79

What is the best TeleVision Show that you have watched?

Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 04:17 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Loved it.

Nancy and I just binged the second season again. We loved it.

New stuff is hard to come by these days. Coronavirus has stopped production on damn near everything.

2  
Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 01:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
They’re showing Bored to Death over. I really like it, there are wonderful lines like, “Leah has just had her nose broken by a homosexual tiger in Brooklyn.”
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 02:06 pm
izzythepush wrote:

Never heard of it. I'll look it up.

1  
Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 02:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It’s well worth it, Ted Danson is particularly good.

Teufel

1  
Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 02:22 am
@Riddler101,
My wife and I watch little in the way of TV, as in actually watch, it is usually playing to itself on the wall. So when we watch something, then we really have an affinity with it.

* Band of Brothers .... The story of Easy Company, 101st Airborne Division in WW2 .... Based entirely in truth and using some of the real characters as consultants ... Truly superb. Deeply moving.

* SOA ... Sons of Anarchy .... Right up there with the Sopranos and the Wire ... The tale of Jax Teller and the SOA 1% motorcycle club .... Hamlet meets Harley Davidson .... Extremely well written, uber gritty and deeply immersing for 7 seasons ... Many people went into a form of mourning when the show ended at it's natural conclusion .... If one 'gets it', you will accept no substitutes.

1  
Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 01:49 pm
I’ve just started watching Lovecraft Country. Just two episodes in so it’s hard to say, but it seems quite promising so far.

It’s set shortly after the Korean War and is as much about civil rights as anything eldrich. All the main characters are played by BAME actors which makes a welcome change. The acting is first rate.

1  
Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 02:33 pm
@Teufel,
SOA was a guilty pleasure like Longmire.

Ragman

1  
Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 02:39 pm
Really liked Longmire. Binge watched it all the way through last year.
Ragman

1  
Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 02:55 pm
@Ragman,
Furthermore, I chuckled when I learned that Robert Taylor the man that played Longmire was an Aussie. The accent was undetected by me.