Circumcision; to be or not to be?

DrewDad

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 09:40 am
@Paperheartstrings,
Are these not your words?

Paperheartstrings wrote:
For you pro-uncircumcision people (specifically you men), calm down and get off your high horse. You're not him, you shouldn't be concerned. I know it's simply your opinion and I can handle that, but what I can't handle is your biased, one-sidedness. Calm down. We're all old enough to have a mature, civilized conversation. Not to bash a woman for asking for advice.

He's wearing his big boy diapers so you guys can just relax. Don't bother posting 'advice' either, my decision is final and he won't have to make such an 'imaginable sacrifice,' Wink

You came to an anonymous message board and asked for advice. You received it. If you can't take the feedback without going all petulant, then don't come asking for it.

Nobody bashed you for being a woman, and you got the exact same advice from both men and women, but you continue to try to make it a gender issue.

You're a sad, shallow, little person. That makes me sad for you.
Paperheartstrings

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:09 am
@DrewDad,
Yes, these were my words. I know women also agreed with the males here, but the males have most of the problems with the post. I know that several women on this post had the same initial reaction as I did and understood how I felt. I feel only the minority of the women were being closed-minded and were misunderstanding, while the majority of the men were being so. Singling out the sex with the most problems with my post is not making a gender issue. It's simply confronting the people with the issue and trying to make them relax.

Saying "hey, men, calm down" isn't a big deal. Men were coming in with a 'it's my penis' attitude. Sure, you have one and know personally how delicate your part is. I get that. But his penis and what he chooses to do with it isn't your choice and it doesn't affect you. A little more advice and a little less attitude was all I was asking. Now that my mind is made up, I don't need advice, yet people still feel the need to continue even though I'm on their side.

Ultimately, that means I'm on your side as well. Yet I seem to be a "sad, shallow, little person." For being pro-uncircumcision, that makes me a sad person? You have no idea what you're talking about, and you're just trying to argue for the sake of getting the last word. Continuing to name call and being condescending just shows how immature you are. I have no respect for people like you.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:15 am
@Paperheartstrings,
Relax. I'm on your side. Honestly. I'm just trying to help you understand how wrong you are, and how uptight you are over nothing. No need to get all hysterical.
Dosed

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:21 am
I've been in this situation. My concern was more for how do I please him? I'm not used to this. But there really isn't much of a difference except for the bell of the penis is more sensitive than a circumsized guy's and the foreskin is pretty tough and you can have a bit more fun with it.

But to be honest, penises always look silly. what's a little extra skin?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:41 am
@Paperheartstrings,
I still disagree with the first post question, and not because I misunderstand it:

quoting,
" So do I:

1) Selfishly tell my significant other to get circumcised [I'm aware of pros/cons], portray that I don't accept everything about him, ultimately making him feel worthless just so I can be sexually/physically attracted to him. And to add on, he admitted he's not 100% sure about doing it, but he offered if I preferred it.

Or 2) Tell him not to, which is basically lying to myself to spare his feelings, and stay uninterested to him sexually."

I maintain it is not appropriate for you to tell him to fix or not fix his penis.
I understand you disagree with my comment on your not being clear on personal boundaries, but that is my opinion.
It remains my opinion, whether or not you changed your mind about the aesthetics (etc) issue.
GoshisDead

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:55 am
@Dosed,
Dosed wrote:

I've been in this situation. My concern was more for how do I please him? I'm not used to this. But there really isn't much of a difference except for the bell of the penis is more sensitive than a circumsized guy's and the foreskin is pretty tough and you can have a bit more fun with it.

But to be honest, penises always look silly. what's a little extra skin?

Owwwwww My fragile ego!
Dosed

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:13 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:

Owwwwww My fragile ego!

Razz Mr. Green
Paperheartstrings

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:25 am
@DrewDad,
How wrong I am for being pro-uncircumcision? I don't really think there's a right or wrong answer about it. However a man wants his part is his choice/business. I'm not being uptight. I've changed my mind because I'm willing to be open minded and accept there are alternative answers.
Paperheartstrings

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:27 am
@Dosed,
That was just my initial reaction. I honestly don't think it's much of an issue anymore if it is at all. I never really thought of a penis looking silly, but I guess I can see where you get that. I guess it's just more to play with.
0 Replies

Paperheartstrings

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:29 am
@ossobuco,
The way he is isn't wrong. There is no 'fixing' or 'not fixing' it. It's natural. It is inappropriate for me to respond to his question? He asked, and I told him no. He asked because he wanted an answer.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:48 am
@Paperheartstrings,
It's your choice of words, "tell him to" or "tell him not to". Inappropriate for you to be telling him what to do.
Paperheartstrings

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
@ossobuco,
You're taking my words absolutely too literal. He asked what I wanted him to do. I responded with not doing anything; as in he's fine the way he is. I don't mean I'm literally demanding him to or not to, I just told him I'd rather he doesn't. As in he's okay, not to worry about it, it's not a big deal. Do you understand now?
DrewDad

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:23 pm
@Paperheartstrings,
You're wrong about it being a male/female issue. You're wrong about men coming at it from a "ZOMG! She's talking about my weiner" point of view.

I'm glad you've adjusted your expectations, and I'm glad that you're going to accept your boyfriend the way he is.

Have a nice day.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 01:17 pm
@Dosed,
well I'll pretend you didn't say what you said and I'll go on believeing that I have a very distinguished looking member. Maybe I'll even get it a little top hat.
Dosed

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 01:27 pm
@GoshisDead,
I didn't say penises weren't awesome. I just said they're rather silly looking. They dance. And they shoot out semen like spider-man shoots out web. They grow big and then get small again. They are awesomely silly. Smile Vaginas are just pretty, you see.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 01:35 pm
@Paperheartstrings,
Well, I understand what you are saying, and will leave it at that.
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 01:40 pm
Well, now I know why this thread is so incredibly popular.

People get to talk about weewees and vayjays. Sweet...
GoshisDead

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 01:58 pm
@Dosed,
hate to break it to you but vaginas don't look like georgia O'Keefe paintings, no matter how much I like them.
Pangloss

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:02 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:

hate to break it to you but vaginas don't look like georgia O'Keefe paintings, no matter how much I like them.

Both are quite crude-looking and utilitarian. You'd think the Creator would have come up with something more elegant than an outlet and a plug. More evidence for darwinian evolution piles up...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:30 pm
@DrewDad,
I was fairly neutral about wanting a girl or a boy -- I thought either would be interesting -- but one of my first thoughts when she turned out to be a girl (we didn't know for sure until she was born) was "whew, we won't have to make the circumcision decision!!"

I had done a ton of research and was most of the way to "no" but was happy to be able to sidestep the whole shebang.