mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:51 pm
@Ionus,
Hi lonus,
But there is no absence of something. In between particles? Why do you assume there is an in-betweenness of elemental particles, when they are only theoretical? In between galaxies? Particles, photons, in the least. I believe there is only one particle in various states of decay, and in all available locations - But that is another thread.

"I'm searching for 'Nothing'", The scientist sighed.
"In order to prove it exists"
'What have you found, in your search', I replied.
"NOTHING"!
Yet, still... he persists.

Have a great day lonus.
Mark...
Ionus

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:57 pm
@mark noble,
You are not arguing nothing can not exist, you are arguing that you can stretch something to cover everywhere, even where there is nothing.
0 Replies

ABYA

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 06:19 pm
Assuming the Universe exists, even if its only inside our mind.
As the Universe exists, it would be a lie to say that nothing exists.
If we imagine being beyond the perimeters of the universe, in an infinty of void, so far away that the universe is just a speck or even undetectable, it would still be a lie to say that nothing exists, even though we would be in a vast void of nothingness.
The question," does nothing exist", is a koan, an unanswerable question, as we can take the word "nothing" in its corporeal sense as in "no thing" and in its incorporeal sense as in nothingness, The very interpretation of the word "nothing" has two opposite definations.
The correct question should be either"does anything exist" or "does nothingness exist".
Homomorph

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:00 pm
[This] and [~This] can describe everything we see, and we can replace "this" with something (not sure about "everything" right now). So algorithmically we should be able to get to nothing, or [~This], by eventually cross comparing everything (loosely) that exists...
0 Replies

north

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 08:04 pm
@ABYA,
ABYA wrote:

Quote:

the Universe does exist and has nothing to do with being " inside the mind "

if the Universe is only inside the mind then try to shut it out completely or change our galaxy , the milky way , into what you want it to be

can't be done

Quote:
As the Universe exists, it would be a lie to say that nothing exists.

erroneous

for where in the Universe does nothing exist ?
Quote:
If we imagine being beyond the perimeters of the universe, in an infinty of void, so far away that the universe is just a speck or even undetectable, it would still be a lie to say that nothing exists, even though we would be in a vast void of nothingness.

prove it

Quote:
The question," does nothing exist", is a koan, an unanswerable question, as we can take the word "nothing" in its corporeal sense as in "no thing" and in its incorporeal sense as in nothingness, The very interpretation of the word "nothing" has two opposite definations.

its not an unanswerable question at all really

nothing has the opposite qualities of something

nothing has no dimension , space , length , breadth and movement

Quote:
The correct question should be either"does anything exist" or "does nothingness exist".

disagree

the threads question is fine

mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 09:03 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
A Lyn Fei wrote:

On the abstract, I'd say the only way that something could be derived from nothing- and this is the writer in me speaking, of course- is if the human brain actually was able to manifest something from its imagination. A Lyn

Hi A Lyn,
But you've said it yourself - It origiated from a brain - without which it would never have done so. A brain being present illiminates it having arisen from nothing, don't you think?
xxx
Mark...
north

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:09 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

A Lyn Fei wrote:

On the abstract, I'd say the only way that something could be derived from nothing- and this is the writer in me speaking, of course- is if the human brain actually was able to manifest something from its imagination. A Lyn

Hi A Lyn,
But you've said it yourself - It origiated from a brain - without which it would never have done so. A brain being present illiminates it having arisen from nothing, don't you think?
xxx
Mark...

from imagination only

this does not translate into reality
ABYA

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 03:25 am
@north,
north wrote:

ABYA wrote:

Quote:

the Universe does exist and has nothing to do with being " inside the mind "

Maybe, but I don't know of a way to prove that theres anything outside the mind, apart from light.
Your looking at your monitor at this moment and your seeing it as though its outside of you, but whats really happening. Light is hitting your retina, causing impulses to travel through your optic nerves into your brain, where these impulses are converted into an image, that image is in your mind.
The same can be said of all our senses
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:00 am
@north,
north wrote:

from imagination only

this does not translate into reality

Hi North,
The imagination does not exist without a physical brain being present.
Best wishes.
Mark...
0 Replies

A Lyn Fei

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:29 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

A Lyn Fei wrote:

Hi A Lyn,
xxx
Mark...

Rarely, rarely do footsteps fall
Upon the ground but not at all
They step on air
And climb the clouds
They step upon the heads of Gods

It is hard to think of imagination corporeally. But, you are right. I concede the imagination is the result mostly of potassium and sodium exchanging in the brain. When I am very tired I begin to hallucinate. Once, while lying in bed, I began to speak of imagination as "neural fireworks". Irrelevant, relevant. I am beginning to have them now.
mark noble

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:42 am
@A Lyn Fei,
Hi A Lyn,
"Neural Fireworks", Brilliant! Now we need only establish what, if any, sentience lights their fuse.
Great to have you on board!
xxx
Mark...
0 Replies

Briteone

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 09:01 am
I've seen the Neverending Story.
oh yes,
nothing exist.
and it is coming....
THE NOTHING IS COMING!
THE NOTHING IS COMING!
dec 21,2012
scary.. isn't tit lol wait.....it is scary, my god save us all.
ABYA

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 05:17 pm
@Briteone,
Briteone wrote:

I've seen the Neverending Story.
oh yes,
nothing exist.
and it is coming....
THE NOTHING IS COMING!
THE NOTHING IS COMING!
dec 21,2012
scary.. isn't tit lol wait.....it is scary, my god save us all.

I've seen star trek, the movie.
Don't worry my friend, life goes on way after 2012.
mark noble

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 05:46 pm
@ABYA,
Hi Abya,
The "Doctor" went all the way to the end of the universe - Then he took to the stage and they gave us this numpty. What a comedown!!!

Best wishes.
Mark...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 05:57 pm
Its so obvious that by its own definition Nothing is nothing, that I find it hard to someone to disagree...
Void is space, therefore something...IT HAS THE PROPERTY OF ALLOWING MOVEMENT !!! ...how can it be compared with pure blank straight nothingness ??????????
Owen phil

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 01:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
FA: Its so obvious that by its own definition Nothing is nothing, that I find it hard to someone to disagree...

(nothing)=(nothing), is a contradiction.
(some x: x=(nothing)) is a contradiction.
(some F: F(nothing)), is a contradiction.

Nothing does not exist.
mark noble

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 09:08 am
@Owen phil,
Hi Owen!

Absolutely!

Kind regards.
Mark...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:12 am
@Owen phil,
Owen phil wrote:

FA: Its so obvious that by its own definition Nothing is nothing, that I find it hard to someone to disagree...

(nothing)=(nothing), is a contradiction.
(some x: x=(nothing)) is a contradiction.
(some F: F(nothing)), is a contradiction.

Nothing does not exist.

You get it wrong ! But anyway its technically my fault...
That was exactly what I meant with the sentence...
...If nothing is nothing, then nothing cannot be !!! (of course )

Given such is True one may well ask what is it that we address when we mention nothing as a word...
mark noble

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:16 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi Filipe!

The absence of everything.

Have a great day.
Mark...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:24 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Filipe!