ARE YOU ORIGINAL A2Kr's Glad We Came, After All?

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:29 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Folks,
You've had a little taste of both our collective and individual mindset by now. So tell me/us, what do you really think, and are you glad to have us on board?
Thank you, all. Be merry.
Mark...
Maybe it's because I got ADHD, but I don't understand these attention seeking posts which doesn't seemingly to me have any purpose or meaning other than stimulating the group think and flock instinct.

..I must be cold ..cold as ice!

I just took your temperature....not rectally I assure you....and you are certainly a tad coolish.

Wink

I am far on the warm fuzzy end myself...except when provoked....but the great thing about here is there is room aplenty for all sorts.

Now..this should make you shiver:
http://www.mattsmetalworks.com/site%20graphics/welcomes/welcome%20bunny.jpg
mark noble

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:36 pm
@dlowan,
Hi dlowan,
I'm HAPPY to be here.
If you build it...They will come!(Field of dreams)
Best wishes.
Mark...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:04 pm
@dlowan,
:::reaches over and makes a slight adjustment to da bunny's ears:::

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:07 pm
@dlowan,
Oh good, you moved your ears a bit and fixed it all by yer lonesome! Well done, bunny!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:09 pm
@Butrflynet,
is this like a Rorschach thing, cuz all I see is a flippin' rabbit...
Eva

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:12 pm
A big welcome to all the philosophy folks! VERY glad you're here!

I'm recovering from shoulder surgery 3 days ago and am limited to 1 hand at the moment, or I'd give you a big welcome hug. We'll have to get better acquainted once I'm off pain meds and thinking more clearly. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:19 pm
@Eva,
There she is!

Hope you are feeling much better now, Eva. Your one-fingeredness looks marvelous.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:24 pm
@dlowan,
Very possible that it is unfair, deb. I agree with Rob's sentiment that in the end this will be a very positive thing -- for those in both groups. I think it already is becoming so for many on both side of the ballroom, to use his metaphor.

Lots of **** going on in the world right now leaving me a bit impatient. I'd rather see the dust settle sooner than later, but I do see signs that that will indeed happen.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:25 pm
@Eva,
Sorry to hear that, Eva, but I'm happy to hear that you're healing and progressing. Be well soon.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

is this like a Rorschach thing, cuz all I see is a flippin' rabbit...

She's referring to an earlier attempt to post that image which I stuffed up.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:50 pm
@dlowan,
thanks.

now I won't have to contemplate it in my slumber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXfXssDUYxU
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:20 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Struck me as more ordinary curiosity than attention seeking. Now, when someone posts one of those "I am not appreciated here, and I'm leaving. Forever!" type threads, that's attention seeking. Also, not well received.
Then please englighten me of it's relevance, as I fail to do see it.

mark noble wrote:

United we stand - Divided we fall.
I like interacting with people. Don't you?
Journey well sir.
Yes? ..eeh?
I have done nothing but interacting with people both in old forum and new forum, without chit chatting like this thread, talking about "feel good things", which has no deeper intellectual value.

I often find this "feel good" factor which relates to group think and flock instinct, an immense handicap for philosophy, as it will cloud ones mind, and cripple your honest oppinion.
HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:22 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
AAAARRRRRRR!!!!!
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:31 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Struck me as more ordinary curiosity than attention seeking. Now, when someone posts one of those "I am not appreciated here, and I'm leaving. Forever!" type threads, that's attention seeking. Also, not well received.
Actually, I think it's quite opposit, that if someone leaves a group, the person stands outside of group think and flock instinct. The person can actually think for him/her-self.

Such person's post often is more importaint than the usual blind prasial posts ..with my limited marketing experience.
dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:40 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

roger wrote:
Actually, I think it's quite opposit, that if someone leaves a group, the person stands outside of group think and flock instinct. The person can actually think for him/her-self.

Such person's post often is more importaint than the usual blind prasial posts ..with my limited marketing experience.

Honey....this ain't marketing.

I advise you wait until you see some of our perennial "I am leaving" folk in action before making a decision.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:41 pm
@dlowan,
when's the next full moon?
HexHammer

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:44 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I advise you wait until you see some of our perennial "I am leaving" folk in action before making a decision.
I have for like past 10 years studied "I'm leaving" posts in different genres of online activity, some are dramatic, some seems unreasonable, some seems like spam ..etc.

We all find wisdom in different things, Buddha found wisdom in the words of a music teacher.
dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:44 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

roger wrote:

Then please englighten me of it's relevance, as I fail to do see it.

mark noble wrote:

United we stand - Divided we fall.
I like interacting with people. Don't you?
Journey well sir.
Yes? ..eeh?
I have done nothing but interacting with people both in old forum and new forum, without chit chatting like this thread, talking about "feel good things", which has no deeper intellectual value.

I often find this "feel good" factor which relates to group think and flock instinct, an immense handicap for philosophy, as it will cloud ones mind, and cripple your honest oppinion.

Then avoid it, as it makes you uncomfortable.

But also, perhaps, reflect a little upon why you dislike it so.

I suspect you will find it is a personality thing, and therefore not something to judge others upon.

Also, many of us enjoy both the deep thinking and the joy of persiflage and chat.

They are not mutually exclusive for most humans, and many find both enrich life.

It's fine if you do not find that to be true...but be careful about being judgmental.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

when's the next full moon?

There have been a number with no effect.

I suspect meds are being taken, maturity has occurred, or other outlets have been found.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:47 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

dlowan wrote:

I have for like past 10 years studied "I'm leaving" posts in different genres of online activity, some are dramatic, some seems unreasonable, some seems like spam ..etc.

We all find wisdom in different things, Buddha found wisdom in the words of a music teacher.

Well, wisdom can be found in anything, and compassion is always good.

I am no Buddha, sadly...I have limits...still.