't know any more details regarding that, although it feels somewhat wrong to me. What hurts me is that she is doing those things 1 months after we broke up, and then tells me about it. She must know I couldn't possibly forget her so quickly, I am not that cold hearted, and although we had a conflicted relationship, I do believe we had strong feelings for each other.

Anyways I guess it's not that bad, this let me know her better and helped me make a better decision, you guys have made me understand this situation better, and I can say I can feel a little better now that I can see the big picture clearer.

ps @Joe Nation: lol that brought a smile to my face.
stevecook172001

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 06:52 am
@sirxavier,
sirxavier wrote:

Broke up with my girlfriend about a month ago. She was selfish and abusive and I felt bad all the time.

Today morning she called me because she did something "bad". What was it? She went out with a friend yesterday(I know from before she liked him and used to flirt with him before we were together) and then they went to his home. According to her she didn't want to go all the way back to her home and he is moving today and he had two bedrooms, so she decided to stay in his home yesterday night. According to her as well, she slept in the other bedroom, not with him, and in the morning his wife arrived, and she asked a lot of questions of yesterday, and according to her, that made her feel bad. When I asked her why she called me specifically, she said she thought we could be friends and help her go through this experience. I was outraged. I told her I didn't feel sorry for her and to never call me again. I wonder if I overreacted, but I feel she just cares about herself, as for me I am not going to call the girl I broke up with one month ago to ask her for advice on my romantic misadventures, out of a little respect.

What do you guys think?

She sounds like she is all over the place and has rung you because you represent a period of time when she had some order in her life.

I don't know about the wasting the energy of being outraged. However, I do think I would probably be also inclined to ask her not to ring and to sort her own **** out.

On the other hand, if I still loved her, I would probably just be glad for her renewed attention.

Humans are funny old things.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 06:58 am
@sirxavier,
sirxavier wrote:

@chai: She did say that he said that he and his wife were hmm what were the words... "not close", and gave me the impression that she(the wife) was not supposed to show up. I really don't know any more details regarding that, although it feels somewhat wrong to me.

Honey, that's the oldest story in the book when a married man wants to get you in bed, and that easiest story to believe if you're the woman who wants to get into it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 07:38 am
I still don't understand WHY she felt she had to share this little bit of drama with you.

You need to figure this out.

What is her intention??
stevecook172001

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 07:40 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I still don't understand WHY she felt she had to share this little bit of drama with you.

You need to figure this out.

What is her intention??

She sounds like an attention seeker who also has a low boredom threshold
0 Replies