THE "WINK" WHAT DOES IT IMPLY???

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:33 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
The people who made the bible sure wanted a lot of stuff to be evil.

No ****. Maybe we have a Hollis Ray Mathis, Jr. in training here.

Bishop Burnet was an important chronicler of the civil wars, Protectorate and the Restoration of the Stuarts in the person of Charles II. He once wrote to a friend that "the King has a strange notion of God's love." He then wrote that Charles had said to him: "The only things that God hates are that we be evil and that we design mischief." Obviously, Burnet had a much, much longer list of the things that God hates.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:35 am
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
Are you suggesting that I only talking rubbish (I don't employ profanity, I find it to be immature) (you can though. what others do is down to them - Each to their own, after all.). Here's a sentence evolved from such - "I only tell lies". What do you make of this?
x
Mark...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:38 am
Piss off fuckwit.

(Now you don't have to worry that i might be polite to you just to "improve my reputation." God, that one cracked me up!)
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:38 am
@dlowan,
Hi dlowan,
I take it you haven't analysed it then, because it is located in the bible (which is not party to my belief-system, I hasten to add)?
Best wishes.
Mark...
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:40 am
@mark noble,
I haven't analysed it because I have no interest in analysing it.

It is below my threshold for things I am interested in analysing.

If you want me to bother with it, you'll have to give me a REALLY good reason.
mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:53 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I haven't analysed it because I have no interest in analysing it.

It is below my threshold for things I am interested in analysing.

If you want me to bother with it, you'll have to give me a REALLY good reason.

Hi dlowan,
1) If you've no interest in this thread, why are you posting?
2) If it is beneath you, why are you posting?
3) I don't want you to bother with it, it is an open thread.
I do enjoy talking with you though, more than the ginger dog, anyway, but don't tell him/her, she's/he's quite excitable when disheartened, it appears.
Best wishes dlowan.
Mark...

A Lyn Fei

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:05 am
@mark noble,
Are you suggesting that a wink proves that there exists some sort of soul in every person? The eyes is said to be the window to a person's soul. This proverb about a wink tells me that a wink is far more powerful than the daft ramblings of fools. This leads me to believe that a wink gives away something far more important than information, which I had perviously thought to be the "implication of a wink". A wink gives away who we are.
A wink is suggesting to the receiver that they should have a great understanding of who the sender is.
A wink is suggesting of the sender that they are entrusting their very essence to the receiver.

A Lyn
JustBrooke

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:06 am
@mark noble,
Hi Mark!

I have winked at others and received winks, as I am sure most have. Was I plotting anything evil? Nah! Were the givers of the winks that I have received plotting evil? Doubtful. The majority of winks I give are just me being playful.

I have not analyzed the verse in which you speak of.

Interesting thread! I've never really given much thought about what is behind a wink. I have a professor that winks at me almost daily. I sincerely doubt he means anything out of line. As a whole, his winks are simply given as I am leaving his class and included with a friendly smile and a "Take care, Brooklyn."

Hmmmmmmm though! Wink

You have a good day too, Mark!

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:13 am
@A Lyn Fei,
Hi A Lyn.
Spot on, as usual.
Thank you for analysing deductively. Between the lines, that book is a valuable source of ancient psychology. Traits of humankind, gathered over centuries by those at the forefront of man's transition into social quarters. Unto those that see it as a religious medium for gobbledygook, it is a farcical, unimportant document. To those that see it as a window on the past, it is a valuable book, indeed.
Thank you A Lyn, have a terrific day. x
Mark...
mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:19 am
@JustBrooke,
Hi Brooke,
It only implies "evil" in the eyes of those who oblige such factor> I don't believe in the existence of good or evil myself.
Your professor is unsure of himself in your company, he has created, in his mind, an image of you (whatever that is, would be merely speculation on my part), and is divided by said creation and true representation. Would you class yourself as physically attractive, Brooklyn?
Great chatting to you, have a fab day.
Mark...
dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:59 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Your professor is unsure of himself in your company
your assumptions just keep piling up, perhaps it's time to flush.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:15 pm
@mark noble,
I am irresistibly drawn back by the weirdness of the thread...

I take it you cannot give a good reason.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:29 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

jesus ******* christ this thread is bizarre.
have a nice day. thank you.

the whole joint's freaking insane these days

I hope some sociologist's doing a good study
Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm kinda enjoying it, myself...

Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

jesus ******* christ this thread is bizarre.
have a nice day. thank you.

the whole joint's freaking insane these days

I hope some sociologist's doing a good study

Was there a sane time?

I miss all the good times!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 02:20 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Your professor is unsure of himself in your company, he has created, in his mind, an image of you (whatever that is, would be merely speculation on my part), and is divided by said creation and true representation.

Besides class, this particular professor and I work together a lot through my graduate teaching assistantship. I believe that has created a sort of comradery, if you will, and his winks are likely just saying "nice to have you around."

mark noble wrote:

Would you class yourself as physically attractive, Brooklyn?

Eh, I'm probably as average as anyone else! Smile

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 03:40 pm
@dlowan,
Hi dlowan,
Nice to see you again, you're not as abusive as others, I commend you for that.
Best wishes.
Mark...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:35 pm
reading along and its been interesting. Cant say I agree with the thus far with the reasoning behind a wink but there you go.

Hang tough Mark.
Philis

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:53 am
@mark noble,
Because I know a person who winked at me all the time Rolling Eyes and is now a louse I think it means: covering up/deceitful. Twisted Evil

Of course there is a "wink in time" or
"catch a few winks" Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
mismi

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 06:31 am
@JustBrooke,
mark noble wrote:
Quote:

Would you class yourself as physically attractive, Brooklyn?

Brooke wrote:
Quote:
Eh, I'm probably as average as anyone else!

Brooke is modest - saying she is average is like saying the Mona Lisa is just another painting. She is beautiful inside and out.

However, I am betting a plain person could wink and get one back...I think the wink is mostly playful. Of course there could be the chance that it is subversive or "How you doin'" kind of thing.

But the majority of the time the use of a wink in my little world has been playful and had a variety of meanings...all of which are rooted in well wishes and fun.