trismegisto

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 05:03 pm
@Fido,
No, not confused at all. Reality as it is has nothing to do with anything we experience. Every thing we experience is imagined, nothing is substantial. But since we are also imagined we have to accept every other thing as real.

We have plenty of words to describe anything we want. The problem is that we rarely agree on the words we choose and most don't take the time to actually contemplate what they are speaking of. Most just like to mimic whoever their perceived authority is.
mark noble

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 03:08 am
@Fido,
Hi Fido!

That is my point here - If 'nothing' cannot exist, then death is not the onset of it. Thus - death does not exist.

Mark...
mark noble

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 03:09 am
@imbored123,
Hi!

Exactly!

mark...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:57 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto wrote:

No, not confused at all. Reality as it is has nothing to do with anything we experience. Every thing we experience is imagined, nothing is substantial. But since we are also imagined we have to accept every other thing as real.

We have plenty of words to describe anything we want. The problem is that we rarely agree on the words we choose and most don't take the time to actually contemplate what they are speaking of. Most just like to mimic whoever their perceived authority is.

speaking on contemplating what one says...just what do you think "substantial" means ???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 08:08 am
@imbored123,
imbored123 wrote:

Quote:
there is potentially a place where there is nothing

If there actually was a place where there was nothing, simply in that place existing, nothing must be something. As soon as our mind even conceptualizes the possibility of there being a place where there is nothing, that place of nothingness is real, therefore making it something, not nothing.

Giving something meaning is not enough to give it reality... We have been saying forever that God made us, but it is we who have made God as much as it is possible to make God by giving the notion of God meaning, but what is that compared to being??? Can we give life to God by sacrifice, or prayers, or love, or hatred??? Because people believe we take for granted that they believe is something, but belief is just more meaning pinned on nothing...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 08:13 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto wrote:

I would like to shake the hand that has shaken most hands if it is not all shook out... Agreement is impossible for subjective experiences, as moral forms are... Still, you need significant proof to talk about most people... What is generally true is always false, and I say this myself aware that I cling to general truths....I just don't recommend it...If you have plenty of words, you should choose those you really desire...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 08:14 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Fido!

That is my point here - If 'nothing' cannot exist, then death is not the onset of it. Thus - death does not exist.

Mark...

The fact that death does not exist does not preclude it from having meaning... As long as people give nothing a certain meaning, others will say it exists... There is a difference between meaning and being....
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 05:32 pm

people , the ROOT of nothing was started as a accounting term by the Sumerians , naturally as far as accounting is concerned

but somehow we have taken this purely accounting term and meaning into the science field of thought , it is wrong to do so , absolutely

Fido

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:44 pm
@north,
north wrote:

people , the ROOT of nothing was started as a accounting term by the Sumerians , naturally as far as accounting is concerned

but somehow we have taken this purely accounting term and meaning into the science field of thought , it is wrong to do so , absolutely

Whether for accounting or other purposes it is meaning without being... And, it has so much meaning because it is humanity's great enemy.. We assert, and life denies... We are the triumph of will, but will will survive???
north

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:49 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

north wrote:

Whether for accounting or other purposes it is meaning without being... And, it has so much meaning because it is humanity's great enemy.. We assert, and life denies... We are the triumph of will, but will will survive???

in order to put nothing into its right place we must understand and explore it first
Fido

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 09:18 pm
@north,
north wrote:

Fido wrote:

north wrote:

in order to put nothing into its right place we must understand and explore it first

How do you put nothing in its place, since it is a place... I mean, would you use a nothing shovel and get the job done fast, or use a nothing teaspoon so you could enjoy youself, take your time and eat a little when you get hungry???
north

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 09:28 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

north wrote:

Fido wrote:

north wrote:

How do you put nothing in its place, since it is a place... I mean, would you use a nothing shovel and get the job done fast, or use a nothing teaspoon so you could enjoy youself, take your time and eat a little when you get hungry???

thats the thing , nothing has only place in the practical , nothing in the fridge , nothing in my account etc

but as far as the Universe is concerned , nothing has no place to reside

Fido

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 09:51 pm
@north,
I don't feel sorry for nothing... Nothing has all the room it wants and never has to pay rent...And here is the deal... All the time gravity is concentrating matter. more of nothing is being produced, but it always has room...
north

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:46 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I don't feel sorry for nothing... Nothing has all the room it wants and never has to pay rent...And here is the deal... All the time gravity is concentrating matter. more of nothing is being produced, but it always has room...

yet nothing shows up why ?
Fido

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:45 am
@north,
north wrote:

Fido wrote:

yet nothing shows up why ?

All we know of matter is that it is full of nothing except energy... Remove that energy and perhaps all the matter in the cosmos would fit in a teacup... But, supposedly it would still have a lot of kinetic energy, more than it could contain if it all fell to a common point at the same moment.... I don't know.. I look at morals and have only read some physics, mostly old stuff...
0 Replies

pkatom147

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:46 pm
You cannot make something from nothing so therefore nothing is impossible. Something must have always been there, Be that God, entity, isness etc. depending on who's calling it.
Fido

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 11:33 pm
@pkatom147,
pkatom147 wrote:

You cannot make something from nothing so therefore nothing is impossible. Something must have always been there, Be that God, entity, isness etc. depending on who's calling it.

You know, there is such a thing as force at a distance??? That tells me that there is something called Ether in the merest nothing, but science cannot prove it exists, so it quit trying....As it does not seem to affect equasions either way perhaps it is nothing...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 08:26 am
@pkatom147,
Correct!
0 Replies

ConnorBerge

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:23 am
I would say that 'everything' 'has' existed. A matter that goes in and out of time at some point has existed. Does it exist? Not really, because now it's gone. That is like everything in the universe -flicking in and out as infinate time progresses. 100 years from now we won't exist. Because things are temporary, and they dont exist in the future or past, and the future and past is only relevant when considering the universe, then we dont exist.

The reason why i'm not in two locations is because of time. I can be in both locations, but only in different moments of time. The probability of me being in a location at some point during an infinate amount of time is 100%, because we have no limit on time. That being said, given no limit on time, everything will exist at least once. Every situation, every 'thing'. But because nothing is permanent, nothing exists.

So in my oppinion, this statement is true.
mark noble

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 11:12 am
@ConnorBerge,
ConnorBerge wrote:

I would say that 'everything' 'has' existed. A matter that goes in and out of time at some point has existed. Does it exist? Not really, because now it's gone. That is like everything in the universe -flicking in and out as infinate time progresses. 100 years from now we won't exist. Because things are temporary, and they dont exist in the future or past, and the future and past is only relevant when considering the universe, then we dont exist.

The reason why i'm not in two locations is because of time. I can be in both locations, but only in different moments of time. The probability of me being in a location at some point during an infinate amount of time is 100%, because we have no limit on time. That being said, given no limit on time, everything will exist at least once. Every situation, every 'thing'. But because nothing is permanent, nothing exists.

So in my oppinion, this statement is true.

Hi Connor!

Good post! To a point.
What makes you believe that a thing cannot be permanent? I ask this because you, I - any observer is restricted to the point of view gathered from the moment it/we exist in. I cannot say that what has been, is no longer because I am in a seperate dimension to that what 'has been' according to my perception. My perception is subjective to the point in spacetime it is confined to.

We can speculate that what has passed has ended - We cannot factualise it though.

IMO Everything is both infinite and eternal, yet cannot be percieved by a sentience that has moved beyond the point of perception.

Thank you, and have a great day.
Mark...
0 Replies