What's in a purse?

Rockhead

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:37 am
@firefly,
I've wondered about this before...

gram tells me once in a while to get her something from her purse.

I always balk, and just hand it to her to find for herself. (it is a smallish purse, as she is smallish as well)

is it a boomers and younger thing? (she's 90)

my ex would shoot anyone caught thinking about entering her purse...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:42 am
@Rockhead,
I dunno. I'm supposed to be a boomer, and I get annoyed with people if they brings me my purse to take something out. I'd rather they just tell me they need the keys or the phone or something and just take it out.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:42 am
@ehBeth,
I think what it shows, once again, is that I'm really a man.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:43 am
@ehBeth,
does Set know?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:55 am
@Rockhead,
I keep telling him.

He doesn't seem to believe me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 12:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I dunno. I'm supposed to be a boomer, and I get annoyed with people if they brings me my purse to take something out. I'd rather they just tell me they need the keys or the phone or something and just take it out.
same with lady Diane but I can never find whatever it is I need (usually keys or phone)
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 12:03 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
they brings me my purse

hehehe

evidence of a bad edit Laughing
dyslexia

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
the thing is, let's say we are in her car, she's driving and the phone in her purse rings, she tells me to answer it, I try, I can't find even a ringing phone in her purse. she says (sternly) it's in the pocket on the side. no help, I can't find it. the phone stops ringing.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 12:12 pm
@dyslexia,
maybe you should take over packing her purse so you can find things?

worked here for the kitchen - told Set to take over putting groceries away - now he doesn't have any reason to ask me where things are

makes me verra happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 12:52 pm
@dyslexia,
I have troubled finding things in her purse too, the few times she's asked, she doing the driving. Plus, you could hurt your fingers in the effort..
Philis

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:12 pm
My snl and daughter started dating because of her purse. Both were in gym class and he sat down next to her on the bleachers and starts looking in her purse. She turns around and says, "what r u doing?" He said,"going thru ur purse." She turns back around, ignoring him. End result he got her phone number and it is 13 years now, they are still married.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:19 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

jespah wrote:

The Jablonsky Exploding Handbag.

Must be said with a very nasal Noo Yawk accent.

oh my gawd.

I my head I just heard Fran Drescher saying both of those.
Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@George,
George wrote:

chai2 wrote:

jespah wrote:

The Jablonsky Exploding Handbag.

Must be said with a very nasal Noo Yawk accent.

oh my gawd.

I my head I just heard Fran Drescher saying both of those.

The next time I see Thomas, he'll hear me say Jablonsky Exploding Handbag with my nasal Noo Yawk accent. Yes, I tawk like this. Wanna make somethin' of it? Huh, do ya?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 03:51 pm
The pic I put up was reclaimed by tripod. Here are two people who I would love to have advertise The Jablonsky Exploding Handbag, along with Boida, of course.

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/files/legacy/2007/10/frandreschercelebutopianet541.jpg

Accept no substitutes (note: the model is holding one in her left hand)!

And ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y9U_H_UEo-A/SvAlMlGYWJI/AAAAAAAAANU/sH6rNsZAPdU/s320/janice-02.jpg

Available in mauve, tomato red and burnt sienna.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Damn good observation. I keep my fingers to myself.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 07:05 pm
A companion to the Jablonsky Exploding Handbag might be this...

Peacekeeper: Handbag and weapon in one

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/peacekeeper.jpg

Quote:
If you gals are looking for that ultimate accessory that’s fashionable and will keep you safe, look no further. The PeaceKeeper handbag will cost you $85. It will cost any attackers a broken jaw. It’s essentially a large pair of brass knuckles attached to a purse.

So when the creep appears in the alley, telling you to give him your purse, he’ll get it alright. If he manages to get away, just check the local hospital as this is sure to do some damage.

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:35 am
@firefly,
Excellent. I want one in lime.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 01:11 pm
@jespah,
I'm dumb about brass knuckles. How do you, mmm, attack with that purse? Unsnap the snaps? (letting purse drop?)
jespah

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 01:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, there might be a delay issue with that one. Plus, if it's just essentially going to be a heavy weapon, why not simply fill it with something useful yet heavy, like a large makeup kit?
firefly

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 02:12 pm
@jespah,
My normally heavy handbag would be a lethal weapon if I smacked someone over the head with it. Laughing

James Platt, the designer of the Peacekeeper brass knuckles bag, seems determined to help women have a "don't mess with me" aura when it comes to their handbags.

http://www.jamespiatt.com/mofocover.jpg

This is his Pursuader bag (available in 4 colors)

http://www.jamespiatt.com/pursuadercopper1.jpg
http://www.jamespiatt.com/09pursuaderc1.html
0 Replies