dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, I'm not only willing to be cordial and polite, I thrive on it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 03:53 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
Yes, I'm not only willing to be cordial and polite, I thrive on it.
Everyone knows that, Bob.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Some of us r willing to be cordial n polite.

This, of course, is nonsense. With this joker, it is very much a case of whose ox has been gored. When the subject is his obsessional condemnation of gun control, all of his cordiality goes out the window. One of his favorite figures is that of gun control advocates dieing on their knees, begging for their lives. I have most recently seen him trot this out in a response to Parados. Parados can use an acid sarcasm, but i've never known him to use personal reflections unless repeatedly attacked himself. Certainly i've never known him to address David in terms such as David was using in his response to what Parados had posted.

Quite apart from that, mere cordiality is no measure of either virtue or morality. Hitler was said to have been very fond of his dog.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:10 pm
@Setanta,
I heard Mussolini was a cat guy...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:20 pm
@dyslexia,
i'd like a cordial and some polenta
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:23 pm
@Ragman,
There are stopped while all the new development is going on.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:25 pm
I certainly have a personal grudge against RG. Many years ago, one **** who used to post here told Brooke that in view of her religious beliefs, she should not be allowed to reproduce. I went after him for it, and anyone who has been paying attention over the years knows that i am not a defender of religion or religious views. What was RG's response? He attacked me for it. He employed on of his favorite techniques, the straw man. I don't recall all of them, but one was to claim that i touted myself as an expert on the French language, a false statement which he later acknowledged himself. He decided eventually to forgive me for having been to object of his irrational attack. But this established a pattern which he has pursued over the years.

Ionus routinely addressed me as **** for brains, and accuses Farmerman of senility and obsessive masturbation. This has been a result of both of us contradicting his dicta. I've never seen RG go after Ionus. H2Oman attacks those who disagree with him politically in a vicious manner, often slandering their mothers and "accusing" them of being homosexuals and cowards. I've never seen RG comment on his "contributions." One might allege that i were paranoid, were it not for the fact that recently (certainly within the last six months, and i believe, more recently) he has said that he will go after me whenever i post anything he doesn't like. All of this while he ignores people who can be alleged to be at least as "bad" as i am, if not actually worse.

He admits that he considers this place to be his playground--and once again, he shows no consideration for long-term members. Personally, i find the new format unnecessarily annoying, but i can navigate it. I suspect, though, that the frequent changes he makes gradually drive off those who have long been resident posters here, i doubt that he cares. Ragman accuses me of being narcissistic, but really, he should examine RG's posting history for evidence of that.

One of the features of his narcissism is his preening himself on his vocabulary. I remain unimpressed. For example, referring to me as a troglodyte is hilariously idiotic. I suspect that those who live in caves don't have internet access.

Maybe someday RG will grow up, and be worth talking to. Until that time, i'll just talk about him, and if it pisses him off, so much the better.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:46 pm
Well hello everybody....I haven't visited for a while and stopped in to see what's going on. This is the first thread I happened on and even though I read the entire thing I can't tell what the hell the problem is. Are all the discussions like this???? I sure hope not because when A2K started it was a haven for discourse and humor. But then again, maybe all the previous remarks were humorous and I just didn't get the joke. I'll poke around some more and hope there is lighter air in other threads. Cheers and good luck.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Hey there!!!
Quote:
Are all the discussions like this????

Hell no, this one is from Bizarro land

Quote:
hope there is lighter air in other threads

Hell yes, but not all.
Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:02 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
. . . from Bizarro land

Also sometimes referred to as Ontario.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:22 pm
@Setanta,
I loved the Bizarro World episode of Seinfeld.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:34 am
@Setanta,
You have the most elaborate grudges and back stories for your outbursts. I wish those who claim you don't hold grudges and that you are a ray of sunshine having fun here would notice. I also wish you'd one day actually substantiate one of them (I have no idea what you are on about in half that story, but with no actual details you can get away with that, which is a neat trick) but to answer your sophomoric "they do too" (Tu quoque fallacy) arguments:

Setanta wrote:
I've never seen RG go after Ionus.

First, this is tu quoque. Next, I have seen it and so has he, I've told him many times that he's destroying a discussion and asked him to stop.

I guess that just means you aren't omniscient and that there's a greater likelihood that you notice and see things about you and directed at you than that about others and directed at others.

%%%%%%%%%%%☆

Quote:
H2Oman attacks those who disagree with him politically in a vicious manner, often slandering their mothers and "accusing" them of being homosexuals and cowards. I've never seen RG comment on his "contributions."

Again, tu quoque.

I personally think banning is a more appropriate response to that kind of forum flooding trolling but am again unsurprised that you see more about you than about others.

Still, I think your argument is off to a bad start if you have to compare yourself to these guys in a tu quoque.

Quote:
He admits that he considers this place to be his playground--and once again, he shows no consideration for long-term members.

Don't try to don the mantle of "long-term members" as your pretext for your outbursts. The overwhelming majority of members here are polite and have social graces.

Quote:
One of the features of his narcissism is his preening himself on his vocabulary. I remain unimpressed. For example, referring to me as a troglodyte is hilariously idiotic. I suspect that those who live in caves don't have internet access.

Actually, it's just because your personality reminds me of a classic Mike Reed cartoon about forum flame warriors. You are the first person I've ever encountered to portray troglodyte as a vocabulary word anyone would preen about or to take it as literally as you do. Cavemen shouldn't have internet access, but you sure couldn't tell from surfing the internet. Here's Reed's troglodyte cartoon. It's spot on.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8762/troglodyte.jpg

Quote:
Maybe someday RG will grow up, and be worth talking to. Until that time, i'll just talk about him, and if it pisses him off, so much the better.

Sounds mature, if a bit obsessive and awkward. Let me know how that works out for you.
fobvius

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:43 am
tu quoque fight succumbing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:48 am
@Setanta,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Some of us r willing to be cordial n polite.

Setanta wrote:
This, of course, is nonsense.
I shoud have said "sometimes." Accordingly, I amend my assertion to that effect.
I am perfectly willing to defend myself, when provoked.

Setanta wrote:
With this joker, it is very much a case of whose ox has been gored.
When the subject is his obsessional condemnation of gun control,
all of his cordiality goes out the window.
That 's a lie.
The last time that I discussed victim disarmament with Setanta,
I was perfectly cordial.

Setanta wrote:
One of his favorite figures is that of gun control advocates dieing on their knees, begging for their lives.
Yes; this is presumably their defensive strategy of choice;
if that is incorrect, Setanta is free to reveal how bravely thay defend themselves.
Maybe thay use pillows, or threaten to hit them with shoes, like Khrushchev.
(Was he your hero, Setanta?)

Setanta wrote:
I have most recently seen him trot this out in a response to Parados.
That is another lie; this prevarication is getting to be a habit.
I have not mentioned this in a long time, probably not within a year.
In any case, it was not most recent, as Setanta falsely alleges.

This appears to have resonated with Setanta. ( a flash of tacit familiarity ?)
Perhaps he has frequent drills with it, to see how fast he can get down there,
and how evocative of pity he can be in his begging,
in case of invasion of his home. I bet he 's good at it.
If thay had an event in defensive grovelling
in the Olympics, I 'd bet on Setanta to bring home a medal for Canada.

How LOW can u GO? While u are down there, Setanta,
do u approve of the defensive foot smooching technique,
to really get on the burglar 's good side?
Show him how sweet u can be, when threatened.

Setanta: a study in pathos of the nether strata of life,
who coud surely bring a tear to the eye of any ol' burglar.

True Originalist Americans take a different vu, tho.
We 'd rather die on our feet than live on our knees
and we believe that the best defense of our homes
is a good, disabling counterattack.

Setanta wrote:
Parados can use an acid sarcasm, but i've never known him to use personal reflections unless repeatedly attacked himself.
Certainly i've never known him to address David in terms such as David was using in his response
to what Parados had posted.
WHAT "terms" are these??
This must be a joke. Setanta is the foulest, most abhorent, aberrant abuser of unprovoked,
unjustified, maliciously aspersive invective on this forum; relative to him, everyone else is a saint.

Setanta wrote:
Quite apart from that, mere cordiality is no measure of either virtue or morality.
Hitler was said to have been very fond of his dog.
That is an irrelevant non-sequitur, of no probative value.
Fondness for dogs has no correspondence to cordiality.

Yet another lie from the mendacious mouth of Setanta
is that: " THIS PLACE SUCKS ! ! ! "

David
DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:39 am
@Robert Gentel,
I admire your patience and restraint. If I were in your shoes, Setanta would suddenly be having trouble with his password....
dadpad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:40 am
Only gonna say this once.

get over it... the whole damn lot of you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:43 am
That's it. I'm putting you all in time out.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:46 am
Shocked Most people who have started such threads have used it as a farewell thread.

Razz
Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 07:10 am
@Setanta,
You win! You're an advanced troglodyte with a flare for vitriolic attacks. I just wish you were more creative and/or funny. I'm here for entertainment and it's for damned sure that I don't have the knack.

Why should the A2K community be subjected here to your petty squabble with RG? It's not entertainment, educational or even pertinent. Oh I get it! it YOUR thread and it's all about you!
DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 07:11 am
@Setanta,
I've never understood the psychology behind complaining about a free service.

Quote:
I. GENERAL RULES AND DEFINITIONS

D. able2know may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the service at any time, including the availability of any site feature, page, or content. able2know may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the service without notice or liability.

X. TERMINATION

A. You may terminate your account at any time by logging off and discontinuing your use or viewing of the site.

I think in some ways Robert has done himself a disservice by engaging the community, here. A few people seem to be under the impression that Robert owes them something.