giujohn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 03:39 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
What exactly are you asking??
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 03:49 pm
@giujohn,
For anything to happen, there must be time.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:08 pm
@giujohn,
Let me rephrase since you are having trouble with it.

That there is nothing to move upon is good enough of an answer to your previous question ? It should.
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Must there? Or is time what results in something happening?
Or perhaps time is merely the measure by which we quantify change? I am inclined towards that last perspective. After all, there is no past and no future. There is just the present. One immeasurable moment in which change occurs. Past is merely memory, and future merely expectation. But nothing happens until the anticipated event has become present moment.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well I guess we need to define what you mean as time. You certainly can not apply classical thinking in the nothingness can you?
giujohn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Your thinking in classical terms...does it apply in the nothingness?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:47 pm
@giujohn,
Time is any change.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 05:06 pm
@giujohn,
What is there to debate unless you want to change the meaning of the word ?
(in which case we would have to create a new word for the same concept, changes nothing)

You people need to get this in your minds once n for all, nothing is not a thing, don't thing it just for convenience sake.

PS - Kraus is an idiot whether you know it or not that is your problem not mine.
giujohn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:49 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Your thinking in classical terms...does it apply in the nothingness?

No...I never described nothingness except to say there is no spacetime
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Time is any change.

In classical terms, maybe.
giujohn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:

You people need to get this in your minds once n for all, nothing is not a thing, don't thing it just for convenience sake.

PS - Kraus is an idiot whether you know it or not that is your problem not mine.

Tell us how you really feel.

I swear...why are you all so emotional over a scientific discourse?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:59 pm
@giujohn,
Not classical; logical. Time is the foundation of any event.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:48 pm
@giujohn,
Precisely because its called "scientific" is good enough justification.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 04:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Not classical; logical. Time is the foundation of any event.

That presupposes that time classically exists out side our universe. An assumption that is based neither on evidence or logic.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 04:45 pm
@giujohn,
It doesn't presuppose anything. If we can measure the distance of planets and stars beyond our own planet, they also have life spans all while the universe continues to expand. It's only human limitation that doesn't allow us beyond what we call the universe.

Quote:
Calculating the sun's remaining lifespan is a bit more complex, but astrophysicists have narrowed it to about 5 billion years, for a total lifetime of around 10 billion years. Scientists have also determined the age of the sun using radiometric dating of meteorites found here on Earth.

It proves everything we know of has a life span. After that, it doesn't matter whether there is anything "alive" as we know it.
giujohn

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If we can measure the distance of planets and stars beyond our own planet, they also have life spans all while the universe continues to expand.

Im not sure how this applies to the discssion of what lies outside our universe.

I would seriously doubt that any of the classical laws of physics would apply in that domain in as much as they are a result of our universe's progression and in all probabilty unique to this venue.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:44 pm
@giujohn,
Why? We already know about the life of our sun which translates to all suns - give or take a few billion years. That means time does have meaning in all of the universe. Time is eternal. This planet will disappear long before other suns disappear.
giujohn

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I thought we were discussing the relm that our universe is expanding into...the nothingness..the quantum foam...the demension outside this universe. If the universe is the balloon and we are on the inside of that balloon, I'm talking about what is outside the balloon.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:20 pm
@giujohn,
"Outside the balloon?" LMAO Guess what that is all you want; I'm not interested in your opinion concerning 'that.' If you have some knowledge concerning that subject, you should be contacting people that are more knowledgeable than me.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:11 pm
Quote:
Glujohn said: If the universe is the balloon and we are on the inside of that balloon, I'm talking about what is outside the balloon.

Good point, our "balloon" (the universe) is full of stars, planets and the fabric of spacetime, so it's really a very crowded place.
Outside the balloon might be what's called 'Void', which is absolutely empty of everything, total absolute nothingness
0 Replies