THE "WINK" WHAT DOES IT IMPLY???

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 08:41 pm
@dlowan,
You need to get out more bunny.

Mexican is applied to anyone from south of the border. when in QLD that means everyone from NSW VIC and SA.
When applied in NSW it means VIC an SA.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 06:39 am
@Butrflynet,
Hi Bfn,
It is, indeed to do with 'Trust'. But that is not the answer. If you read the opening post - more than one question is proposed.
Thank you Bfn for contributing in a respectable manner.
Have a lovely day.
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 06:45 am
Hi Guys,
I've been to bed and done a day's work since I posted this. Why are some of you so condescending?
Allow me to lead you in the right direction... Read the book of proverbs (remove the God attribute, if you so choose) and the answer should slap you in the face.
By the way - we are looking at an intentional 'wink' in this instance, not a foreign-object reaction or a restricted blink.
Best wishes.
Mark...
Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:21 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
. . . a lot of pretentious gobbledygook.

Best description of this thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:26 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I sure hope mark's final post on this thread is a wink or else this has to be one of the most annoying displays of smug self-importance I've seen in this forum.

Oh and mark, you have a super-duper splendiferous day yourself.

I'll second that. If this boy's ego got any bigger, his neck would break.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:30 am
@mark noble,
WE'RE condescending?

Oh boy.

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:48 am
Hi dlowan and setanta,
I haven't a clue as to how you assume ego is an issue here. It is just a question, made by posting a thread. Are you under the impression I am playing some sort of weird mindgame here, because I'm not.
You're not very polite in your labelling of me as arrogant, pretentious, egotistical, etc. But I don't take any offence to this. You hardly know me, after all. You are quick to judge though.

Have either of you actually read the book of 'proverbs'?
Like my gesture of goodwill or not, I extend it thusly to you both...Have a lovely day.
Mark...
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:54 am
@mark noble,
Yes I have read the book of proverbs.

I call your behaviour as I see it.

I see ego as an issue here for exactly the reasons I gave a number of posts ago.

What makes you think you know what a wink implies?

If it's some idiosyncratic definition from Proverbs then that's how you should label your thread.
Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:57 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Are you under the impression I am playing some sort of weird mindgame here, because I'm not.

Yes you are, that's exactly what you are doing.

Quote:
Have either of you actually read the book of 'proverbs'?

Yes, i have, and i can assure that the Wabbit has read it, too. It is precisely because you are attempting to claim some arcane knowledge of that scriptural twaddle not vouchsafed to the rest of us that it is fair to describe your thread as pretentious and egotistical.

Nothing annoys me quite so much as someone telling me to have a nice day.

Have a truly distressing and depressing day, Boss.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Have a truly distressing and depressing day, Boss.

I am trying rigorously to control my distaste for these sorts of salutations, as they seem to be a bit of a feature with a number of our new friends. Just seems to be a cultural difference.

But that did make me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:01 am
@dlowan,
I don't recall Proverbs off by heart but by hell I can belt out some psalms.

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:08 am
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
I will not extend such a gesture, in print, if it offends you.
Can the two of you, clearly having read the book, or either or, please quote the chapter and verse I am referring to. So as to illiminate any suspicion as to your claims of having done so.

You can stop attacking me now too, because as you will learn with time, You cannot intimidate me. Attempting to do will only reveal the underlying principles of your own ego's.
Chill out guys/gals, summer is upon us and the going is good.
Best wishes dlowan.
Mark...
Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:12 am
@mark noble,
No one is attacking you. No one is attempting to intimidate you. You don't come here with any guarantee that what you write will be taken seriously, or that what you write will not be criticized. It is not an attack to point out that this is silly and pretentious. If you are engaged in spreading bullshit, it is no personal reflection for someone to come along and say: "Oh . . . look . . . bullshit."

And don't expect me to play your silly mind game. I have nothing to prove to you, and if you won't take my word for something to do with my personal experience, you can bet i don't give a rat's ass.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:14 am
@mark noble,
Like I am going to bother going through bloody Proverbs just to answer some silliness about winking!

Your answer is likely here, though, if you don't know:

http://bible.cc/proverbs/10-10.htm

since it appears that you ARE looking for an idiosyncratic and highly limited answer.

If you mean to start bible hunts why not just say so?

Is that what your games are? Is this known by the PF people? Remember, if it is, this is not known by previous A2kers and the threads look seriously nutty.

Intimidate you? What nonsense.
mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:20 am
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
Now you are just being polite for the sake of your own reputation. I knew were a softie deep down.
Later...
Mark...
dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:22 am
jesus ******* christ this thread is bizarre.
have a nice day. thank you.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:23 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

jesus ******* christ this thread is bizarre.

You can say that again.

But...apparently it was worth making a thread so that people could try to work out that Proverbs thinks you're an evil fool if you wink.

Not sure if it's foolisher and eviller than eating pork, or shell-fish and such-like.

The people who made the bible sure wanted a lot of stuff to be evil.
mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:26 am
@dlowan,
Hi dlowan,
A much more friendly approach from you, thank you for that.
Does that proverb stimulate any response from you?
Should you wish my gesture of wellbeing unextended to you also, please state so, until... Have a great day, dlowan.
Mark...
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:27 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Does that proverb stimulate any response from you?

Other than thinking it's as nutty as most stuff in the bible, no.
Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:30 am
@mark noble,
I can't for the life of me imagine what makes you think i'm going out of my way to be polite to you. I want neither to be polite nor rude to you. I will challenge anything which you post which i consider bullshit by loudly shouting "BULLSHIT!"