What is the best TeleVision Show that you have watched?

Riddler101

Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:41 pm
@Reyn,
That must be really sad. Can you PLEASE tell me your e-mail? That's the only way to become friends on www.able2know.org. I wish it wasn't! But PLEASE? You reply to every single-well, almost every single-thing that I post. PLEASE tell me your e-mail, Reyn.
0 Replies

Riddler101

Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:51 pm
@Irishk,
Thanks Irishk! I'll have to tell my dad about that. Sounds great, and
Thanks again,
0 Replies

Irishk

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:37 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I started watching this on Netflix streaming after seeing your recommendation here and I'm really enjoying it! I can't imagine why Fox cancelled it after only 2 seasons. Josh Friedman (who wrote the script for the first two episodes) said Season 3 would have been their best Sad
tsarstepan

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:03 pm
@Riddler101,
Best comedy series:
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Best drama series:
Six Feet Under
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:06 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I like non-fiction television and enjoy Nova, Secrets of the Dead, American Experience, The History Detectives. My favorite dramatic series on PBS is probably Foyle's War.

PBS is the best source for documentaries with American Experience, Nova, and all things Ken Burns.

Plus they always showcase the best mystery series and police procedurals on television under their Mystery series.
Irishk

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 03:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar...have you seen this from PC magazine?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2366080,00.asp

Good news for us movie/documentary/series watchers Smile
GoshisDead

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:07 pm
@Irishk,
because Fox waits to see if something is worthwhile and as soon as its established as good TV they cancel it to put on stuff like So You Think That You Can Be a Gigolo, or Or Temptation Trailer Park.
Irishk

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:15 pm
@GoshisDead,
LOL appears so. Maybe Summer Glau (fabulous as Cyborg Cameron) scared them!
0 Replies

aidan

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:47 am
I'm watching one of the funniest Thirty Rocks I've ever seen right now - the one with Matt Damon as the pilot that Tina Fey likes and Julianne Moore as Jack's lost love. The one where Kenneth tries to get fired...I'm laughing and laughing and laughing- and Matt Damon looks so cute in this one.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:18 pm
@Riddler101,
My favorite TV watching is on weekends when C-SPAN presents authors and their books, and some panel presentations. I also like the science and history chanels.

As for shows, I like Bones, Burn Notice, CSI and Saving Grace. Good writing and acting---not boring. I have found Parenthood to be enjoyable, well written and acted.

For talking heads, I like Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, and Charlie Rose.

I like Don Lemon, part time host on CCN. He's a class act.

I miss Bill Moyer's show on PBS - he was one of the best.

BBB
plainoldme

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:19 pm
@aidan,
I love 30 Rock but haven't seen that show.
aidan

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:25 pm
@plainoldme,
You have to see it - I guess it's an old one as it's on over here right now. I love 30 Rock too and I have to say this is one of the funniest ones I've ever seen. Kenneth gets drunk - if you can picture that.

It's all about weddings and guest stars Matt Damon and Julianne Moore and another blonde girl whose face I recognize but whose name I don't know.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:41 pm
My all time favorite TV show is Adam-12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam-12

But I also like most of the shows on the discovery channel, shows like Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, etc
djjd62

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:52 pm
@mysteryman,
ha, that was one of my favourite shows as a kid
0 Replies

George

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:57 pm
My favorite show right now is Burn Notice.

And I've been a Jeopardy! addict for years.
0 Replies

Sglass

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:59 pm
I watched "Sanford & Son" and simply adored Red Foxx.

"This is the big one Lucille". Comedy at its best.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:36 pm
@Irishk,
Thanks for the article IrishK.
0 Replies

Leonard

Sat 9 Oct, 2010 08:53 pm
I like Tim and Eric Awesome Show. It seems everyone who's seen it is either a huge fan or hates it completely. It's pretty bizarre, though.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:55 am
Many of the TV shows I liked did not last for very long. So many shows are made for the lowest common denominator.

I like C-SPAN on weekends more than watching most shows on TV.

One show that started last year, Parenthood, I find charming. It's about a large family of parents, children and grandchildren, and their struggles to raise good families. It is well-written and well-acted, including the little ones.

BBB
Phoenix32890

Sun 10 Oct, 2010 11:34 am
Law & Order, especially SVU. I have seen some of these shows over and over again, and never tire of them.

I recently watched one of the new L&O Los Angeles, and was not impressed.
0 Replies