Setanta wrote:
Narcissus Gentel.

O irony, thy name is Setanta!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:12 pm
@Setanta,
<yawn>

(You don't hold grudges, but you remember every time someone has crossed you....)
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Couldn't get resist the opportunity to get another slur in, could you, Mr. Manners?

I was raised to be polite, too, and it stands me in good stead every day. I was also raised to believe that if someone is abusive of you, you strike back to discourage them. RG's history of attacking me goes back years.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:15 pm
@DrewDad,
Works a treat with you, even when you are not the subject of the discussion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:16 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Your memory lapses conveniently for you.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:16 pm
@DrewDad,
He doesn't "remember" he just makes it up, changing details as he goes along. It's absolute nonsense that this is a long-standing grudge he has with me based on those claimed exchanged, his obsessive TTH imitation is much more recent than the stories he's trying to dredge up as the excuse for it and has everything to do with when I started openly criticizing his incessant trolling.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:19 pm
@Setanta,
There are ways to have private conversations. If you post to a public forum, then you should expect the community to read and reply if they choose.

In other words: it's your own damned fault. If you act like a chickenshit in public, then people will probably point at you and call you a chickenshit.
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:20 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No, i don't make them up. If i were more clever with the search function, i'd find the examples for you. The thing about this is, for years i let it go. When you told me, recently, that you'd go after me any time i posted something you didn't like, i then decided that i'd pull no punches with you.

You made your bed, and now you're whining about being obliged to lie in it. I'd long since have just ignored all of this, had it not been for that comment of yours. I'd not have started this tread if you hadn't jumped into that thread by that little **** Mark Noble to make your comment about me.

If you intend to go after me every time i post something you don't like, i intend to return the compliment.
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:21 pm
@DrewDad,
Or make such a claim, and call names, when it is not true, and it doesn't concern them. There's an hilarious irony in being described as a troll by someone who then refers to me as "a chickenshit."
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:22 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
When you told me, recently, that you'd go after me any time i posted something you didn't like...

Liar. Show me.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:25 pm
@Setanta,
"Troll" and "chickenshit" are pretty much synonymous.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:37 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That's a hint, right? A rather obvious one?

You should realize, after 5 years of my posts, that I don't hint. I say what I mean. Also, satire and innuendo are not beyond the realm of possibility in my posts. Make of it as you will.

You have been on me since I got here but I am still here and have actually come to appreciate some of what you write. Your satire and innuendo are not lost on me.

You could, however, lighten up a bit and look at the sunny side of things rather than the dark. It is so much more refreshing.

Robert has said things to me in posts that I have not taken kindly to as well. I don't consider that a personal thing, but rather perhaps a bit of misunderstanding of how I say things. He has done an outstanding job of putting this site together and I, for one, do appreciate his efforts.

Part of the problem is that you are both highly intelligent personalities and oneupmanship seems to come into the equation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:19 pm
In April, 2004, Iron Lion Zion responded to a post by Brooke by saying: "Awesome. Just don't vote. Or reproduce."

(ILZ's attack on Brooke.)

I went after him for it, and you attacked my criticisms, employing your usual strawman techniques.

(Original CdK attack on my criticism of ILZ)

Eventually, you admitted that you might have been, at least in part, wrong.

(CdK admission of fault for some of his comments)

Now, as i've said, i'm not very good at the search function here. There are lots of things i do well, but that's not one of them. However, i suspect that by dint of enough effort, i would be able to find the relatively recent post in which you said that any time i posted something you don't like, you were going to attack me.

So, you have a choice. You could lay off, and so will i, because i really don't bear grudges. Intrepid and Snood once stalked me through the threads because of remarks i made to the member who once called herself Momma Angel. They both eventually desisted, and i've borne them no ill will. I don't bear grudges, but i have a good memory, so i don't forget bullshit such as can be found in the thread i've linked above.

So don't call me a liar, and don't say i make things up, because these are not lies, and with enough effort, i can demonstrate the fact.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:21 pm
@Setanta,
I don't stalk. I follow. Smile
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:21 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Calling names doesn't make your case. With enough effort (if i have the time, and if i want to devote my time to that), i can probably find that post. If i do, i'll come back here to post it.

Keep in mind that you made sneers about my claim regarding the remark made to Brooke--but i've just demonstrated that it happened, and happened essentially as i've described it.

Now bring on some more straw men--that's your strong suit.
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:22 pm
@DrewDad,
So is troll and anyone who calls other people chickenshit while attempting to take a moral tone.

Clown.
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:23 pm
@Intrepid,
It was the hot breath on my neck that got on my last nerve . . .
DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:25 pm
@Setanta,
Please note that I did not call you a chickenshit in that post. ("If you act like a chickenshit....")

But whatevs.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:27 pm
@Setanta,
You don't hold a grudge... but you remember it after six years.

Riiiiiiight.
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:30 pm
@DrewDad,
Oh yeah, right . . . that was just an idle observation offered without reference to the thread.

Clown.