THE "WINK" WHAT DOES IT IMPLY???

mismi

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:36 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. "One man's beauty is another man's ugly. Aesthetics are the virtue of an empty soul.

yuck, Mark. Think that was not necessary...I find I too am becoming impatient with you. Get to the point....please.
chai2

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:00 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Get to the point....please.

I don't think he can. I think he doesn't care what kind of attention he gets, as long as it's attention.

I also don't think he realizes that he crossed over the line between "this is moderately interesting, I'd be curious to know what he thinks the answer is", to "who ******* cares" pages ago.

Say what you will regarding my words here mark, but this thread has really turned stupid.

Your cute little answers, like to the question "how short is a short thread" (your answer, something like "a short thread is short of course") shows the personality of someone who doesn't know when the joke or subject has gotten old.

I think I'm going to avoid any threads you start, including this one, because you're gotten really irritating, and not very clever.

oh, and have have a superfantabulous evening. (something else that got old quick)

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:03 pm
@squinney,
Hi Squinney,
Me neither, nor did I imply it to be.
Have a nice day.
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:08 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. "One man's beauty is another man's ugly. Aesthetics are the virtue of an empty soul.

yuck, Mark. Think that was not necessary...I find I too am becoming impatient with you. Get to the point....please.

Hi Mismi,
I was merely implying that there is more to a person than the outer shell.
The point of this thread has been disclosed, it wasn't that brilliant nor was it ever implied to be.
What's all the fuss over a silly question, anyway?
Best wishes,
mark...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:29 pm
@mark noble,
Mismi is a naturally kind poster. If she is cranky, listen.

Of course, I, being me, take "aesthetics are the virtue of an empty soul" as wild flailing flaming bullshit, and start to look at your fear once more.
mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso,
Even in art or architecture there is an essence being portrayed by the end result. What would you feel like if it were not also appreciated?
Thank you for the vulgarity, by the way.
Mark...
dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:53 pm
@mark noble,
mark, your posts bring to my mind the image of a 14 yr old girl in pig-tails wearing a poodle skirt on a mission from god.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:53 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Osso,
Even in art or architecture there is an essence being portrayed by the end result. What would you feel like if it were not also appreciated?

Art and architecture are, at least sometimes, businesses. I have nothing to say right now but that you have a lot to learn. Or maybe this - Architecture and landscape architecture have to do with design for places humans live. Most of us care a lot how humans tend to be comfortable in space.

I am routinely vulgar.

Thank you for the vulgarity, by the way.
Mark...
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:02 pm
@mark noble,
Mark, you created the fuss when you said:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Ehbeth,
When I divulge the nature of the thread, it will become clear that all apply.
Thank you for asking though, any opinion to offer?

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Sozobe,
This is not a game. I am not tending any reasoning. I have given clues so as to aid not hamper.
Why have people lost the ability to fathom for themselves? All answers must be on a plate nowadays with full details supplied therewith.
I assure you this is not going to end stupidly.

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi A Lyn,
You have the crux, now deliver the resulting answer to this thread.
I would PM you with the "religious tag" reason. But it would likely supply you with the ingredients you lack in your resolve - so I will not reveal, as of yet.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Chai,
This isn't a riddle. I'm curious as to how long it will take for people to deduce the root of this post's subject. It's not anymore philosophical than knowing the destructive force of "pride".
Don't cave in on this. Everyone of you will think "Oh yeah, it is too" when done.
I didn't think it would be a long thread, anyhow.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Bfn,
It is, indeed to do with 'Trust'. But that is not the answer. If you read the opening post - more than one question is proposed.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Guys,

Allow me to lead you in the right direction... Read the book of proverbs (remove the God attribute, if you so choose) and the answer should slap you in the face.

Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi dlowan and setanta,
I haven't a clue as to how you assume ego is an issue here. It is just a question, made by posting a thread. Are you under the impression I am playing some sort of weird mindgame here, because I'm not.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Mismi,
The point of this thread has been disclosed, it wasn't that brilliant nor was it ever implied to be.

mark...

Mark,

You've been doing a lot of winking in this thread, teasingly flirting with everyone by moving the carrot further away each time they make a grab for it. With a wink and the dangling of repeated promises to reveal all at a later time, you've built expectations so high that not even the Oracle of Delphi could reveal predictions of the hidden secrets behind a wink and not disappoint the audience.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:03 pm
@ossobuco,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Osso,

Design is usually plastic, and is a manifestation of many conversations. Do you think an end design is some kind of sainthood thing? I don't worry about being appreciated, not a problem. I think you are off in fantasy here.

There are some super designers who just draw. Behind them are many with the technology to make it happen. Certain engineering firms, for example, like Arup.
mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:36 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Mark, you created the fuss when you said:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Ehbeth,
When I divulge the nature of the thread, it will become clear that all apply.
Thank you for asking though, any opinion to offer?

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Sozobe,
This is not a game. I am not tending any reasoning. I have given clues so as to aid not hamper.
Why have people lost the ability to fathom for themselves? All answers must be on a plate nowadays with full details supplied therewith.
I assure you this is not going to end stupidly.

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi A Lyn,
You have the crux, now deliver the resulting answer to this thread.
I would PM you with the "religious tag" reason. But it would likely supply you with the ingredients you lack in your resolve - so I will not reveal, as of yet.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Chai,
This isn't a riddle. I'm curious as to how long it will take for people to deduce the root of this post's subject. It's not anymore philosophical than knowing the destructive force of "pride".
Don't cave in on this. Everyone of you will think "Oh yeah, it is too" when done.
I didn't think it would be a long thread, anyhow.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Bfn,
It is, indeed to do with 'Trust'. But that is not the answer. If you read the opening post - more than one question is proposed.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Guys,

Allow me to lead you in the right direction... Read the book of proverbs (remove the God attribute, if you so choose) and the answer should slap you in the face.

Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi dlowan and setanta,
I haven't a clue as to how you assume ego is an issue here. It is just a question, made by posting a thread. Are you under the impression I am playing some sort of weird mindgame here, because I'm not.
Mark...

and

mark noble wrote:

Hi Mismi,

mark...

Mark,

You've been doing a lot of winking in this thread, teasingly flirting with everyone by moving the carrot further away each time they make a grab for it. With a wink and the dangling of repeated promises to reveal all at a later time, you've built expectations so high that not even the Oracle of Delphi could reveal predictions of the hidden secrets behind a wink and not disappoint the audience.

Hi Bfn.
I completely disagree. I will explain...
!st quoted quote - The lady asked why I had tagged it thusly (philosophy, religion, psychology). To place it firmly in the correct section, hopefully philosophy. So I could discuss it with other phili refugees. The tags changed and in strolled all the a2k'rs.
As for divulging the nature of the thread? I didn't want to tell Ehbeth why it was related to the tags, or the discussion would have been over on the first post. And each of my original tags DO apply.

On 2nd quoted quote - Why would this be seen as teasing?

On 3rd quoted quote - I have a friendship with A Lyn, and a raport that exceeds what I have with any of you. Don't take on board my direct conversations, they are not aimed at anyone but those I direct them at.

On 4th quoted quote - Again Just directed at chai.

On 5th quoted quote - It is to do with trust (Why would this provoke)?

On 6th quoted quote - I am accustomed to the bible being second nature to those at phili, shall consider this in future.

On 7th quoted quote - I haven't been playing games. It's just a question.

On 8th quoted quote - Speaks for itself.

The audience were only here because someone altered the tags. And people raise their own expectations, what is so lacking in their minds that a question about "winking" no less can get them so over-excited.

Nevertheless - You remain polite and mature in your approach, I appreciate that Bfn.
Have a lovely day.
Mark...
mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi osso,
No, I was referring to a work of art, like st pauls, or the pyramids, maybe even mt Rushmore. But jump in and smack me in the face with a sledge hammer, everybody else is.
Anyway, have a nice day, osso.
Mark...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:53 pm
@mark noble,
St. Paul's? I am unaware of that. Mt. Rushmore as a work of art? The pyramids were a work of tremendous work.

I am not interested in taunting or making fun of you, Mark, but your comments seem to come from one without much worldwide knowledge, complete with rather enclosed thinking. I plan to be less snotty, more temperate, though I'll be vulgar if I wish.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:58 pm
@mark noble,
So, now it is the tags fault.
mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso,
Be as vulgar as you choose, others will judge you for it, not I. I have an indepth understanding of the world, georaphically, culturally, politically and historically. You not knowing st pauls cathedral, that's a surprise.
Mark...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:10 pm
@mark noble,
Really? you have a clue of the world? I'll watch for it.

I'm not a cathedral maven. I do know some of them.
mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso,
It was designed by Sir Christopher wren to replace the medieval one that was destroyed in the great fire of London (1666), at the end of the 17th century, in the classical design. It is a prominent landmark in the uk - To tourists anyhow.
Mark...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:23 pm
@mark noble,
I'll look. I remember Wren, but not all his works. I am never a tourist, though I travel, when I am lucky.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:25 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Osso,
It was designed by Sir Christopher wren to replace the medieval one that was destroyed in the great fire of London (1666), at the end of the 17th century, in the classical design. It is a prominent landmark in the uk - To tourists anyhow.
Mark...
fortunately there's a coffee/tea shop at the exit.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:29 pm
@dyslexia,
Coffee, in England? I suppose it is ok there now, in some places.