31
   

ARE YOU ORIGINAL A2Kr's Glad We Came, After All?

 
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:48 pm
@HexHammer,
So, you are not prepared to discriminate between curiosity and a desire for information, and what you call "attention seeking". Someday, you might be ready for the distinction. But, not now.
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:06 pm
@roger,
Everything has it's time.

Just that I am a ruthless efficient person, I make results ..when it is the results that counts.
0 Replies
 
Robert Gentel
 
  3  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:07 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
We gained many many valuable posters and it has already made the site much more interesting to me.


I just checked and the average time a visitor spends on able2know has nearly doubled since Philforum joined us, so it's not just me.
0 Replies
 
margo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:28 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

is this like a Rorschach thing, cuz all I see is a flippin' rabbit...


I don't recommend you try flippin' that particular rabbit, boyo! Twisted Evil
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:50 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
are you glad to have us on board?
Thank you, all. Be merry.
Did you bring beer ?
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 05:51 am
@G-Thomson,
Going by your avatar you look like an upper class twit.
G-Thomson
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:59 am
@Ionus,
Ha!
Indeed I am.
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:00 am
@G-Thomson,
I wonder how many got the ref ? One of the funniest clips of all times....doesnt matter how many times I watch it.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  0  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:05 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Going by your avatar you look like an upper class twit.


Upper class, middle class, lower class...what does that mean ???
I have a noble ascendency (a Portuguese Vice King in India in the fifteen century, Afonso de Albuquerque) and yet my life standards are just like anybody else , I am not even rich, or better educated...

Up or down is about the way you fit the world and not about social symbols or status heritage...
G-Thomson
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:09 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I wonder how many got the ref ? One of the funniest clips of all times....doesnt matter how many times I watch it.

Yeah, I love all things Monty Python.
I don't think the poster above me got the reference, but it's from a comedy sketch Fil.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:19 am
@G-Thomson,
Oh, I can see I was awfully to quick in judgement and out of context...my bad !
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:22 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
not about social symbols or status heritage...
Nonsense. Upper class is about being filthy rich, inbred and english. it is about fox hunting, marrying your cousin and worrying about the peasants, the poor dears. It is about survival of the unfittest because of tradition and status. It is unseemly for a gentleman to be too educated. A gentleman has two suits, one for funerals and one for audiences with the Queen...which leaves a problem if the Queen dies....the rest of the time one drives around in a sports car and a tweed jacket.

Clearly you are NOT upper class materiel.
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:26 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
not about social symbols or status heritage...
Nonsense. Upper class is about being filthy rich, inbred and english. it is about fox hunting, marrying your cousin and worrying about the peasants, the poor dears. It is about survival of the unfittest because of tradition and status. It is unseemly for a gentleman to be too educated. A gentleman has two suits, one for funerals and one for audiences with the Queen...which leaves a problem if the Queen dies....the rest of the time one drives around in a sports car and a tweed jacket.

Clearly you are NOT upper class materiel.


Given the reference, I certainly am not !...Sigh !
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Just pulling your leg, Fil ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:29 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Well, wisdom can be found in anything, and compassion is always good.
This is excatly where I disagree with most modern people, they think only a nice appearance can make compassionate thoughts, while I think being unemotional is far better and can be much more compassionate, as most doesn't have the guts to do what it takes, make unpopular decitions, because of limited resources, not side with anyone, not do what only makes you popular ..etc.

Unfortunaly I'v gotten too much success being unemotional in a big buisness, because no one else dared fighting an entier staff of chiefs, thereby making a task take 8-22h only taking 2-3h. Change the company sales software, all the PC into terminals ..etc ..etc.
Because I dared meddle in other's area of expertize, because I was loudmouthed and didn't care for poor oppinions, doing so without formal education, but the big boss would see the results, and results is what counts for him, not whiney chiefs.

..that's how you change things! Being nice doesn't change much as so many selfishly desire.
mark noble
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:41 am
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex,
I'm sure that's an efficient business thesis, but I am not here to work, I am here to relax, throw my thoughts about, have fun, listen to others, make some friends along the way, and help anyone and everyone in any way I can - Because happiness promotes happiness, and I like being happy.
Be happy Hex.
Mark...
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:50 am
@HexHammer,
Perhaps if your only desire is money.
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:00 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
I'm sure that's an efficient business thesis, but I am not here to work, I am here to relax, throw my thoughts about, have fun, listen to others, make some friends along the way, and help anyone and everyone in any way I can - Because happiness promotes happiness, and I like being happy.
Be happy Hex.
That's very selfish words, great selfinterest, only caring for youself and your closest.

dlowan wrote:
Perhaps if your only desire is money.
I havn't done any of these things with the desire of money. I did it because I had to, because I had the better knowledge of how to make people help themselves better.
Wouldn't you dispense some advice to the needy without expecting anything in return?
djjd62
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:02 am
@HexHammer,
for me, i try to live my life by the words of a wise ma

"i'd rather be happy than right"
dlowan
 
  2  
Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:04 am
@HexHammer,
Well, we simply have totally different ways of being.

I think yours sounds highly arrogant and I choose to treat people and life very differently.

So it goes.

We could likely argue forever and never reach a conclusion, and this is a thread about neither of us and our different ways.

0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How to use the new able2know - Discussion by Craven de Kere
New A2K feature requests. - Discussion by DrewDad
I'm the developer - Discussion by Nick Ashley
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
A2K censors tags? - Discussion by hingehead
New A2K Bugs - Discussion by sozobe
New A2K annoyances - Discussion by sozobe
The a2k world is changing 3: about voting - Discussion by Craven de Kere
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Welcome to the 'New' My Posts - Discussion by Nick Ashley
The "I get folksonomy" club - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 11/24/2020 at 06:34:50