What is the best TeleVision Show that you have watched?

Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

They’re showing Bored to Death over. I really like it, there are wonderful lines like, “Leah has just had her nose broken by a homosexual tiger in Brooklyn.”

Never heard of it. I'll look it up.
izzythepush

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 02:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It’s well worth it, Ted Danson is particularly good.
0 Replies

Teufel

Mon 27 Jul, 2020 02:22 am
@Riddler101,
My wife and I watch little in the way of TV, as in actually watch, it is usually playing to itself on the wall. So when we watch something, then we really have an affinity with it.

* Band of Brothers .... The story of Easy Company, 101st Airborne Division in WW2 .... Based entirely in truth and using some of the real characters as consultants ... Truly superb. Deeply moving.

* SOA ... Sons of Anarchy .... Right up there with the Sopranos and the Wire ... The tale of Jax Teller and the SOA 1% motorcycle club .... Hamlet meets Harley Davidson .... Extremely well written, uber gritty and deeply immersing for 7 seasons ... Many people went into a form of mourning when the show ended at it's natural conclusion .... If one 'gets it', you will accept no substitutes.
izzythepush

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 01:49 pm
I’ve just started watching Lovecraft Country. Just two episodes in so it’s hard to say, but it seems quite promising so far.

It’s set shortly after the Korean War and is as much about civil rights as anything eldrich. All the main characters are played by BAME actors which makes a welcome change. The acting is first rate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 02:33 pm
@Teufel,
SOA was a guilty pleasure like Longmire.

Ragman

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 02:39 pm
@farmerman,
Really liked Longmire. Binge watched it all the way through last year.
Ragman

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 02:55 pm
@Ragman,
Furthermore, I chuckled when I learned that Robert Taylor the man that played Longmire was an Aussie. The accent was undetected by me.
0 Replies

olive55

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:41 am
I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much.
0 Replies

Texaneer

Sat 8 May, 2021 07:07 pm
I really like all the ones that are mostly agreed upon to be among the best: The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad
0 Replies

Sammy00

Tue 11 Jan, 2022 04:49 am
@Riddler101,
Sex and the city. I adore this tv show and I'm ready to watch it over and over again. It's so atmospheric that when I watch it I always want to move to New York and become a columnist. And Carry Bradshaw is an icon.
0 Replies

nick22

Fri 15 Jul, 2022 07:21 pm
sesame street
0 Replies