guigus

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 10:42 am
@Chights47,
Chights47 wrote:

Yes, being and nothingness can be the same thing. What's the next topic other than this "nothingness" then?

Thank you very much!

Well, I don't know if you realize what you have just agreed with, so let me call your attention to the fact that this has huge implications. The first question that arises from this is: how can be nothing be everything that exists? How can this be, without also destroying everything? And it is only when you seriously ask yourself that question that things begin to get really interesting.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 10:58 am
@guigus,
I think I answered that long time ago as so many other patient people did...trivial to conclude that nothingness is nothingness which is what you are stating write there...
(...and then a few steps later you contradict yourself or jump into hasty conclusions which cannot even be inferred from the previous trivial assertions that you do...)
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 11:04 am
@guigus,
Based on the new questions that you've presented, I'm not as certain that I understand, could you explain it to me? I can broadly speculate but I doubt that I could answer appropriately.
guigus

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 04:46 pm
@Chights47,
Chights47 wrote:

Based on the new questions that you've presented, I'm not as certain that I understand, could you explain it to me? I can broadly speculate but I doubt that I could answer appropriately.

The idea of nothing is contradictory: nothing is the negation of being, hence not any single being. Besides, by being not any single being, nothing is also not every single being, so not any single being is not every single being. However, that last sentence just means that any being is any other being, which despite being an unintended meaning, remains the necessary meaning of nothing: the idea of nothing is also the idea of everything. Hence the question: How is it possible for everything to be nothing and still exist? Or, as Heidegger would put it: Why there is something rather than nothing?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 05:47 pm
@guigus,
Not any anything is, rather it is not moron !
You simply got to be the jumbo jet of stupidity around, you should get a crown by beating the competition...
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 05:56 pm
@guigus,
I now see 2 seperate problems. The first being that I think I learn better about such matter if I'm able to research them. The second being that trying to explain such things in text form is difficult due to the lack of all of the different aspects of verbal communications (your bolding and italicizing certain sections helped). I looked up (Martin) Heiddeger and did a little research and it's actually very interesting. I've done a little sporadic research on it so far but would there be any aspects to Heiddegar that I should focus on?
zt09

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 03:08 am
@guigus,
Quote:
nothing is the negation of being

I'm sorry if my English is not good enough but wouldt it be more correct to say that nothing is the denial of being. Because the negation of being antibeing.

Quote:
How is it possible for everything to be nothing and still exist?

And this is quite possible. Just like
Code:A+B=0; A<>0;B<>0
. I mean that as "nonnothing" integral part of nothing "A" exists in some sense and there is even something left (B).

But I cannot understand your logic as well.
guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Not any anything is, rather it is not moron !
You simply got to be the jumbo jet of stupidity around, you should get a crown by beating the competition...

Please go importunate somebody else.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:36 am
@Chights47,
Chights47 wrote:

I now see 2 seperate problems. The first being that I think I learn better about such matter if I'm able to research them. The second being that trying to explain such things in text form is difficult due to the lack of all of the different aspects of verbal communications (your bolding and italicizing certain sections helped). I looked up (Martin) Heiddeger and did a little research and it's actually very interesting. I've done a little sporadic research on it so far but would there be any aspects to Heiddegar that I should focus on?

You can read Heidegger if you want, but I suspect it won't help, since what I am presenting here is fairly simple: if you cannot understand it, I suggest you tell me what are the possible interpretations you are finding, so I can try helping you understand.
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:44 am
@zt09,
zt09 wrote:

guigus wrote:
nothing is the negation of being

I'm sorry if my English is not good enough but wouldt it be more correct to say that nothing is the denial of being. Because the negation of being antibeing.

This is not physics, in which you have something like anti-matter as different from regular matter. This is philosophy, where anti-matter is as much a being as matter is. The only possible "anti-being" is a non-being: here denial and negation are the same. Hence, you can use denial if you prefer.

zt09 wrote:

guigus wrote:
How is it possible for everything to be nothing and still exist?

And this is quite possible. Just like
Code:A+B=0; A<>0;B<>0
. I mean that as "nonnothing" integral part of nothing "A" exists in some sense and there is even something left (B).

But I cannot understand your logic as well.

Nothing is not zero:

Nothing multiplied by zero equals a nonzero number.
Zero multiplied by zero does not equal a nonzero number.
zt09

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 01:18 pm
@guigus,
Quote:
Nothing is not zero:

Strictly saying, yes, even zero can have several meanings in some cases. In my previous example zero means rather nothing that can be everything then nothing that is the absence of anything. So I think using zero instead of Nothing is not a big mistake in this particular case.
hamilton

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 01:33 pm
@zt09,
in that case, what is a negative?
0 Replies

guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:52 pm
@zt09,
zt09 wrote:

Quote:
Nothing is not zero:

Strictly saying, yes, even zero can have several meanings in some cases. In my previous example zero means rather nothing that can be everything then nothing that is the absence of anything. So I think using zero instead of Nothing is not a big mistake in this particular case.

So now a small mistake is no longer a mistake? Don't you get embarrassed by such a high-level standard of rigor?

Your example was that, if A + B = 0 with A (hence B) <> 0, then zero as "nothing" is the same as "something." This is wrong twice:

1) It is mathematically wrong, since the result of the expression, zero, equals the expression itself, rather than any of its parts---in your example, A + B is just another form of zero, hence identical to it (rather than something different, which is what your argument implies).

2) It is philosophically wrong, since A + B = 0 is just a mathematical expression, where zero is just an ordinary number, hence different from nothing.

The only reason why zero is the same as nothing is because nothing is everything, which is what I am showing you from the beginning. But in this case not only zero is the same as nothing, but also anything else, including any other number. And it is not because of any property of zero that this happens, but rather because of nothing itself.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 06:07 pm
@guigus,
Nothing it is not, as suggested, the unclassified, in such that becomes anything and everything...but rather and instead the unclassifiable... which comes as a very very different assumption...

Nothing is "that", which in its non beingness can´t ever be categorized in any form or way...

Nothing is "that", which is forever absent...

"that" which is not...
Nothing is Nothing ! (and such that there is no nothing)

...referring to nothingness as being everything has as much logic as a leap of faith in the Spaghetti Monster...it is no less then a presumptuous crystal clear dumb assumption...
guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:33 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Nothing it is not, as suggested, the unclassified, in such that becomes anything and everything...but rather and instead the unclassifiable... which comes as a very very different assumption...

Nothing is "that", which in its non beingness can´t ever be categorized in any form or way...

Nothing is "that", which is forever absent...

"that" which is not...
Nothing is Nothing ! (and such that there is no nothing)

...referring to nothingness as being everything has as much logic as a leap of faith in the Spaghetti Monster...it is no less then a presumptuous crystal clear dumb assumption...

When you use "nothing is nothing" to support that "there is no nothing" you are already making nothing into something, by which alone you can deny its existence: your very assertion denies itself. All your posts are based on the same trick: you first use "nothing" as meaning "something," then pretend you have always used it as meaning "no being."

There is no way of escaping the inherent contradiction of nothing as also being something: whenever you try to eliminate its "beingness" in one way, it manifests itself in another, so stop trying this---it "has as much logic as a leap of faith in the Spaghetti Monster."

That nothing is everything is not a "dumb assumption," not because it is not dumb, but because it is not even an assumption: it is just the meaning of nothing.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:48 pm
@guigus,
No I'm not...I am in fact just stating plain simple that nothingness doesn't exist, doesn't refer, it is a miss conception...can u read at all? Or are u to far gone in delusion?
guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:53 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

No I'm not...I am in fact just stating plain simple that nothingness doesn't exist, doesn't refer, it is a miss conception...can u read at all? Or are u to far gone in delusion?

It is you that are using "nothing is nothing" to deny its existence as if it were something, not me, so it is you that are presuming it to be something while denying so: it is you that are being delusional.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:58 pm
@guigus,
Looooooool...take the psychiatric option and quick...u need help!
guigus

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Looooooool...take the psychiatric option and quick...u need help!

Ok, ok. Bye.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:04 pm
@guigus,
You are so idiotic that actually can t distinguish a pre concept, a want a be from something that actualy is...what a looser!
It is like claiming that if I speak of nothingness then nothingness exists only because I spoke of it...geeee...when what actually there is is a concept which intends to correspond to something...in the particular case not even that...a concept that contradicts its own conception a plain mistake of the worst kind...
0 Replies