Should The Colors of this Site be Changed?

G-Thomson

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:53 am
I actually like 'Copy of Bloggy Gradient Blues'.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:00 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Does the amount of light in the room where one surfs the internet have anything to do with color preferences on the screen?

Yes, but I bet type of monitor and display settings make a bigger difference. This site is much whiter on some of these people's screens than on others. On my computers it's not washed out, on other monitors it looks bleached.

But color is the thing people agree on the least in web design, so I think the ideal solution is to build a way that members can pick different colors and make their own color scheme.
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:11 am
@Roberta,
The present screen is best for photos....

Perhaps a biege mauve chantese aqua with a twist of lemon....
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:35 am
@Krumple,
When I have hooked or Crooked into a nice grant I work for Microsoft. I think I get plenty of M.S.-Blues, might even write a song about it lol. Its a decent color scheme, not homey at all, a bit too industrial, I'd like to see greys and burnt oranges.

Krumple wrote:

yes the colors are horrid. it currently is a combination of baby diarrhea and microsoft blues.
mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:10 pm
@GoshisDead,
Hi all,
I'm compensating by wearing sunglasses, but I can't see my keyboard anymore, because it is black. My dogs have become estranged to me because they can't see my eyes. My eyes really hurt. I may be gone for a few days to recover, but I don't want to (be gone, not recover). Anything but this brilliant bleachyness will do.
Have a brilliant day everyone.
Mark...
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:33 pm
@mark noble,
Mark, which browser do you use: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Crome or some other one?
mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
Hi Bfn,
Internet explorer. But I have just found a dimmer knob on my screen, that seems to help.
Thank you .
Mark...
0 Replies

Arjuna

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:47 pm
@Robert Gentel,
explorations in clay would seem to be the feng shui answer: it's got dynamism... fire and coolness in a southwesty vibe that gives the impression of openness.

Kind of hard to tell with just a color bar though... it might not work according to the theory. Latte da looked inviting to me.

-- hey I answered this before I finished reading the thread... a bunch of people picked explorations in clay... great minds think alike.... and so do ours!

0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:13 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

But color is the thing people agree on the least in web design, so I think the ideal solution is to build a way that members can pick different colors and make their own color scheme.

Absolutely. Who doesn't want maximum customization?
No doubt that's most difficult to build and implement, right?
0 Replies

salima

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 09:57 am
@Butrflynet,
oh-thanks! this will keep me up most of the night i think. i always hated the yahoo color scheme...but what will happen to my blogspot? this is fun! Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:19 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Everything else works so well, I had stopped even considering the colors. I'm happy.

ditto
0 Replies