Wich one

Tash77

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:29 am
i have got 7 fish and ones fat i think it may lay eggs how do i know wich one is the farther and none of the other fish is chasing her around
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,497 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:01 am

Tash, I'm not sure how old you are but you should show this message top your mom or dad or perhaps an aunty or older friend or sister I think so you get the correct information about fertilising fish eggs.

Usually mother fish lay the eggs when they are unfertile. The male fish will hover over the eggs and spray his sperm over the eggs. That is how they get fertilised.
It may be that no male fish will fertlise the eggs because the tank you have them in is not quite the correct environment, or possibly several male fish might try to fertilise the eggs.

Hope this answers your Question.
Tash77

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:14 am
@dadpad,
i am ten just to tell u and my dad wants to know this stuff i hav got plants in my tank and how do u know if the fish are males or females because i want to know before she has egss My mums friend gav me this fish and and it was dark and we don't know if its mated before i got it
dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:24 am
@Tash77,
Quote:
we don't know if its mated before i got it

Fish dont "mate" in the ame way as other animals do. So at this time there is no father.

When everything is right for the mother fish the eggs grow inside her and when she is ready she will release the eggs. Some kinds of fish stick the eggs to plants or rocks. Other types of fish lay thier eggs on the bottom in sand or gravel.
Sometimes the other fish in the tank might think the eggs are food and eat some, thats Ok. there are usually enough eggs for some to survive. thats the way nature works in the wild. Not all animal and fish babies survive but there are lots of babies so some usually do.
dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:27 am
Quote:
how do u know if the fish are males or females

some times it's really really hard to tell.

Sometimes you can tell by the shape of fins or where the fins are located on the fish or the colors on the fish.

You really have to know what type of fish and be a bit of an expert in fish.
0 Replies

Tash77

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:34 am
@dadpad,
Then what fish Fertilize the eggs
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:42 am
Quote:
Usually mother fish lay the eggs when they are unfertile. The male fish will hover over the eggs and spray his sperm over the eggs. That is how they get fertilised.

I said this in my first reply to you.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/153512-1#post-4186853
Tash77

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:49 am
@dadpad,
Yer I mean what happens when u don't hav a male in u tank
dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:56 am
@Tash77,
The eggs remain infertile and will not grow or hatch. eventually they will decompose.
0 Replies